Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
I was told to not say anything till next month but i can't keep a secret.Silverlit told me that they have a 2.4 bike comeing out but they have to find a store to sell them if they don't the bike will not come out.Othet thing he told me was it was going to be more like the mini z moto.

I hope it's the same size as the old one but have the guy move with direct steer and gyro
yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:25 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
I was told to not say anything till next month but i can't keep a secret.Silverlit told me that they have a 2.4 bike comeing out but they have to find a store to sell them if they don't the bike will not come out.Othet thing he told me was it was going to be more like the mini z moto.

I hope it's the same size as the old one but have the guy move with direct steer and gyro
WW sounds good if it is true.

yamar6 do you have the mini z moto i would like to see a pic of it next to the silverlit for size comparison as i have not seen one in real life.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:36 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie79 View Post
I worked out that the direct steering on a stock bike is no good! Better off just puting weights in the rider. Not enough speed for the direct steering to work properly. It just wants to flop side to side. I can get it going pretty good but hardly any turn on the RX witch means the rider don't hardly move. Time to start on a full mod I think.
How long will it take to get lipos and charger from hobby king ? I'm still waiting?
That's why i use rubber bands on my steering it gives a slower smoother steering as the band stretches the steering is more gradual & not so abrupt i don't know if you could run bands on a stock bike though it may get jammed up, i have just swapped my 1/8 kyosho hor to bands instead of the rod & spring set up & it is much smoother now.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
No not yet but the mini motor is half the size I'm waiting for my friends hobby store to redo the track for the bikes.if I silverlit don't make it can I send u my bike and parts to make 2.4

I'll go Monday to the hobby shop and take pics of both bikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
WW sounds good if it is true.

yamar6 do you have the mini z moto i would like to see a pic of it next to the silverlit for size comparison as i have not seen one in real life.
Last edited by yamar6; Sep 28, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
You're welcome, Throttlejunkie

I think this thread is a bit of a minority sport now, Davie79, probably because the bikes aren't readily available to many people. Personally, I don't mod mine, but I do enjoy reading other people's mods, and I have less successful bigger bikes I mean to work on one day, so the engineering tips are useful.

FWIW, I hadn't seen any of your youtube videos so I've decided to add links here - few people will see them otherwise. There's a lot of them though.

Your full collection is here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gdavie1

The steering mod ones I can see are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAiINxpQGWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4gIpetlPRg

And there's another mod one, from a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bDdkNcr2gA

EDIT: Sorry, I see that's for a 1/5 bike. I pasted it in without watching it first. I'll leave it there for now though.
Thanks for that mate
Davie79 is offline Find More Posts by Davie79
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:02 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,737 Posts
Quote:
No not yet but the mini motor is half the size I'm waiting for my friends hobby store to redo the track for the bikes.if I silverlit don't make it can I send u my bike and parts to make 2.4

I'll go Monday to the hobby shop and take pics of both bikes
Ok that will be great i would like to see the size difference.

To send your bike to me to be modded would make it one very expensive silverlit as the shipping costs alone would be ridiculous, i am sure you could do it if you try & we are here to guide you if need be.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Got the steering worked out now! On a stock bike just add weight to the rider it makes it turn way better don't need direct streening. All I did was pack my rider with blutack! Adds enough to make it turn on a dime!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
That's why i use rubber bands on my steering it gives a slower smoother steering as the band stretches the steering is more gradual & not so abrupt i don't know if you could run bands on a stock bike though it may get jammed up, i have just swapped my 1/8 kyosho hor to bands instead of the rod & spring set up & it is much smoother now.
Yeah I carnt get a rubber band setup to work on the stock bike. They keep on getting court on something. I took direct steering off and just packed the rider with blutack! Turns so much better now. No direct steering till I go full mods I thinks
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I carnt get a rubber band setup to work on the stock bike. They keep on getting courtr on something. I took direct steering off and just packed the rider with blutack! Turns so much better now. No direct steering till I go full mods I thinks
Tried more weight and worked even better. My rider is now full of blutack lol just have to make sure you keep it away from the moving parts so the rider can still move. I like this setup better then the direct steering setup! I've got enough weight in there with the blutack that it turns that good I think I could do some good times around a track
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Good to see it got there ok mate, the honda is a better looking bike the repsol livery always looks good.
Yeah direct steer is a lot better control, just a tip if you don't already know with direct steer when the crash bar touches the ground while turning if you hold the steering the bike will lean over but want to go straight so what you do is let go of the steering so it returns to center & the bike will turn & you can use the throttle to stand it back up.
How can I fix my Honda man? Don't get me wrong it go good but the rider seems to learn to the right more then he will to the left! Witch wont hardley let me turn left.What's the go with that mate?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
My bike does that to also where did u put blutack in the guy did u only put it in his legs
Quote:
How can I fix my Honda man? Don't get me wrong it go good but the rider seems to learn to the right more then he will to the left! Witch wont hardley let me turn left.What's the go with that mate?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
My bike does that to also where did u put blutack in the guy did u only put it in his legs
Na I put blutack anywhere I could fit it but made sure I put more on the left side! I packed it in there too didn't just stick a little bit in there
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
So much better now! No need for direct steering the extra weight is enough
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
New crash bar setup. Hardly ever hits the ground and when it does it just skims never had it catch yet! So best setup I've come up with yrt
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
1/12 Hayabusa static I built and never put the decals on! Now I'm thinking about fitting the fairings and decals and painting a silverlit up like a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (YouTube ghost rider)