HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP92 View Post
Yea I think I altered cruise speed and the throttle settings a little bit but I will be sure to check out those ALT P and ALT D values next time. Thanks!

I did perform common calibration beforehand so I was a little surprised by the dive and I see I should probably have tested it on higher altitude, luckily it went well anyway, but would it be better to calibrate joystick next time instead of common calibration?

MFD, it is 1.15, but what is "the interface of the motor"? Is it about magnetic fields and interference? Anyway I will double check the AP mounting setting.
Yes, you should use Joystick calibration after you have trimmed the plane. No need for common calibration.

Yes, the Motor, ESC or its cables near by AP can generate a lot of electromagnetic interference however you can test with the AP outside the plane, to rule out if the compass problem comes from EMI or it is not calibrated corectly. Remember The calibration should be donr on all three axes.
schumixmd is online now Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM
Joined Jan 2014
220 Posts
Thanks again!
ChrisP92 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP92
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined Apr 2010
95 Posts
Hello,
Regarding calibrating the compass on all 3 axis..

1. ----While the AP is in Compass Calibration Mode should we rotate the aircraft 360 on horizontal , vertical and diagonal axis?

2-------.And should all three axis be calibrated at the same time? or 3 separate calibrations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd View Post
Yes, you should use Joystick calibration after you have trimmed the plane. No need for common calibration.

Yes, the Motor, ESC or its cables near by AP can generate a lot of electromagnetic interference however you can test with the AP outside the plane, to rule out if the compass problem comes from EMI or it is not calibrated corectly. Remember The calibration should be donr on all three axes.
coa106 is offline Find More Posts by coa106
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP92 View Post
Yea I think I altered cruise speed and the throttle settings a little bit but I will be sure to check out those ALT P and ALT D values next time. Thanks!

I did perform common calibration beforehand so I was a little surprised by the dive and I see I should probably have tested it on higher altitude, luckily it went well anyway, but would it be better to calibrate joystick next time instead of common calibration?

MFD, it is 1.15, but what is "the interface of the motor"? Is it about magnetic fields and interference? Anyway I will double check the AP mounting setting.
Yes it's something about "magnetic fields" of the motor.

Have you trimmed the plane after "Common CAL."?
If so, you need to Calibrate JoyStick again.

We don't recommand to execute "Common CAL." in the field often. First you need to make sure the AP has warmed up, and you need to make sure the plane is not shaking by the wind...etc.
If the plane flies well in MAN and STB mode, only "CAL. JotyStick" should help.
myflydream is offline Find More Posts by myflydream