Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:40 AM
Erik Figueiredo
Brazil, São Paulo
Joined Jun 2013
55 Posts
Discussion
I wanna build my first airplane

Hello,

I'm so sorry if I'm at the wrong place, but this is my first time here, then I got lost between too many threads.

I'm Brazilian, this year I have been travelling in China and I met someone in a public park there, who had a model really cool. He made the RC model by himself. His airplane could fly about 2600 feet, really fast. I got inspired by him, so I'd like to ask here where/how should I start to build my first "toy". Is there any recommendation? Tutorial? Where to buy electrical parts?

Thanks since now,
Erik Figueiredo
assuncao is offline Find More Posts by assuncao
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:16 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,757 Posts
Initially I would recommend the Beginner's Forum, then if you want to build one yourself check out the Scratch Built Foamies Forum for some beginner friendly builds.

Welcome to RC Groups.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:31 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Initially I would recommend the Beginner's Forum, then if you want to build one yourself check out the Scratch Built Foamies Forum for some beginner friendly builds.

Welcome to RC Groups.

Azarr
+1
welcome aboard
regards
Sam
samwei1950 is online now Find More Posts by samwei1950
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:41 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Mar 2013
18 Posts
Look in the EZFly thread, or a Fenix 100 from lazertoyz.com. The EZfly is available from fancyfoam.com as a kit or you can cut it out yourself, whereas the fenix 100 is only available as a kit. Both of those planes are simple ways to get started that are extremely durable and easy to repair. A lot of us source all of our electronics from hobbyking, and most build threads here will have a list of suggested motors/props/etc. For simplicities sake I usually run the E-max 2812 motor, 7x6 props, 20a esc, and the HK 9g servos. It's easy to order enough for 4-5 planes worth and just have them waiting

Isaac

EZFly link

Fenix 100 link
Victrix is offline Find More Posts by Victrix
Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:02 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,176 Posts
Building your plane is one thing, but being able to fly it is also very important.
There are many flight simulators available at all sorts of prices.
Something like this will get you going for very few $ and does the job just fine.
http://dx.com/p/dynam-rc-tech-6-chan...e-mode-2-15580
Practice, practice, practice while you are sorting out your build. You need to educate your thumbs so they know what to do without you telling them. Hold the sim radio the way you will hold it at the field. (not laying on the desk) and if you do build a flyable plane you have an excellent chance of making you first flight a success.
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:59 PM
Erik Figueiredo
Brazil, São Paulo
Joined Jun 2013
55 Posts
Hi guys,

I am really grateful for all answers. I went to the Beginner's Forum and I found the same model I saw in China. I think I will do that one, F-35C.

Regards,
Erik Figueiredo
assuncao is offline Find More Posts by assuncao
Closed Thread