HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2014, 02:03 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
You should have got 3 cables with your camera...

1. Data cable (charge camera and transmit data)
2. Car charger cable (charge and record at same time)
3. AV out cable (used with TV)
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2014, 08:13 PM
Joined Apr 2013
2 Posts
Not recording while charging!!!

Thanks finster,

I only got (Data cable)...

I am connecting it to my computer and trying to record at the same time...!
Also I connected a external battery charger and tried to record but No Go...!

Is there a charger cable that works with a battery pack charger? Has anybody tried?
Any other options out there please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
You should have got 3 cables with your camera...

1. Data cable (charge camera and transmit data)
2. Car charger cable (charge and record at same time)
3. AV out cable (used with TV)
Elzipa is offline Find More Posts by Elzipa
Old May 19, 2014, 05:29 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Elzipa-

You would need the car charger cable from vendor to work with your pc and USB battery pack...
Old May 22, 2014, 05:17 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahl View Post
Also make sure you use the latest firmware. Mine arrived with an older firmware. Really easy to update.
I have two 26's that I've had since summer last year. Not sure which firmware they have, but I'm pretty sure it would be the old one. Do you know what changes were made in the latest version? The setup tool only works with win 7, which I don't have on my pc or laptop so I had to use a friends PC to remove the date stamp. There was no option to turn off auto start on power up. Has that been offered as a change option? And do you know if there's a GUI that works on XP now please? Unless there are important changes that might be useful to me I'm reluctant to mess with it!
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Last edited by bobflyman; May 22, 2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old May 29, 2014, 07:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
I don't have windows 7, Is there a way to edit a text file like the number 16 and put it on the SD card to modify the settings?
john_mg is offline Find More Posts by john_mg
Old May 29, 2014, 02:26 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. It seems like a web or phone app would be better than a setout tool.
theWolfTamer is offline Find More Posts by theWolfTamer
Old May 30, 2014, 03:53 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
bobflyman-

Have you tried the setout tool with xp? we know it works with win 7 but I was told it worked with xp...I don't have xp to try it...Also the last firmware update added was AV out - auto record...

john_mg-

As far as I know there is no other GUI for the #26...It doesn't use a text file like the #16...
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:44 PM
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
i need help, I just got my camera 808 # 26, buy him a memory adata 32 gb class 10 and only records 3 to 5 seconds, and install the firmware and simply does not work, these cameras do not record continuous video? Use the tool settings move several parameters but does the same

thks
guantos is offline Find More Posts by guantos
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guantos View Post
i need help, I just got my camera 808 # 26, buy him a memory adata 32 gb class 10 and only records 3 to 5 seconds, and install the firmware and simply does not work, these cameras do not record continuous video? Use the tool settings move several parameters but does the same

thks
btw I've had other models of this type of camera and had not had problems
guantos is offline Find More Posts by guantos
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:11 AM
Joined Apr 2014
36 Posts
I see an 808 #26 v2 selling on ebay.

Any word on it?
mmahl is offline Find More Posts by mmahl
Old Jun 20, 2014, 02:32 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahl View Post
I see an 808 #26 v2 selling on ebay.

Any word on it?
Functionally, and I believe FW-wise as well, it's identical to the Innovv C1/C2. It's also from the same developer. See my post here.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jun 21, 2014, 04:06 PM
Germany, BW, Freiburg
Joined Apr 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
bobflyman-

Have you tried the setout tool with xp? we know it works with win 7 but I was told it worked with xp...I don't have xp to try it...Also the last firmware update added was AV out - auto record...

john_mg-

As far as I know there is no other GUI for the #26...It doesn't use a text file like the #16...

I tried the Setout tool with Windows XP and it doesn't work.
With Windows VISTA and Windows 7 it works.
HerrMueller is offline Find More Posts by HerrMueller
Old Jun 22, 2014, 09:44 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrMueller View Post
I tried the Setout tool with Windows XP and it doesn't work.
With Windows VISTA and Windows 7 it works.
Thanks for the info...
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
I had a question for any experts, well, 2 questions, while I'm asking.

Main concern, I just noticed, I think it's heat related. As we know, the 808#26 can get very hot. My #26 saves the files in 10 minute increments, and I just noticed, going from the first video in the set to the last video in the set, the video quality degrades throughout each run. After the camera has been off and is cool, the picture quality returns to normal.

The degrading picture quality, I'm not sure if it's the camera's lens/sensor or it's the 1080p processing that is becoming less efficient. In either case, I notice that by the end of the first 10min segment, the color has degraded, it becomes slightly more sephia (reddish/brown). There's more vignetting, the edges become slightly washed out, and the entire picture becomes more grainy, even in the same light.

For the record, the above has nothing to do with the battery, I have the camera plugged into the special (charge + auto-record) cable, so it's on an external power source.

Second concern, is probably with age, but I noticed that the camera seems to freeze/lock-up more and more, particularly when I charge or plug it in. The camera will get hot, like it's recording, but the buttons don't respond. I have to press the reset button to restore functionality and stop the power drain.
Ninety9 is offline Find More Posts by Ninety9