HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2014, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2014
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
Just a guess on my part but I'd say #1 is destined for parts...
Which ones? It might be destined for the salvage pile (trash can).
bill_van is offline Find More Posts by bill_van
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 03:51 PM
Still crashing everything!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_van View Post
Which ones? It might be destined for the salvage pile (trash can).
You kept referring to your good heli as #2, so I'm just guessing that #1 is the problem child. I'd just part it out and fly #2. Use #1 for parts until #2 flys bad. Then you'll know what the bad part is. I supose at that point depending on how many parts are remaining you can decide if you want to try to get #1 to fly again.

You can also try to turn it into a franken heli....
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
Old Jul 30, 2014, 05:25 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_van View Post
OK...... I've replaced tail motors 3 times and PCB twice and still have an issue with the tail holding.

Hovers fine, when you give it hard throttle it spins about 150 degrees counterclockwise. Let off the throttle and it's back to normal. I've been over everything 10 times and can't find anything abnormal. I'm out of ideas. Even compared every piece with my #2 913 and they look the same except #2 does fly correctly.
How about the tail motor connector (burnt or loose) where it connects to the PCB? Or the wires (shorts inside the boom) leading to the tail motor? Soldering directly to the PCB is too hard for me. If you can find a connector that's good, try splicing it in to the wires. If you've already done those things, I'm as lost as you.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:22 PM
Joined Jan 2014
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
How about the tail motor connector (burnt or loose) where it connects to the PCB? Or the wires (shorts inside the boom) leading to the tail motor? Soldering directly to the PCB is too hard for me. If you can find a connector that's good, try splicing it in to the wires. If you've already done those things, I'm as lost as you.
Don
Already..... we're both lost!
Old Yesterday, 03:14 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Matakana
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
913 Flybar

Has anyone here tried lightening the flybar on the V913?
I have lightened it by about 4.5g but it has not made any noticeable difference.
I have carbon fiber tail pipe 15mm longer, and a bigger 2000mAh battery up front, which I can move to alter CoG.
Have some trimmed DH blades to increase head speed, seemed to help, may be I need to trim some more. Have plenty of these to play with.
Wondering how far I should go with lightening the bar. This is about 82% of original weight.
It just seems like a laden bus by comparison to the V912.

My 912 I have the flybar at 84% of original weight and it fly's well at this, though am planing to take a little more off.

Thoughts & ideas welcome as the V913 is not getting much air time lately.
matelec is online now Find More Posts by matelec
Old Yesterday, 03:22 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
448 Posts
Needs flying boats modded servos to get more cyclic movement.....
kiwi_craig is online now Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Matakana
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig View Post
Needs flying boats modded servos to get more cyclic movement.....
I have 120 dialed in on 9XR Tx which I use and at that point there seems to be binding and the servo loading up so not sure this will be a fix.
I have a modded servo available on the shelf waiting for a purpose in life.
If I could just get some positive forward flight as it is hard to get upwind if there is a slight breeze.
matelec is online now Find More Posts by matelec
Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matelec View Post
I have 120 dialed in on 9XR Tx which I use and at that point there seems to be binding and the servo loading up so not sure this will be a fix.
I have a modded servo available on the shelf waiting for a purpose in life.
If I could just get some positive forward flight as it is hard to get upwind if there is a slight breeze.
If you haven't tried any of these to help with FFF, see if any of them help. They have worked for me although I haven't tried them all. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139678
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Joined Jan 2014
176 Posts
This is crazy but I took out 913 #1 for one last flight and it flew perfect! I guess the threat to trash it made her come to her senses! For now at least! Only thing different was the Transmitter! I'll need to take a look and see if the transmitter has been the problem all along. Along with the good news of flying correctly..... I now can apply for a job as a NASCAR tail motor technician as I've gotten so fast it's scary!