HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Help!
Just bought Apprentice RTF, Help Please

I tried searching google and other forums and couldn't seem to find my answer, maybe I'm just wording it poorly though due to my lack of experience with RC planes.

I noticed that there is an AUX female plug in on my plane. I'd like to figure out exactly what accessories I can buy to plug into it, and how to activate it on my remote that came with my apprentice RTF E-Flight.

I was wanting to possibly rig up a small mounting bracket with a motor attached to the aux port enabling me to pivot this bracket from left to right.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks for your responses in advance!
Wicked White is offline Find More Posts by Wicked White
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:36 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,814 Posts
Are you referring to the receiver having an extra port labeled AUX? If that's what you're referring to, you can plug another servo into it, and the switch for the 5th channel on your transmitter (Dx5e, right?) can operate it, but I believe that's just a 2 position switch, so the servo will be all the way one way or the other.

What rx do you have in the plane? Maybe they're coming with something different, but on my RTF Apprentice, I thought the extra port on the rx was labled GEAR. I don't remember which rx mine is.
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k