Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:10 PM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Got my red Mig. No warping, but one of my Z bends on a aileron push rod was broke off. It was just a L bend....I was able to to get some stiff wire and make a new one until I something better. I guess I'll be ordering some CF.
I used a Mini 4 site aileron push rod on my Mig as my control rods were missing from my kit. They worked great.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:49 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,186 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking of getting some just like what's on my Beast. Probably the same ones.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:47 PM
Avionics tech
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2011
2,211 Posts
1st F-86 test flight

Test Flight of F-86 on stock BH 350mah 2S very disapointing, very lethargic. Tried it a few times from a little hill facing the very light breeze. Judging from the vid my wife shot it appears I did launch it correctly but the little ship simply didn't have enough power. Wings remained level and so did the attitude. But she refused to gain altitude. So I'll try it again without the ext. tanks. (don't know why they call them 'missles') Had an aileron break loose post flight as well. Can I just use tape to mend it? Also thinking about ordering a Rhino 3S 610 20C. Good one?
52Sabre is offline Find More Posts by 52Sabre
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:56 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,423 Posts
Yes lethargic is correct until it gets on stop. It's a bit tricky to launch exactly right.
Did you give it a fairly good heave? How heavy is it? I also found my 430mah battery gives me much better performance. The little 350mah that I tried much be suffering from bad voltage sag and the motor just isn't turning as much.
On a size-to-heave ratio, I heave my F-86 the hardest compared to all my other EDFs.
I'd be interested to see the video.
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Aug 01, 2011, 12:40 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,308 Posts
fighting to get all the bits to play well together
get wires in place and room for esc, rx, battery ........
does anyone know if a request for a bag of plane parts
fuse half's wings could be ordered ?
this baby would be so much easier to deal with if the fuse half's
were not joined ... wires could be routed- carving away bits easier .
battery tray and esc placed in air stream without clogging it up

anyway ... special order ? ...crash kit?
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2011, 12:50 AM
Trying to learn.
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2010
181 Posts
Ha, mine didn't flew..
2S, 3S, nose weight adjustment - nothing helped, it just slowly descends..

Pity..
leprud is offline Find More Posts by leprud
Old Aug 01, 2011, 01:51 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,191 Posts
leprud, use better lipo's.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Aug 01, 2011, 02:19 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joined Apr 2004
2,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre View Post
Also thinking about ordering a Rhino 3S 610 20C. Good one?
Just get this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
MegaTesla is offline Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Old Aug 01, 2011, 02:38 AM
Pyrmont, Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2000
260 Posts
I've been flying regularly on 2S in our largish football field. Mine's much easier to appreciate, fly and control on 2S, ok fast. Big grins as it zips past at head height! It won't sustain steep climb for long (ends up in a nasty spin at the top) but I prefer to keep it close and lowish.

To convince myself I took it out again today and tried my 3S 360 pack once more. It screamed, but it was a huge fight trying to stay in control (either too many warps in the airframe or torque factor/ trim changes). It went warp speed all over the place and threatened to go out of range. Might be just the one I got but I'm giving up on the 3S as it's killing my airframe!

I made some small mods which must make a difference. Paper thrust tube def' helped.
-
stock fan
rhino 360 2S 20C and 3S, ZIPPY Flightmax 350mAh 2S 20C
paper thrust tube
strip of aluminium coke can pushrod guides
small steel nose weight 3~4g
AR6300 RX mounted in intake under battery floor
CC Phoenix 10 ESC
no tanks
Tooly is offline Find More Posts by Tooly
Old Aug 01, 2011, 08:48 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre View Post
Had an aileron break loose post flight as well. Can I just use tape to mend it?
I used UHU Por to glue the aileron back on after one of my crashes. Also Welders glue is used for this type of solution. It never fully hardens yet has high strength in holding. I use UHU Por for all my EPP to EPP and foam to foam bonding. I use epoxy and safe CA for motor mounts and mounting control arms and such.

If you do use tape to fix the aileron then use Blenderm. That is the best tape for hinges on foam. Once you use UHU and Blenderm you will always have it in your kit.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Aug 01, 2011, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,186 Posts
So I got everything set up on the AR6300 and my elevator servo barely moves. If you touch it the case is pretty warm/hot so luckily I had a 4g servo I fit in it and everything works now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2011, 03:43 PM
Avionics tech
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2011
2,211 Posts
Just bought a Venom 430 2S 20c pack. It claims a burst of 30c. Will see how that does. With a simple run up in my hand I hear no difference in RPM nor do I feel any difference in thrust. The 350 pack is shorter and twice thicker. The 430 is thinner and longer and at 28.35g seems lighter.

I'll cut up an old floppy for the aileron hinge. Thanks for the tip.

I'll pull the magnets out of the fan hatch and just use double sided tape right? How about a little velcro?

Doing the above, re-balancing and pulling off the ext. tanks should save a bit of weight and improve performance I should think.

I would also try a 3S but at 11.1v vs stock 7.4 I'm scared I'd smoke the little 6A ESC and micro receiver.
52Sabre is offline Find More Posts by 52Sabre
Last edited by 52Sabre; Aug 01, 2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2011, 07:48 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
So I got everything set up on the AR6300 and my elevator servo barely moves. If you touch it the case is pretty warm/hot so luckily I had a 4g servo I fit in it and everything works now.
I had the same problem. I used a 2.2g servo for my elevator but I found that there was a bit too much binding. I switched to a 4.3g servo and it was much better.

However I did change something else when I did that so now I'm not that sure it was necessary. My elevator control rod was intially set at the closest hole but I moved it to the furtherest hole - which gives it better leverage.

This reduces the throw but it's still plenty.
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Aug 01, 2011, 08:49 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,186 Posts
I switched to a 4g eRC servo that I had for the elevator servo.

I had my maiden and everything went fine until I tried a loop and it death spiraled into the ground. There was little damage so I went back up and I was just about to come in to land when the Mig just stalled and death spiraled again, but this time it crashed on the baseball infield that was hard as concrete. The nose is pretty beat up. I thought it was my fault, but this is what I found.

35mm Mig 15 servo (0 min 23 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2011, 11:19 PM
Network Gnome
United States, WI, Dunbar
Joined Jun 2008
59 Posts
Looks like you've got quite a bit of EMI! Is the receiver mounted near the motor at all?
SonicRaT is offline Find More Posts by SonicRaT