HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jan 2014
7 Posts
Careful!
Telemaster Wing Separation

here's a video of a wing separation on a Senior Telemaster.. don't underestimate the number and gauge of rubber bands needed for big, heavy planes!

Telemaster Crash (1 min 14 sec)
tmaude is offline Find More Posts by tmaude
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,559 Posts
If the stills are any indication it looks like he has a couple of rubber bands holding the wing on. I use around 14 to 16 bands for a .40 size plane. 2 or 4 bands wouldn't cut it on any airframe.
bullseye000 is online now Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,875 Posts
Can't tell exactly how many are holding it on, but it doesn't look like he crossed any of them. I always cross the first and last pair, just so one side doesn't slip off. I'd do minimum 16 on that plane though.
ChillPhatCat is online now Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,251 Posts
All 3 pictures show 2 rubber bands installed and the last picture looks like he's hand propping the motor so you'd have to think by then all the rubber band are on!

Even on his little Hobby Zone Super Cub I would use a minimum of 4 and 6 would be better.

Shame such a mistake/oversight cost his a fuselage and possibly motor.
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Today, 08:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
246 Posts
Yikes! On my Kadet Senior, I use five on each side, crisscrossed. A total of 10 bands holding, which may have been what the kit manual recommended.
Lambro is offline Find More Posts by Lambro
Old Today, 11:42 AM
S.F. Bay Area, California, USA
Joined May 2005
638 Posts
That's our field. Posted to You Tube yesterday, maybe I should try and attend the club meeting tonight.
Ken Barnes is online now Find More Posts by Ken Barnes