Old Apr 02, 2014, 03:30 AM
plane destroyer
Spain, Valencia, Elche
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
Help!
EagleTree+Dragon Link RTH problems!

Hi to everyone,

I am flying with Eagletree and Dragon Link and I am suffering from continuous failsafes that make the flight very uncomfortable. Video is in 1.2

I thought first it was a DL problem, but the RSSI is 90-100% all the time, and outside the plane the module works well, without failsafes. So perhaps not.

Can it be my ET setup? I have set a 3+ failsafe channels. Maybe is this incorrect or the problem is with the failsafe programation of the DL, causing the random engagement of the RTH?

Thanks a lot. I am trying for months to "fit" my equipment and it is being a hard job...
skybattle is offline Find More Posts by skybattle
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2014, 04:25 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Using the Dragon Link you should set the ET OSD to use Throttle Failsafe.
Make sure you set your failsafe before you run the Servo Analysis wizard.
Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybattle View Post
Hi to everyone,

I am flying with Eagletree and Dragon Link and I am suffering from continuous failsafes that make the flight very uncomfortable. Video is in 1.2

I thought first it was a DL problem, but the RSSI is 90-100% all the time, and outside the plane the module works well, without failsafes. So perhaps not.

Can it be my ET setup? I have set a 3+ failsafe channels. Maybe is this incorrect or the problem is with the failsafe programation of the DL, causing the random engagement of the RTH?

Thanks a lot. I am trying for months to "fit" my equipment and it is being a hard job...
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Apr 04, 2014, 03:13 AM
plane destroyer
Spain, Valencia, Elche
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
Thanks, Geoff.

I have set only 1 FS channel and tested with EagleTree simulator. It seems to work, and now I can setup the RTH on a switch. Before I couldn't. Maybe that was the problem.

I will test it in flight.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 10:16 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
After you set up the RTH switch on your transmitter, make a mixing so the switch adds about 10% more negative throttle travel, (mix throttle to throttle).
Pull the throttle all the way back, move the switch to RTH position and re-set your Failsafes.

Now move the switch back to normal flight position, (this is important).

Next is to run the ET Servo Analysis wizard. Do not move the switch during the wizard.
All finished.

Now when you fly you can engage RTH by moving throttle to idle and flicking the switch. RTH will turn off if you move the throttle up or turn off the switch.

Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybattle View Post
Thanks, Geoff.

I have set only 1 FS channel and tested with EagleTree simulator. It seems to work, and now I can setup the RTH on a switch. Before I couldn't. Maybe that was the problem.

I will test it in flight.
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Apr 05, 2014, 04:58 PM
plane destroyer
Spain, Valencia, Elche
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
Thanks again, Geoff.

I tried the method you say, but I had problems with my 9XR.

Finally I changed the servo travel to 80% in normal and to 125% in switch and it works.