Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Hey, if it was English beer then it'd STILL taste better than the stuff you guys call beer
Yecch! I can't believe you guys are arguing over something that tastes like bitter soap suds!
AbuSabri is offline Find More Posts by AbuSabri
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I never said people didn't benefit from the programs, I just said they were bankrupt, and they didn't work because they were government programs. Government programs never work. SS was a huge lie to the American people just like ocare is. Same crap different decade.
SS is not a "lie" at all. And again SS is not bankrupt.

http://www.niemanwatchdog.org/index....ckgroundid=628
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
The bottom line for me is I no longer trust our government. I do not trust them to look out for my future, my healthcare or anything else for that matter. And certainly not my money. They are incapable of doing anything right from delivering mail to issuing car license plates so why would I give them money all my life expecting to get it back after they spend it on what ever social entitlement program that gets them the most votes?

Our government is crooked, corrupt and currently being run my the most corrupt man ever to be called president. I do not see any reason to trust them with any part of my life.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Last edited by BE77 Pilot; Oct 10, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
The bottom line for me is I no longer trust our government. I do not trust them to look out for my future, my healthcare or anything else for that matter. And certainly not my money. They are incapable of doing anything right from delivering mail to issuing car license plates so why would I give them money all my life expecting to get it back after they spend it on what ever social entitlement program that gets them the most votes?

Our government is crooked, corrupt and currently being run my the most corrupt man ever to be called president. I do not see any reason to trust them with any part of my life.
Amen brother.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
The math is why Obummer will have his handed to him at all 3 debates... It looks like this...
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:11 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
The math is why Obummer will have his handed to him at all 3 debates... It looks like this...
LOL. That was pretty funny and a good use of pics.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:12 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,591 Posts
Quote:

present government or inclusive of govt's from previous administrations?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:24 AM
Omnipote
Louisville, KY
Joined Apr 2001
665 Posts
You don't trust our government? Really?

Have you been to other countries? Have you seen what they have for infrastructure?

Spend some time in China or India and you will quickly miss our roads, power grids and especially the EPA - yes the EPA. Forget about driving 65mph and limited access highways and expect brown-outs and super expensive electricity. But the pollution is the hardest thing to get used to, it takes weeks to get used to all the pollution. If you stay in Beijing above the 12th floor you will never see the ground.

Did I mention water and sewage? That's another thing you don't miss until you leave America. The line gets blurry between the two. Municipal sewage treatment is a good thing that you take for granted until you are exposed to open sewers being the norm. And the water comes from right where the sewage pours out.

And corruption, oh my goodness, if you think the American government is corrupt you should spend some time in India, Russia and Latin America. Corruption is right in your face there. Almost every public official is fully corrupt and any dealings you have with the government is little more than a bribery shakedown. I have to explain to the Indian and Russian employees of my company that they can't bribe police officers and that it is a major crime to offer them a bribe.

I'm not trying to pick on just China, Russia and India. The same could be said for most countries outside of Canada and Northern Europe - which have huge tax rates and socialized everything.

If you don't trust America, there are plenty of other options for you that have much less regulation. Why don't you give them a try?
stone_axe is offline Find More Posts by stone_axe
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,591 Posts
Great post. We don't really realize how well we have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post

Have you been to other countries? Have you seen what they have for infrastructure?

Spend some time in China or India and you will quickly miss our roads, power grids and especially the EPA - yes the EPA. Forget about driving 65mph and limited access highways and expect brown-outs and super expensive electricity. But the pollution is the hardest thing to get used to, it takes weeks to get used to all the pollution. If you stay in Beijing above the 12th floor you will never see the ground.

Did I mention water and sewage? That's another thing you don't miss until you leave America. The line gets blurry between the two. Municipal sewage treatment is a good thing that you take for granted until you are exposed to open sewers being the norm. And the water comes from right where the sewage pours out.

And corruption, oh my goodness, if you think the American government is corrupt you should spend some time in India, Russia and Latin America. Corruption is right in your face there. Almost every public official is fully corrupt and any dealings you have with the government is little more than a bribery shakedown. I have to explain to the Indian and Russian employees of my company that they can't bribe police officers and that it is a major crime to offer them a bribe.

I'm not trying to pick on just China, Russia and India. The same could be said for most countries outside of Canada and Northern Europe - which have huge tax rates and socialized everything.

If you don't trust America, there are plenty of other options for you that have much less regulation. Why don't you give them a try?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:24 AM
Omnipote
Louisville, KY
Joined Apr 2001
665 Posts
I think Obama was sandbagging and giving Romney enough rope to fuel the next two debates.

Romney's tax and abortion flip-flops are giving Obama more to work with.
stone_axe is offline Find More Posts by stone_axe
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:36 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuSabri View Post
Yecch! I can't believe you guys are arguing over something that tastes like bitter soap suds!
I drink Guiness

It tastes like sweet soap suds
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:54 AM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post

So your ok with reducing the U.S. to the status of other holes around the world? That is about all that this Whitehouse occupant has been up to. Maybe you have not looked at the DoJ lately.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:56 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
So your ok with reducing the U.S. to the status of other holes around the world? That is about all that this Whitehouse occupant has been up to. Maybe you have not looked at the DoJ lately.

You guys - sheesh - get a passport and travel a bit - then you'd understand
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
You guys - sheesh - get a passport and travel a bit - then you'd understand
I traveled a lot, this in the Whitehouse is a cluster of lawlessness, as is the crew he brought with him.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:16 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
FDR is without a doubt the most liberal president we have had in recent history IMO, and to claim Obama is more liberal than FDR is laughable. Obama if anything is trying to preserve what FDR started ie the New Deal and it's work and social programs.
Obama is far more liberal than FDR. FDR was far more corrupt. Now I think that Obama would be proud to have that title too, but the nation learned from FDR and that probably won't happen ever again.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff