HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2014, 04:28 PM
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Oct 2013
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPasty View Post
The 3 screws holding the motor in had come loose and it propelled itself out! The screws where actually stuck to the magnets on the motor lol
Well, at least you didn't lose the screws
JoeInNY is offline Find More Posts by JoeInNY
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2014, 06:34 PM
United States, CA, La Honda
Joined May 2014
87 Posts
FMS T-28 800mm -- which 2-blade prop?

I was going to try a 2-blade prop on my FMS 800mm T-28, but the motor has a small shaft, much smaller than the smallest adapter on an APC prop, for example. What prop works, or how do you adapt one like the APC?
seldredge is online now Find More Posts by seldredge
Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM
United States, NY, West Islip
Joined Apr 2008
241 Posts
I believe you need a 3mm prop shaft adapter. Something like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...FSbl7Aod1jYASQ , or this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXMSG2&P=8
MaximumDeflection is online now Find More Posts by MaximumDeflection
Last edited by MaximumDeflection; Yesterday at 12:33 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM
United States, CA, La Honda
Joined May 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumDeflection View Post
I believe you need a 3mm prop shaft adapter. Something like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...FSbl7Aod1jYASQ , or this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXMSG2&P=8
Thanks. I'd read mention of "collet" something in RC Groups but had no idea what it referred to.
seldredge is online now Find More Posts by seldredge
Old Yesterday, 01:34 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2008
709 Posts
Finally got around to balancing my Glassed P-47..

I flew it a few times and noticed that while it flew, it was prone to some tip stall and needed to be flown faaaast.

I remember saying to myself I need to check the CG.... well I was right. Very Tail heavy...

I managed to get some 10g stick on weights from the tyre store, at 50mm it required 40g

I propped it down on the scales to check the AUW and she's a beastly 576g fully laden.

I'm going to give it another fly now that it's perfectly balanced. Cross fingers it still handles okay. Worst case scenario is flight times are short, of that ends up being the case I'll hollow some foam out and find a suitable batt with an extra 40 grams in it and pull the added weights out.

Edit: I'm not sure why I cant embed OneDrive photo's directly in my RCG posts... used to work fine using embed links from G+ and I cant see any difference in the links.

Just have to manually upload it.
Sed8ed is offline Find More Posts by Sed8ed
Last edited by Sed8ed; Yesterday at 02:46 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Aug 2012
21 Posts
Fixed the motor back in. Drilled out the mount slightly so i could use some larger and longer screws, the original ones are a little pathetic. Glued the mount on aswell. If it comes out this time i will be surprised.

While i was at it i fitted a 30A esc as flying it on 3s. Batteries charged and the weather looks perfect for the morning with sun and only a 2-3mph wind

**Edit**
OK so as predicted no wind this morning so met up early for a fly. AXN, Mini BF109 and Corsair.
Take off was sketchy but apart from that it flew great with the 30A esc. Good landing too with no nose over . Got my flying buddy to fly my AXN with the GoPro on and try to film it. Its not so agile as the little warbirds but was a good effort.

Mini BF109 buzzing AXN Floater with GoPro (6 min 1 sec)

Took her up again and after 3mins i heard that horrible rubbing sound again so i flew her straight in before the motor departed company. Turns out the mount was fine, it was a bearing on the motor that had given up! New 1500kv motor ordered and also new cowling, spinner and prop just in case

CaptainPasty is offline Find More Posts by CaptainPasty
Last edited by CaptainPasty; Today at 11:56 AM.
Old Today, 02:02 PM
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
829 Posts
Note to self:

When you upgrade from a DX7 to a DX 8, and bind the new Tx to the previously reliable Lemon Rx, in a previously pussycat of a warbird (800mm V2 Corsair) be sure you check everything when you set the new radio up.

Specifically, pay attention to which direction the Rx stabilizer is correcting the ailerons. Opposite is bad. Very bad.

Glue is drying...
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI