HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:45 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Discussion
Obama DOH...even his students know he's wrong

To have a supposed degree in Constitutional Law, no less, and be making the kind of statements Obama made is not only appallingly stupid, an embarassment for a position as Chief Executive, but so inane his former student has written a piece on it....

Quote:
Imagine if you picked up your morning paper to read that one of your astronomy professors had publicly questioned whether the earth, in fact, revolves around the sun....
O's degree must be printed on a toilet sheet in crayon if he could make such statements...
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:48 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,272 Posts
Gotta love pencil-whipped degrees.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:58 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Lambert
saying that it would be “unprecedented” and “extraordinary” for the Supreme Court to strike down a law that violates the Constitution is like saying that Kansas City is the capital of Kansas.
The author of the article seems to be mincing words. Obama never said that it would be unprecedented for the SCOTUS to strike down an unconstitutional law. He seems even more caught up with Obama saying that unelected judges would overturn duly constituted and passed law. Obama didn't say that either. Obama said that conservatives have been saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama
I just remind conservative commentators that for years, what we've heard is, the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint, that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a dually constituted and passed law."
What this all boils down to on the part of those who are upset about Obama's comments is lots of flash, and no bang.

Holders letter:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/interact...doj.letter.pdf
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Doing the backtrack and the two step on this one isn't going to work. O's attack on the courts was quite clear. His mouthpiece and water carriers are all doing double time now, but the horse is out and shutting the gate behind it is useless.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:04 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Doing the backtrack and the two step on this one isn't going to work. O's attack on the courts was quite clear. His mouthpiece and water carriers are all doing double time now, but the horse is out and shutting the gate behind it is useless.
Backtracking? He never did that. He clarified what was woefully twisted and miscontrued by the opposition. I've shown that clear bias in the post above.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:06 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
The Obama admin. are supreme experts at rewriting history. Understanding it is not their strong suit apparently but what difference does it make? They can simply keep changing what happened until it is remembered in a fashion to suit their needs.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:18 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Obama Apologist:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
Obama never said that it would be unprecedented for the SCOTUS to strike down an unconstitutional law.
Obama Himself:
Quote:
"I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress,"
There is no time limitation on the word unprecedented, unless we're in for another round of leftist 'use the word but revise the meaning' today.
Last edited by MtnGoat; Apr 05, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:20 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Obama Apologist:

Obama Himself:
Free speach on the internet is killing the progressives. They will do something about it. That and talk radio. How the hell are they going to rewrite history if you people keep bringing up facts? Stop it now!
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:54 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Obama's spokesman just explained it all - the American public is just too stupid to understand Obama, because he was a "professor"! (Actually, he was a "Lecturer".)
Quote:
Carney: What I acknowledged yesterday is that speaking on Monday the president was not clearly understood by some people because he is a law professor, he spoke in shorthand.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...professor.html
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:19 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Oh, that's right. When what I write is not understood by folks with an ideological interest in not understanding it, and in spite of the fact that plenty of other folks have no problem understanding the posts and congratulate me on their clarity, it's my fault for not being clear.

When what Obama, Constitutional Scholar, says, is clearly false from first principles and over two centuries of precedent, he's just being misunderstood and it's all us stoopids who caint see it write. That ther perfesser is sumthin'. I'd bettr let 'im run my life and make bettr choices fur me.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:27 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Obama Apologist:

Obama Himself:

There is no time limitation on the word unprecedented, unless we're in for another round of leftist 'use the word but revise the meaning' today.

The operative term which the former law student used was unconstitutional, not unprecedented. Obama didn't say that striking down an unconstitutional law was unprecedented, as the former law student claimed. But nice try at obfuscation.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:38 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Lol the two step continues..
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:43 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Lol the two step continues..
Yes, and it's all coming from the right. Which of Alinsky's rules is that?
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:48 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
I must say I don't know what's more entertaining, Obama making statements so incredibly wrong or those who will defend him anyway, even a few posts below his actual quote which is 100% wrong.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:52 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
What is most entertaining to me is how far the right will go to twist the opposition's words to fit their agenda.