HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marste881 View Post
Ok ok, Spektrum A3040 Servo is not ok for the Habu.

What servo you advise me, for this model?

7 x HS82 MG + 1 x HS5085MG(for the rudder) It can be ok?
The ones that your wallet will allow you. I have 5085's on all my control surfaces, overkill, but I wanted peace of mind when flying 150 mph. If I did it again I would put Hi-Tec 5087's HV on everything, you then can use a 2 cell LiPo at 7.4V for your RX power with no Regulator without the worry about your servos POOCHING out. These HV servos are really well built with a real well built price!!! People it seems, are moving away from regulators...using LiFe packs at 6.6V with servos rated at 6.0V like I am. No problems and lots of people doing it ....still,its trial and error when going up and beyond the Manufacturer's ratings on your servos...Like I said, " I would buy 5087's HV If I did it again".Good Luck
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
290 Posts
Quote:

This servo combination is what I also have in mind for the Habu.
I'm also looking the Savox SH-0255 all around: same size, higher torque, digital and top bearing support.
whisperdancer is offline Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
Quote:

I love Hitech servo's except the HS82mg very bad centering, use a diff one, go digital and centering will be a non issue
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:18 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Italy, Lombardy, Ostiglia
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post
I'm also looking the Savox SH-0255 all around: same size, higher torque, digital and top bearing support.
7 x HS82 MG + 1 x HS5085MG(for the rudder) .

This setup is recommended by jonathan italian shop (http://www.jonathan.it/aeromodelli/e...32-df-arf.html), is cheap.

But is enough powerful for the Habu?
marste881 is offline Find More Posts by marste881
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
I love Hitech servo's except the HS82mg very bad centering, use a diff one, go digital and centering will be a non issue
Not good.!

If the centering is bed, is not recommended for this plane.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,563 Posts
Quote:
7 x HS82 MG + 1 x HS5085MG(for the rudder) .

This setup is recommended by jonathan italian shop (http://www.jonathan.it/aeromodelli/e...32-df-arf.html), is cheap.

But is enough powerful for the Habu?
We are using 6 ea HS85 and 2 ea HS82MG (rudder and steering) in our Habus. (at 7 1/2 - 8 lb AUW)
Three of them exceed 150 mph (top speed) and fly just fine.
The added precision of digitals is nice if you feel you need it.

Gary
www.effluxrc.com
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:07 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,942 Posts
I posted these here before. Some seem to think that the price is too cheap to risk their $1,000 plus bird on. If you know anything about electronics and open them up you will be instantly convinced.

Just add them to your next order and check them out. They out perform and center better than the ones mentioned above with a ton of torque and are the standard used in one of the universities here. They also match up well with 2s LiFe straight into the RX

The only drawback is that they ar not programmable, which is not so much of an issue if you use a high end TX like an 11x or equivalent.

Budget is not one of my problems but I know good value when I see it, even if it doesn't have a popular brand.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6608
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Nov 2003
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post
I wanted to do that, but finally put 2x HS 5085 on the elev instead of the Savox. The savox are great for the wing, but are too small for "drop in" in the Elev, Plus the 5085 are digi. so you can "sinc" the throws with the hitec box.
vasek is offline Find More Posts by vasek
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:41 PM
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
crow?

I have 120+ flights on my Habu 32 and have been using crow. By that I mean full flaps down, down elevator and up ailerons. This guy I ran into has his wing set up with down ailerons instead and says it works better that way. Can anyone enlighten me on this. I would think it would balloon drastically unless you have a lot of down elevator. thanks, Stephan ps. also have been using the life 6.6v pak and no issues with hs 82mgs all around. no regulator.
stmbike is offline Find More Posts by stmbike
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:39 AM
texas
Joined May 2005
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbike View Post
I have 120+ flights on my Habu 32 and have been using crow. By that I mean full flaps down, down elevator and up ailerons. This guy I ran into has his wing set up with down ailerons instead and says it works better that way. Can anyone enlighten me on this. I would think it would balloon drastically unless you have a lot of down elevator. thanks, Stephan ps. also have been using the life 6.6v pak and no issues with hs 82mgs all around. no regulator.

"has his wing set up with down ailerons instead" thats interesting ...

i saw someone else post on this thread that they use almost 45 degrees of flaps which almost double what the manual indicates, i wonder if ailerons as flaps does the same thing ?

hopefully i will have my habu 32 build done this week and can test it out .

have a great day !
rcfun2005 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun2005
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:48 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
We are using 6 ea HS85 and 2 ea HS82MG (rudder and steering) in our Habus. (at 7 1/2 - 8 lb AUW)
Three of them exceed 150 mph (top speed) and fly just fine.
The added precision of digitals is nice if you feel you need it.

Gary
www.effluxrc.com

Why you don't use a digital servo on the rudder?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,885 Posts
I would not use the aileron as flaperons. I like the crow idea to eliminate the possibility of tip stall. I think the extra flaps are fine, because they start to act as speed brakes.
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:17 AM
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2006
557 Posts
"has his wing set up with down ailerons instead" This is effectively introducing wash-in to the wing. IMHO not good!
172AMD is offline Find More Posts by 172AMD
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:41 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
614 Posts
CONGRATS... to me LOL
Yes, I've read it all in about 2 weeks, all the posts on this thread
I went thru all the commercials, all the BS, all the claims, all the very interesting "subscribed" messages, all the spelling mistakes
I read it like a book, hopping to discover tips for the build and to fly my Habu which is still nicely and safely awaiting its time in the box.
A big thank you to the few contributors who published great tips, this is what saves these forums

Quote:
has his wing set up with down ailerons instead
I remember debating this with Birger on the Sapac L29 forum. Airliners use aileron drop for take-off and/or landing. Simply put, the modified camber of the wing produces a new polar which i.e. delays the stalling of the wing. The result is therefore an increase in lift and/or a lowering of the stall speed (more precisely AOA).
Conclusion, if the aircraft is really prone to tip stalling (bad design) deflecting the ailerons to up will alleviate this. But to lower the approach speed and increase lift, the ailerons would have to be used as flaperons.

My hard surface runway is a 50m (150ft) long and therefore requires precise touchdown at the slowest possible speed. I've used flaperons to great success on other models and will do some testing once the Habu is flying... Until then
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:44 AM
texas
Joined May 2005
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
I think the extra flaps are fine, because they start to act as speed brakes.

so far those in the know ...

so when crossing the line between flaps (say 25 degrees) ,,, and further extending acting like speed brakes (say 45 degrees) ...

does this mean there would be loss of lift at 45 degrees, possably stall problems ?

or lift would stay the same as 25 degree flaps , just more drag thus more braking ?

thanks
rcfun2005 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun2005