HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:43 PM
United States, NC, Dobson
Joined Jan 2007
1,217 Posts
Question
Learning Autos in RFG4

Learning how to auto rotate, on realflight g4, I'm pretty good at regular flying, not quite 3D yet, not to good hovering inverted.

Can you give me some pointers when, at what altitude is the best to start an auto, I mean if your in trouble you cant choose your altitude.

Say the motor quites, how much should I back off the colective, and at what atitude do I need to start applying positive pitch and how much. About 15 feet from the ground?

I been trying in the sim with some sucess, I seem to do better in stunt mode 1, or 2. Bu can manage in normal.

Thanks
RCHSF is offline Find More Posts by RCHSF
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:26 AM
EVOL OT YLF
Weston-s-Mare Uk
Joined Nov 2008
694 Posts
Hi outback, i use Phoenix sim but i guess it's pretty much the same. I tend to give quite alot of negative straight after i flick throttle hold, judging when i need to get back on the positive as i come down. Basically the more negative you input on the way down, the faster your blades will spin giving you alot more lift when you get ready to land. And if coming down inverted, you need to apply positive pitch to keep the blades turning. Ive recently been doing my first real autos, and it's a bit different in real life as the model tends to come down much quiker than the sim. Try giving a whole lot of negative and when your about 5-10ft from the ground apply the positive resonably fast but nice and smooth, it's all practise and understanding how they work, but once you get it you wont be able to stop! I can't, i practise them way to much on the sim when i should work on other thing, but i love them
Dan
dan c is offline Find More Posts by dan c
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:50 PM
United States, NC, Dobson
Joined Jan 2007
1,217 Posts
Yes I know I think I'm getting addicted, need another shot.

Thanks
RCHSF is offline Find More Posts by RCHSF
Old Jan 30, 2009, 03:41 AM
Pirouetting flip master
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2007
645 Posts
i think one important thing in autos is that you need to land the heli on the nose side first regardless of which direction you coming...

this is to prevent you land on the tail which might cause the tail blade to strike on the ground.

if you are coming nose in while doing autos... the last scene would be ur heli nose out... so that your nose side touch down first.

don't know how to elaborate. haha..
lyclyc is offline Find More Posts by lyclyc