SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:03 AM
Sahrens
United States, HI, Kailua-Kona
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
Help!
50cc Yak-54 radio interferance issues

Just looking for any helpful advice or tips. My new (and first ) gasser is a hangar 9 yak-54, 50cc fuji engine electonic ign, all Hi-Tec 625mg servos. I can't seen to get the servo's to stop twitching while the engine is running. I tried twisting the servo leads and used shielded twisted extensions, soldered as many connections as I can to try and fix it. I know it has a resistor type spark plug also.
It starts with the rudder, then every surface twitches, then throttle goes out.
It gets worse and worse as the engine heats up untill the throttle gets twitchy and kills it.
Sahrens is offline Find More Posts by Sahrens
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:29 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,163 Posts
Need more info. Might be helpful to say what frequency your radio is on.
Are you using separate batteries for the receiver and electronic ignition? Is the radio and servo wiring separated as far as possible from the electronic ignition wiring and spark plug leads? Is the throttle push rod (if that is what you are using) made of non-conductive materiel with no metal-to-metal contacts? Do you have any metal to metal contacts anywhere in the plane that can rub together under vibration? The twisting of wires, addition of chokes etc. will do little or nothing to prevent this type of interference.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:35 AM
Sahrens
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
I run 2.4.ghz and yes two batteries. Non conductive throtle rod and I have the wiring separated as much as possible. The worse of it is in the rudder which is a pull/pull setup with metal cables
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:40 AM
Who Dat!
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Sep 2011
650 Posts
If it gets worse as the engine heats up its probably related to the spark plug wire connection. More than likely it gets loose as it heats up.
GeetarJoe is offline Find More Posts by GeetarJoe
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,549 Posts
did you make shure the plug cap was fully seated?
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Mustang 450
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,438 Posts
I had the same problem and found others had problems using the HS 645mg. I replaced mine with HS digital servos and they worked fine.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:34 PM
Sahrens
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
The plug wire and plug have a solid connection, I was worried about the servo's/ tx mode
PCM or PPM, it seems to me that I can't run analog servo's on PPM and that using PPM would leave me open to get this type of interferance.
The model flew 3 times with the spektrum AR7000 rx and a DX7 so i'll go back to that setup and see.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:39 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahrens View Post
The plug wire and plug have a solid connection, I was worried about the servo's/ tx mode
PCM or PPM, it seems to me that I can't run analog servo's on PPM and that using PPM would leave me open to get this type of interferance.
The model flew 3 times with the spektrum AR7000 rx and a DX7 so i'll go back to that setup and see.
Which is it, 2.4GHz or PCM/PPM, the later are not 2.4GHz?
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:54 AM
Sahrens
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
it'a a2.4ghz radio and it can use either a PCM or a PPM modulation to transmit. I think i'll be safer to use the spektum gear that was installed in the plane already and wait till christmas for my DX8 lol.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
Keller, TX
Joined Aug 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
did you make shure the plug cap was fully seated?
+1
RCFVR is offline Find More Posts by RCFVR