SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:59 AM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
417 Posts
The model comes double boxed and in a foam container with pockets for parts, no damage what so ever HK to Aus, some nice upgrades with a removable hatch to get to the EDF units, the pylons are plastic and extend into the inside of the narcells and fan out to form a top canopy--nice and strong, the speed controllers go into pocket's in the belly of the wings so they will have plenty of airflow

The wings look to have two carbon rods inside, one full length at the forward edge and another farther back in the middle, they joint together with 2 short rods, the struts are all alloy with suspension very nice, it all pushed/fitted together well, the detail is very good, wings are painted light grey with a darker gray for corogard and the leading edges are silver, nercelles also have a silver leading edge and on the rear, on a side note the wings are thick enough to add retracts to though pads would have to be added for a base

Only minor thing the top hatch sits a little high at one end ( I know I am picky) but can be easy trimmed to lower it flush, the instruction sheet has full instruction's and lots of pictures, it's very well done

Mr Ming IT IS A WONDERFUL MODEL

Mike
limodune is online now Find More Posts by limodune
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,712 Posts
A kind remind please don't use the T-plus for battery plus,
The amp to drawing is over 50 may melt the T-plug.

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Ming; Oct 06, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
wow, it looks great! mine should arrive in a few days.

what exactly is the "t-plus?"

thanks.........rob
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
766 Posts
Mike!

Are the main wings thick enough to install servoless retract?

Thanks for the unboxing and pics! Very helpful!

Neil
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
417 Posts
Hi Joe

Yes thick enough though foam mounting pad's would have to be added to make the struts sit 90* to the ground, I have done this mod recently to my A320 it's not hard, it's on my to do list also full lighting and larger wheels for grass, I have just put my order in with Callie for decals, I can't wait to get it all together

Mike
limodune is online now Find More Posts by limodune
Last edited by limodune; Oct 03, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
mine arrived today. wow! it's a beauty. should be able to get it built this weekend (and post some pictures).
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:31 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,712 Posts
Kind remain the CG should be 5mm after the wing middle panel line.

Ming Lou
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Hi!
There have to be a German or Swiss distributor! It would be much easier for me to buy one. In the vids above it looks really fast. How does it react in slow flight?

Cheers Konrad
Wing Jockey is offline Find More Posts by Wing Jockey
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,712 Posts
Please just place your order on my website, the shipping we change is very cheap.
I can ship tomorrow if you place order within next 10 hours.

Ming Lou
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:48 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Wing Jockey. Just order direct from Ming. Shipping is very reasonable. I have ordered several planes from him. Ming's service is top notch.
I just got my 777 delivered today. Took just over a week to get here. Thanks Ming. Now just need to find time to put it together. Still working on my number 3 737!
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Last edited by Hawaiian Flyin; Oct 10, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming View Post
Please just place your order on my website, the shipping we change is very cheap.
I can ship tomorrow if you place order within next 10 hours.

Ming Lou
There's one problem which can't be solved: my age .In 4 long months I will turn 18. I can't do nothing at the moment. It's just to annoying for me. I don't like to let my parents sign every small thing.
I will order then.
Few reasons to wait:
Here in Switzerland the winter's on the way. Heavy rainfalls and gusty winds, no flying possible the next months!
When I turn 18, one of the first things i will do is to get Paypal and a creditcard.

Back to topic : do you produce the T7 as long as the 737? I hope you don't do a limited edition as it was announced with the concorde!
When not I will order one in spring!

Greets Konrad
Wing Jockey is offline Find More Posts by Wing Jockey
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
here's a picture of my finished fuselage. should have the rest of the model completed later in the week (a friend is changing out the esc connectors to deans for me).
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Just started to work on mine today. Some sanding & painting. Going to try for a FedEX look. Everything seems to fit good so shouldn't be too hard to put together. Will post pics shortly
Rob. Is that a 1600mm Skyraider in the background?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
no, actually it's the 1100mm durafly skyraider from hobbyking. it's loaded with rotating retracts, lights, and flaps. flys like a dream and is a favorite in the fleet! good luck on the fedex livery. i went for the air france to get a scale look with out painting. hope you post pictures!

rob
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:35 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
I have the 1600mm Raider. Retracts failed after the second flight. Got a new set from PWC-RC. They work better except that one side has a tendency to rotate 90 degrees as soon as I touch down. Tightened the set screw but did it again on the next landing too. I'll figure it out later. Mine flies good too. Never tried the air brakes yet though. Too chicken!
Ran into one snag on the 777 today. When I plugged in the servo on the right elevator the servo arm is not centered. Tried to pull the servo out but it's glued in good. Don't think I can pull it out without breaking something. Thinking of cutting a little away so I can get to the screw and move the arm over a notch. Then some minor body work.