New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old May 21, 2016, 01:05 PM
jamiejig is offline
Find More Posts by jamiejig
Registered User
Joined Nov 2005
76 Posts
Discussion
small stunt plane

hi I am looking for a small stunt plane.for a .8 diesel paw it can be profile or a wing ect plans or idler welcome
jamiejig is offline Find More Posts by jamiejig
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2016, 07:13 AM
JMynes is offline
Find More Posts by JMynes
Registered User
Joined Jan 2015
97 Posts
Not sure how much 'grunt' a .8 diesel PAW has, but here's a possibility:

http://brodak.com/1-2a-pathfinder-kit.html
JMynes is offline Find More Posts by JMynes
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2016, 05:39 PM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Joined Nov 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejig View Post
hi I am looking for a small stunt plane.for a .8 diesel paw it can be profile or a wing ect plans or idler welcome
The Keil Kraft Gazelle is a nice little George Aldridge inspired stunter for smallish diesel engines such as the PAW 80. We had the little PAW in another c/l trainer about the same size and found that it was really a strong powerhouse. I've since built a Gazelle for a Cox 09 Medallion and it flew very well all though it was a bit overpowered. The Gazelle plans are on Hippocket at:

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...t_id=74&page=3
locktite401 is offline Find More Posts by locktite401
Last edited by locktite401; May 23, 2016 at 03:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016, 12:55 PM
jamiejig is offline
Find More Posts by jamiejig
Registered User
Joined Nov 2005
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401 View Post
The Keil Kraft Gazelle is a nice little George Aldridge inspired stunter for smallish diesel engines such as the PAW 80. We had the little PAW in another c/l trainer about the same size and found that it was really a strong powerhouse. I've since built a Gazelle for a Cox 09 Medallion and it flew very well all though it was a bit overpowered. The Gazelle plans are on Hippocket at:

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...t_id=74&page=3
hi down loaded plan from here .http://www.outerzone.co.uk/download_this_plan.asp?ID=92. I have started to build a k/k phantom mite but at 21"span I think it will be over powered so I think I will give this a go what size lines would you recomend
jamiejig is offline Find More Posts by jamiejig
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016, 06:04 PM
Vrated is offline
Find More Posts by Vrated
Registered User
Vrated's Avatar
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,176 Posts
On Half A stuff I always used 24 foot lines, I believe they were Dacron string. Carl Goldberg used to sell handle and lines that work perfect for 1/2A stuff. Lots of fun for sure. On the more powerfull 1/2As like the TD .049 I used 35 foot "Sullivan" brand cable wire lines. Just my old 2 cents.
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2016, 06:56 AM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Joined Nov 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrated View Post
On Half A stuff I always used 24 foot lines, I believe they were Dacron string. Carl Goldberg used to sell handle and lines that work perfect for 1/2A stuff. Lots of fun for sure. On the more powerfull 1/2As like the TD .049 I used 35 foot "Sullivan" brand cable wire lines. Just my old 2 cents.
We used .012" braided steel lines. From observation over the years the dacron didn't seem as effective on a small stunter. probably ok on a trainer.
locktite401 is offline Find More Posts by locktite401
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016, 12:24 PM
PGregory is online now
Find More Posts by PGregory
Now I have to land that thing?
PGregory's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2014
1,181 Posts
1/2a Mirage

I've had this model in mind for a future build:
1/2a Mirage

http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2453

I have kept an eye out for a Cox Hyper Viper on eBay but they demand such a high price I will be happy building something like the 1/2A Mirage.
PGregory is online now Find More Posts by PGregory
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 01, 2016, 09:51 AM
Bob Mears is offline
Find More Posts by Bob Mears
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Bob Mears's Avatar
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Dec 2011
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejig View Post
hi I am looking for a small stunt plane.for a .8 diesel paw it can be profile or a wing ect plans or idler welcome
Did you find you an airplane yet?
Bob Mears is offline Find More Posts by Bob Mears
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 01, 2016, 10:39 PM
PGregory is online now
Find More Posts by PGregory
Now I have to land that thing?
PGregory's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2014
1,181 Posts
Look at http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4787
1/2A Envoy, MAN Aug 1964
PGregory is online now Find More Posts by PGregory
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2016, 02:18 AM
akihirodanjo is offline
Find More Posts by akihirodanjo
Registered User
Japan
Joined Jan 2013
10 Posts
This must be much easier than building a 1/2A Pathfinder.
http://brodak.com/control-line-kits/...-2a-stork.html
akihirodanjo is offline Find More Posts by akihirodanjo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2016, 05:43 AM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Joined Nov 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akihirodanjo View Post
This must be much easier than building a 1/2A Pathfinder.
http://brodak.com/control-line-kits/...-2a-stork.html
Nice looking model. I wonder how it flies with the Brodak mk2 049? I have one unrun NIB because a mate (who brought two back from Brodaks in the US) had run his and described it as pathetic.

One the other hand the model would suit the PAW 80 very well.
locktite401 is offline Find More Posts by locktite401
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2016, 08:04 AM
badbill is offline
Find More Posts by badbill
Habitual Freeloader
badbill's Avatar
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401 View Post
Nice looking model. I wonder how it flies with the Brodak mk2 049? I have one unrun NIB because a mate (who brought two back from Brodaks in the US) had run his and described it as pathetic.
One the other hand the model would suit the PAW 80 very well.
A friend bought one. I consider the "pathetic" comment very generous. It wouldn't pull a greasy string from a gooses posterior.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2016, 09:53 AM
aspeed is offline
Find More Posts by aspeed
Registered User
Canada, ON, Cottam
Joined Jan 2012
2,345 Posts
Do you think the Brodak .049 is less power than say, a Cox reedy? Why would you want a greasy string when it has been there? I have not really had a 1/2A stunt plane that I really thought was worthy of the effort. A .15 maybe.
aspeed is offline Find More Posts by aspeed
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2016, 08:53 PM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Joined Nov 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
A friend bought one. I consider the "pathetic" comment very generous. It wouldn't pull a greasy string from a gooses posterior.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
The Brodak 049 might make a nice sport freeflight engine then.
locktite401 is offline Find More Posts by locktite401
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2016, 08:14 AM
badbill is offline
Find More Posts by badbill
Habitual Freeloader
badbill's Avatar
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401 View Post
The Brodak 049 might make a nice sport freeflight engine then.
Probably would. It is not excessively heavy, and seemed pretty good on fuel. He had his on a Lil Jumping Bean, and it would barely fly it. A multitude of props were tried, and it was still marginal. He switched to a Medallion .049 and the plane flies great now, 40' .008 lines.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Cargo or Stunt Plane ? Not Bad, C27 Chophop Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Apr 20, 2016 08:10 AM
For Sale Small set of retracts for small planes mdtang Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Jan 10, 2016 05:16 PM
Sold TechOne Extra 330 Plane - 35.4in Wingspan - 4CH Stunt (Local Pickup Only) finguz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Dec 31, 2015 12:11 AM