Old Oct 02, 2015, 03:40 AM
Find More Posts by pajlotmato
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
802 Posts
Build Log
MS-1 Siris / big depron-foam scratchbuild delta EDF 90mm

Hello jet pilots,

I started build of my completely own design delta jet powered by EDF 90mm made from 4mm depron, extrude white foam 11mm boards custom made from 22mm board cutted on two halfs and some wood as balsa and plywood. I made precise plan in 2D AutoCAD 2009 and printed it by IMSI TurboCAD viewer. I wanted little bit bigger model as FLY FLY HOBBY MIRAGE so I increased parameter and now it is very nice size. Model has "open duct" so it means that all air which enter inside to the fuselage has to be sucked just by EDF with custom made balsa intake intake lip and there is no typical duct channel as usuall in edf jets. It is simple solution and build is much faster. I share few pics which I inspired by and found here in rcgroups forums. First idea was when I saw similar picture of the depron edf delta (look picture one) here in some rcgroups thread. I also highly inspired by this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1739974 and finally decided to build my own but with different build technique of the fuselage. As power setup I used my highly modified (http://www.rcportal.sk/zachranene-dmychadlo-g2362) and very precise ballanced cheap 11 blade edf from viperjet but I bought this motor: http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...&search=1450kv . It works very well with hobbyking YEP 100A ESC and GENS ACE 6s 5500 mAh 55C lipos. There are together 4 servos, 2 x Hextronik MG-16 on elevons, 1 x 12g MG servo on steering front leg and 1 x 9g MG servo on rudder. All by 5A external HOBBYWING BEC. The worst work is fit the canopy and cockpit from my older jet with fuselage for smooth lines so it will keep still some time to get this bird in the air. I really can´t wait to see it fly. In final after maiden flight it will BLUE ANGELS custom camouflage...

Wingspann: 1110mm
Length: 1560mm
RTF weight: I hope no more than 4kg.
pajlotmato is offline Find More Posts by pajlotmato
Last edited by pajlotmato; Oct 26, 2015 at 04:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2015, 07:10 AM
Find More Posts by Dirty Dee
United States, IL, Northbrook
Joined Sep 2011
802 Posts
Talk about hitting the ground running with the first 2 posts!

Looks great!
Dirty Dee is offline Find More Posts by Dirty Dee
Old Oct 02, 2015, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
9,268 Posts
Nice work. looks like a fun project
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Oct 02, 2015, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by Hover or die
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
811 Posts
great work.....
is this your first scratchbuild?
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Oct 04, 2015, 05:30 AM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
802 Posts
Thanks to all,

no it is not my first project, I usually try to build my own models so I buy arf kits just somethimes, build your own is more funny than fly with it
Old Oct 06, 2015, 01:35 PM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
802 Posts
I fitted canopy yesterday evening, I just have to make lock system and can glued it with cockpit plate. I am so glad that there stayed plenty of space for really big battery under the canopy so I will probably buy big 6s 5800 mAh lipo pack for longer flight times. I also made a hole into the first fuselage bulkhead for flowing of cooling air which will be enter by hole on the bottom of nose. I made it similar several times and it is really effective system...
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:54 AM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
802 Posts
Some slight progress of passed weekend. It is really long way to get smooth surface...
Old Oct 28, 2015, 02:30 AM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
802 Posts
So I little stepped with the build. I started laminating bottom of the fuselage, elevons and rudder. I use PU finish made by JEPE. It's a very good thing and work with it is much faster than with traditional epoxy. Model already looks very good, looking forward to how it will fly, if at all Still has not decide what to do with color scheme, I originally had planned to classic BLUE ANGELS with some cutted stickers, but I also like the variety of agressors camouflages so I can not decide...Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Last edited by pajlotmato; Oct 28, 2015 at 02:42 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2015, 01:55 PM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
802 Posts
So I glued canards but I have to say that It was really funny to measure and cut hole for right angle I hope no more again this type of work...I started to sand upper side of the fuselage to get rounded shape, it looks very good, better as my ideas when I designed it in AutoCAD
Old Nov 03, 2015, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by aqkhana2002
Australia, NSW, Plumpton
Joined Jan 2008
446 Posts
That is awesome....
aqkhana2002 is offline Find More Posts by aqkhana2002
Old Nov 03, 2015, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by Fasciman
Banská Bystrica, Slovakia, European Union
Joined Apr 2009
109 Posts
Awesome. But are you sure that the CG point is located right between the main undercarriage wheels and the nose wheel ? I would place the main landing gear more to the aft.
Fasciman is offline Find More Posts by Fasciman
Last edited by Fasciman; Nov 05, 2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2015, 11:02 AM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasciman View Post
Awesome. But are you sure that the CG point is located right between the main undercarriage wheels and the nose wheel ? I would place the main landing gear more to the aft.
So I calculated CG again with new software and compare with my own result. It is located very well and line of the main landing gear is behind CG for sure. I will see on maiden flight
Old Nov 06, 2015, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by 4stripes
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
5,952 Posts
Very nice design!
Good lines.
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
Old Nov 06, 2015, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by AirX
EDF rules... :)
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Nov 1999
14,016 Posts
Paj, I use that software o figure my cg on my planes too. I have had great results from it.

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Last edited by AirX; Nov 06, 2015 at 07:05 PM.