New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2015, 06:06 AM
Find More Posts by Cornbird
Joined Jan 2006
32 Posts
Discussion
New Hobby King Tx Module....

This is what we received as new. The chip capacitor at the center of the board has been quite effectively shorted by the blob of solder below it. Someone 'had their way' with this then sent it back to HK - only explanation.... Also check the three chip capacitors at the upper right - the top one seems to be gone leaving only the solder........ We'll see what HK does..
Cornbird is offline Find More Posts by Cornbird
Last edited by Cornbird; Apr 11, 2015 at 06:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2015, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,930 Posts
If this is how you received it and i'm not doubting you at all,then i can't see any problem with HK replacing it,you might want to try and send Rob a PM over on the HKCSNYC thread,he's normally really helpful.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Apr 13, 2015, 03:02 PM
Joined Jan 2006
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
If this is how you received it and i'm not doubting you at all,then i can't see any problem with HK replacing it,you might want to try and send Rob a PM over on the HKCSNYC thread,he's normally really helpful.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
Thanks, It has been returned. We believe it was a mix-up with a returned item but it certainly looked new - at least a new and shiny piece of heat shrink was on it covering up this mess... It was disheartening and inconvenient.....but we 'gotta' have faith that HK will fix this and they have no reason not to.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 03:13 PM
Joined Jan 2006
32 Posts
Still nothing from HK..... Now at this point we have been taken to the cleaners for real. I'm out the money and the junk transmitter module!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 02:47 PM
Joined Jan 2006
32 Posts
PayPal interceded and returned the money in full.... Said they agreed with us and that: "Due to the unique circumstances of this case, PayPal is issuing you this refund at no cost to your seller..." Looks like PayPal is taking it on the chin for HK's dubious deed. Which one knows the butter side of the bread and who does the buttering!

Thanks, CB