Old Jun 10, 2015, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by wrong17
wrong17
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2009
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Have you tried Assistant v1.8? I have updated my S900, A2, Lightbridge, Zen for GH4. It went fine.
I tried many combinations. Going from:
1.4 to 1.6.
1.3.to 1.6
1.4 to 1.8

That is just for the LED. Then tried different comb of LED firmware with IMU/FC firmware. Still no luck.
wrong17 is online now Find More Posts by wrong17
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2015, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,630 Posts
Lucky me, I buy an IPAD and use it in the field once, then update the A2 and the IPAD assistant 1.1.24 stops working. Any idea when the app will be updated?
Supreme Balloon is offline Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
Old Jun 12, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by wrong17
wrong17
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2009
503 Posts
Update to my GPS Pro Plus upgrade problems. My supplier was kind enough to send me a 2nd GPS module with a return address label so I did not have to wait to send the defective one back.

I guess I got an defective Pro Plus GPS because I plugged the replacement GPS in and it work!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

And I have to say, Atalanta Hobby has excellent customer service and very knowledgeable tech supports!

One last thing..... I did not listen to the Warning about disabling the motors when using the DJI Assistant. This was the first time my motors started spinning on its own when I plugged in the USB. This only happened when I was changing from one assistant version to another. So I chipped 2 of my folding props. My warning to you people out there, it is possible that the motor start spinning on its own.
wrong17 is online now Find More Posts by wrong17
Last edited by wrong17; Jun 12, 2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 04:53 PM
Find More Posts by damefly
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Feb 2014
440 Posts
Hey everyone i just purchased a new A2&Mark2 combo for $725!! i currently have a wookong-m on my Gryphon-X8 and the altitude drop issue that most people have with X8s i have not experienced..has this problem been fixed on the A2?
damefly is online now Find More Posts by damefly
Old Jun 16, 2015, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damefly View Post
Hey everyone i just purchased a new A2&Mark2 combo for $725!! i currently have a wookong-m on my Gryphon-X8 and the altitude drop issue that most people have with X8s i have not experienced..has this problem been fixed on the A2?
Unfortunately some users are still seeing it to a lesser or greater degree.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P3 Test and Review
Old Jun 16, 2015, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong17 View Post
Update to my GPS Pro Plus upgrade problems. My supplier was kind enough to send me a 2nd GPS module with a return address label so I did not have to wait to send the defective one back.

I guess I got an defective Pro Plus GPS because I plugged the replacement GPS in and it work!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

And I have to say, Atalanta Hobby has excellent customer service and very knowledgeable tech supports!

One last thing..... I did not listen to the Warning about disabling the motors when using the DJI Assistant. This was the first time my motors started spinning on its own when I plugged in the USB. This only happened when I was changing from one assistant version to another. So I chipped 2 of my folding props. My warning to you people out there, it is possible that the motor start spinning on its own.
That was an issue with v2.5 which was pulled when this was reported. It was corrected and rereleased.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P3 Test and Review
Old Jun 25, 2015, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,871 Posts
Hi Guys,

We have a weird issue with a new A2 on an S900 and I am hoping you can help.

I have installed it (like so many others) and updated all firmware etc.
Compass Calibration worked fine.
First test flight went fine - all good. Craft is responding nicely.
Configured HomeLock switch and went to test - that's where this issue started.

So I have confirmed the LED that we are getting a homelock. Purple lights all indicate HL position is set etc. We get the lights to advise that we are within 8m of the Home Point all good.

We flick to HL, and then when we pull back on the ELE stick, the craft violently pitches in the opposite direction!! It's not even gently like it would be if Home Point was somewhere else. It's really aggressive.

I have checked all settings. No Cruise is on. No POI is on. JUST Homelock.

I checked my Futaba radio, and it's all working perfectly, so no reversing channels or anything like that.

Any other ideas??
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by jcapie
United States, NY, Babylon
Joined Sep 2014
88 Posts
no bluetooth module LED-BT-I

LED-BT-I
Has anyone flown an A2 with the LED-BT-I module disconnected? Aside from the obvious , no led indicators for status and no usb or Bluetooth communications, I believe it does not serve any other purpose? Will it throw any trouble codes that will cause flight issues? I need a canbus port, I have a hub on the way but looks like it wont arrive in time so a temporary fix would be take the LED-BT-I module out.

Ed or Blade ever done this?
jcapie is offline Find More Posts by jcapie
Old Jun 29, 2015, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by jcapie
United States, NY, Babylon
Joined Sep 2014
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcapie View Post
LED-BT-I
Has anyone flown an A2 with the LED-BT-I module disconnected? Aside from the obvious , no led indicators for status and no usb or Bluetooth communications, I believe it does not serve any other purpose? Will it throw any trouble codes that will cause flight issues? I need a canbus port, I have a hub on the way but looks like it wont arrive in time so a temporary fix would be take the LED-BT-I module out.

Ed or Blade ever done this?
Follow up, it flew fine no issues at all
jcapie is offline Find More Posts by jcapie
Old Jun 29, 2015, 07:01 AM
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Feb 2014
440 Posts
Here goes my A2 setup on a F450 for testing all good so far!!
Old Jul 02, 2015, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by MagnumRC
Joined Jul 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damefly View Post
Here goes my A2 setup on a F450 for testing all good so far!!
Nice Aerial Mob arms... Looks good, when are you going to maiden it?
MagnumRC is offline Find More Posts by MagnumRC
Old Jul 02, 2015, 03:07 AM
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Feb 2014
440 Posts
I have already..excellent setup stability wise but i threw the naza v2 back on it because the A2 was over kill for the inexpensive frame. Im on to making a Navio+(pixhawk) Raspberry pi 2 B+ powered quad/x8 .. OSD/Vtx/Tx-Rx will be be controlled over 4g LTE/Wifi network via surface pro computer/ground station..battery is now gonna be my limit lol i may just make a super(Pi-Cluster)computer/ground station out of 5x-10x RP-Pi 2 B+'s and start a mini swarm project

Check the Navio+ out tho..
http://www.emlid.com/navio-plus/

No longer will they call them toys. lol
Last edited by damefly; Jul 02, 2015 at 03:37 AM.