Anthony gm is offline Find More Posts by Anthony gm
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2015, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
778 Posts
I have a question about moving up to 4s,i cant seem to wrap my head around this,been using the osd pro elogger4 for couple yrs on 3s,but now i am switching to 4s and long story short in manual it says must run y cable from rx open channel to throttle on elogger as backup power,i just dont get it,im mean yea its good to have backup power but why not on 3s also,since the elogger is getting power direct from the 3s or 4s why backup with higher voltage.i already run a CC bec right off the batt in front of the elogger to the rx so that will always be fed even if the elogger fails,,another thing is why the y cable where does the other end plug in,can i just run a regular 3 pin servo cable,from the rx to the logger if i need this at all,
if someone can explain this in simple terms for a simple mind LOL it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old May 27, 2015, 07:09 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
778 Posts
Well i found my answer to my question digging threw the Thread.this is from Billpa @ eagletree answering a similar question
----aoq, at 4S you may not need the battery backup at all. However, it doesn't hurt. If you have a spare slot on your receiver, you can just use a male to male between your receiver and the eLogger's throtte input. Or, if there is not a spare slot, you can use the Y cable to connect from any receiver channel to the eLogger, and the female end of the Y cable can then accept the servo connector you had to remove from the receiver. Let me know if that does not clear it up.----

but i still wonder why they recommend having a backup at all on 4s and not 3s,no matter ill throw a 3 pin cable on there and be done with it,
guess this thread is done since vector come out,LOL somehow i feel like im in a big room talking to myself LOL

Adios Ron
Old May 27, 2015, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by Fast Guy
Canada, ON, Thunder Bay District
Joined Apr 2007
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440 View Post
Well i found my answer to my question digging threw the Thread.this is from Billpa @ eagletree answering a similar question
----aoq, at 4S you may not need the battery backup at all. However, it doesn't hurt. If you have a spare slot on your receiver, you can just use a male to male between your receiver and the eLogger's throtte input. Or, if there is not a spare slot, you can use the Y cable to connect from any receiver channel to the eLogger, and the female end of the Y cable can then accept the servo connector you had to remove from the receiver. Let me know if that does not clear it up.----

but i still wonder why they recommend having a backup at all on 4s and not 3s,no matter ill throw a 3 pin cable on there and be done with it,
guess this thread is done since vector come out,LOL somehow i feel like im in a big room talking to myself LOL

Adios Ron
Hey you're not alone. I'm still using the OSD Pro and in no rush to switch over to the Vector. All my stuff is still fixed wing. When moving up to 4s or higher the voltage regulator has a much bigger task stepping the voltage down. This can cause it to overheat and shut down for a brief period which wouldn't be good. The battery backup would keep things going through this period. I use a separate video transmitter battery and power a BEC for backup power from there. I'm running 6s for motor power.
Fast Guy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Guy
Old May 27, 2015, 09:51 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Guy View Post
Hey you're not alone. I'm still using the OSD Pro and in no rush to switch over to the Vector. All my stuff is still fixed wing. When moving up to 4s or higher the voltage regulator has a much bigger task stepping the voltage down. This can cause it to overheat and shut down for a brief period which wouldn't be good. The battery backup would keep things going through this period. I use a separate video transmitter battery and power a BEC for backup power from there. I'm running 6s for motor power.
Hey Fastguy

Thanks for the response and simple answer, makes perfect sense now,ill just add another male to male wire in there, im also in no rush for the Vector since all i am using it also for is fixed wing ,i built a skyhunter and was flipping the osd pro in there and will be on 4s. I never saw this thread so dead,i could not believe it was over a month since the last post,i thought everyone ran to the Vector thread and abandoned ship,.LOL good to know others are still here,since everyone is jumping to the Vector i might pick up another one of these,i see them being dumped pretty cheap,

Thanks Ron
Old May 28, 2015, 05:27 AM
Find More Posts by Fast Guy
Canada, ON, Thunder Bay District
Joined Apr 2007
779 Posts
With well over 100 FPV flights now I have found the OSD Pro to be very reliable and trouble free. RTH saved my butt a few times too. I found the baro altitude sensor a must though. GPS altitude is only accurate 80% of the time and can be wildly out.
Fast Guy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Guy
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by Mikel32
Joined Jul 2010
95 Posts
Hi everyone!!
Billpa, John; I have two Osd pro and a Vector. The osd pro always worked perfectly for me, and Vector is improving every day: is a joy to fly with his wonderful OSD , and you can configure everything from the radio...

These are characteristics that , logically , can not add to the classic OSD Pro, but one Vector´s feature that I really like is the distance accumulated data, which it is not available on the OSD Pro...

How hard could it add that data into a new version of the OSD Pro ?
It would be a plus for those who have spent years using the OSD Pro .

Thanks!
Mikel32 is offline Find More Posts by Mikel32
Old Jul 20, 2015, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by rcimports
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,651 Posts
++ On that feature! I actually asked that about 10 posts back
rcimports is online now Find More Posts by rcimports