New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2015, 02:07 PM
Find More Posts by buywoodcrafts
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Discussion
Need help binding Blade 120 SR to a DX6.

First up, hello to everyone this is my first post and its a request for help'

Im having problems binding my new DX6 to a Blade 120 SR.
I've added a new model and done the bind via the menu i've also tried holding the button and turning the transmitter on and then selecting bind but no luck, i just get "Bind Failed" i've also downloaded a model file and loaded it via sd card but no luck.

I have a DX6i that i bind to the SR no problem, so not sure why the DX6 only wants to say "Bind Failed"

Any help appreciated.
buywoodcrafts is offline Find More Posts by buywoodcrafts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2015, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,482 Posts
hello, not sure if you've tried these specific suggestions, but it might be worth a try...
1. make sure the throttle trim is set to minimum on your Dx6
2. as the 120 has been used with your Dx6i, treat it as a new heli, i.e. power the heli first, then turn on the Dx6 in bind mode.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Jul 15, 2015, 05:54 AM
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Thanks for your reply momo,
I've done the above and also taken the heli outside away from any interference but same "Bind Failed" so im now at the stage where i believe the transmitter to be faulty.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:29 PM
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Ok i have the reason for this now and thought i would share this info with anyone else in the same situation as me.

This is why my DX6 will not work on my blade 120sr and or my blade 400 3d.

"DSM2 which are no longer supported with any new Spektrum radio which have DSMX modulation only, this is due to the new EU legislation which has been in effect since 15th of Jan 2015 this can be confirmed by Horizon Hobby UK or check the link http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/....asp?th=103168 "

Hope this helps any newbie like me.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,482 Posts
Good detective work.
So they released a DSMX only version, but kept quiet about it.
If you look at the Horizon (US) product page, it still states that it is DSM2 backward compatible, but if you download the manual (which has been partly updated) it states the following on p10 ....

Please note that this transmitter no longer supports DSM2 modulation and can only be used with receivers and hardware that support DSMX. Please disregard any content in the included manual that references changing the modulation to DSM2.
Additionally, this transmitter no longer supports 11ms Frame Rates. Please disregard the instructions in the included manual for changing the Frame Rate. 22ms is the only available Frame Rate.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 04:32 PM
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Good detective work.
So they released a DSMX only version, but kept quiet about it.
If you look at the Horizon (US) product page, it still states that it is DSM2 backward compatible, but if you download the manual (which has been partly updated) it states the following on p10 ....

Please note that this transmitter no longer supports DSM2 modulation and can only be used with receivers and hardware that support DSMX. Please disregard any content in the included manual that references changing the modulation to DSM2.
Additionally, this transmitter no longer supports 11ms Frame Rates. Please disregard the instructions in the included manual for changing the Frame Rate. 22ms is the only available Frame Rate.
This is for EU countries only, as far as i am aware, and as im in England im in the EU regulations so im returning this new transmitter and getting one pre jan 2015 before the EU regulations. and i should be fine then.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,482 Posts
hmmm... if it only applies to EU region, then it really should specify that in the manual I downloaded, which came from the US product page.
It only makes a blanket statement. Should be the same manual as is packed with US region DX6's.
So, I took what it says as applying to all currently manufactured units.
All the more reason they need to clarify so that buyers from all regions know exactly what they are getting.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:04 AM
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Yes i agree, They need to make this clearer.
From what i can understand it seems DSM2 could not meet EU regulations so Spektrum dropped it from their sets so they could still sell into the European market.

So when i see a "for sale" advert saying something like " DX6 DMSX transmitter only" i need to remember it meens "DMSX only" and not just "Transmitter only"

I learned the hard way and will loose out money returning this devise for a replacement pre jan 2015.

Happy days ahead tho as the ebay supplier is very understanding and just wants me to sent it back and he will send out another one, So i got away with paying post just one way
Old Jul 16, 2015, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,482 Posts
An understanding and helpful ebay vendor, that was fortunate.
Pleased to hear it will work out without any more frustration.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 08:19 AM
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
An understanding and helpful ebay vendor, that was fortunate.
Pleased to hear it will work out without any more frustration.
Thanks momo
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:41 PM
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Ok guy's just got my DX6 replacement and i bind the 120 sr just like that, easy peasy, This new DX6 looks no different in any way to the one i sent back except it has "frame rate" in the menu.

Im happy chappy now and will continue my heli practice

Kind Regards
Simon