New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2014, 03:57 AM
Find More Posts by danil mahendra
Joined Jun 2013
7 Posts
I did calibrated all sensor by multiwii config 2.3, I arm the stick and see in GUI, all motor indicate the same value = 1000, I push the stick throttle 1 level D2, D3 D5 and D6 first time as the same indicate 1150, sfter that D6 always increase the power until 1250, and D5 as follow increase the power to. Any Solution again
danil mahendra is offline Find More Posts by danil mahendra
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2014, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by flarssen
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danil mahendra View Post
I arm the stick and see in GUI, all motor indicate the same value = 1000, I push the stick throttle 1 level D2, D3 D5 and D6 first time as the same indicate 1150, sfter that D6 always increase the power until 1250, and D5 as follow increase the power to.
You didn't answer if this is also the case without any mode, like Level or Angle, switched on.
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Dec 08, 2014, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by danil mahendra
Joined Jun 2013
7 Posts
D6 spin faster

Ok Fred, I did to calibrate the sensor as follows as your suggestion, but result D6 always spin faster then other, http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/im...s/confused.gif, Did you ever try Red HK mtw Pro to build quadcopter ? its hard to me to fix it, could you share more fred... thank you

Dida
danil mahendra is offline Find More Posts by danil mahendra
Old Dec 08, 2014, 01:10 PM
Find More Posts by flarssen
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danil mahendra View Post
Ok Fred, I did to calibrate the sensor as follows as your suggestion, but result D6 always spin faster then other, http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/im...s/confused.gif, Did you ever try Red HK mtw Pro to build quadcopter ? its hard to me to fix it, could you share more fred... thank you

Dida
I have it in a hexacopter. I haven't changed any PID-settings. Still not sure how yours behave without any modes that uses ACC sensor. Does the motor outputs react correctly if you tilt the quad by hand?
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by dwroberts66
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined May 2014
25 Posts
Does it matter which way the gps board is turned when mounted? The FC usually has a direction to be mounted on craft and was wondering about the gps for the mwc
dwroberts66 is offline Find More Posts by dwroberts66
Old Dec 28, 2014, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwroberts66 View Post
Does it matter which way the gps board is turned when mounted? The FC usually has a direction to be mounted on craft and was wondering about the gps for the mwc
unless you use the on board mag present in some gps module ... direction does not play any role
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Dec 31, 2014, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by dwroberts66
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined May 2014
25 Posts
thanks e_lm_70
dwroberts66 is offline Find More Posts by dwroberts66
Old Apr 09, 2015, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by TommyCro
Joined Jan 2014
15 Posts
Guys,
I made my first Quad, Turnigy Talon V2.0, 390 KV motors, 15.5" props, 4x25A QBrain ESC, extended 320mm arms, ... And 4S 5.000 mAh battery.

I didn't expect easy flying from first.

But as well I'm stuck into what to do?

Quad is way to responsive, it is for my taste too fast, to quick reactions, to quick returning in Horizon and Angle mode.

In ACRO mode I can fly pretty good, lifting off seems bit odd, and offset, .. after I take off, I can make it fly steady and easy, but to responsive, means little move on the stick is big move of the Quad.

if I run and Horizon or Angle mode Quad drifts a way, without rotation.

Btw while I mention rotation, I tried to rotate it, with HEADFREE mode on, but it doesn't work, I had panic attack, but was above field, so I lift it up very high and tried to find right position for front-back, left right, didn't manage it, so I returned it with weird stick positions, ...

Why HEADFREE didn't work.

I think, but didn't tried it Today, but FAILSAFE is not working either. At least I think so, it is turned on in config.h, but nothing happens if I turn OFF my radio.

I'm stuck with PID settings, waiting for Bluetooth so I don't have to land change and take off again.

I would love to have smooth movements, for video and photography. I did change in WinGUI EXP for Roll/Pitch, but not sure should I change it on the Radio.

I read so many things that I'm so confused and not sure what to do next, ... what is best start for testing... ESC is calibrated, ACC calibrated, ...

What about TRIMing, how to trim it in ACRO mode, when I take off I have to move sticks all around before I calm it down, .. can I trim it in Angle or Horizon modes?

I didn't test Baro Today, problem I have is iA6 radio controller, only 6 channels, which is way too little for all modes and controls ..

I know I have many questions, .. but if there is somebody that can help?
I run 2.3, with stock GPS, covered BARO with black foam that I had in motor cases...

As said I managed to fly pretty high today, and steady in ACRO mode, but moving left and right is quirky would like it to move smooth.

Thanks.
TommyCro is offline Find More Posts by TommyCro
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:48 PM
Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Wife sponsored
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
1,090 Posts
@ TommyCro,

Just to make sure I understand, this is the first quad you've ever had, or your first build?!

Do you have dual rates setup in your transmitter? I would set that up right away, if you only have a spare 2-position switches I'd suggest low being ~55 and high being 90%, if you have a spare 3-pos set it up as low=50, mid=65-70 and high=90-100.
This is different than changing modes on the FC (Acro/angle/ect...) the rate is simply the % of stick movement that is set out, it's scaled back from full output so the model doesn't twitch around like you describe. Even experienced pilots use D/R, it retards the stick movements so it's not so sensitive.

This is of course in addition to ensuring you have all good PID's...
Cereal_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2014
15 Posts
Both, first I ever had, first I ever built

Today I found one video, of quad on sell, behaviour in flight are similar to mine, maybe I just don't know how to steer this thing while stabilised, maybe to move around I should hold joystick, not let it go.

About Dual Rate.
I didn't touch it, I saw it in RC, will try it out.
So that will not lower power, just make sensitivity smaller?

", if you only have a spare 2-position switches I'd suggest low being ~55 and high being 90%, if you have a spare 3-pos set it up as low=50, mid=65-70 and high=90-100. "

Can you please tell me what you mean by 2-position switches.
Why would I use 2 or 3 position switch? How is that connected to pitch/roll, throttle/yaw sticks?

I found many tutorials to setup PIDs, and many readings, but none has logic to me.

In ACRO mode, if I fly up, it moves a bit, and I need to catch it, and then it is stable, so what to trim? I can't go vertically up, ... should I trim it that little moment before it lifts up? To see in which direction it drifts?

In horizon and angle mode, quad is horizontally stable, more/less, but it drifts away, ... I will record, whole behaviour, so I can show you, maybe better than explaining.

Thanks for reply!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 01:03 PM
Joined Jan 2014
15 Posts
I made some research, but now I'm confused, There is dual Rate/Expo, and there is Throttle Curve. Should I change both?

I think I got it, I was wondering why RC had 10 switches but only 6 ch, now I got iw SwA and SwB are for controller.
Managed to make Normal / Sport (Normal is Rate 70 Exp 40) / Sport is for now 100 /0 (how it was by default)
SwitchB is Idle, not sure what it does, I mean I can hear motors spin lower, but not sure what it does in flight, and where to adjust those settings on RC.

I got Throttle Hold as well, not sure can I call it Hover? I mean if I find % of Throttle needed for Hovering, adjusting to that % it should hover?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by TommyCro; Apr 15, 2015 at 01:14 PM.