New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2015, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by mistairjoe
lake orion mi
Joined Sep 2002
1,227 Posts
Hey Guys I need help programming a YEP 100 in a Habu 2 6s set up. I do have a programming card. The fan spools up slow at the moment not matching the throttle position.
Cheers Joe
mistairjoe is offline Find More Posts by mistairjoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2015, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by DamonH
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
4,552 Posts
Maybe this will help. Sounds like you may still have the start up speed set up for a heli.

YEP ESC programming setup for airplanes (6 min 35 sec)
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jun 25, 2015, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by microlyn
Fly it like you're in it
Canada, ON, London
Joined Nov 2012
1,088 Posts
At 4:35 you can see the set up for "start up speed"
YEP ESC programming setup for airplanes (6 min 35 sec)

HaHa, posted same time .sorry
microlyn is offline Find More Posts by microlyn
Old Jun 25, 2015, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
6,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Sounds good Tommy.
I was typing when you posted. You can see in my post above that I did one jet like that to acheive CG. That was no typo. it was a Windrider 70mm F-35.
Lost it due to a radio hit in Las Vegas .
It was glassed foam with added retracts.
Ah damn! That's was a nice jet. You put some work into that for sure.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Jun 25, 2015, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by DamonH
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
4,552 Posts
Lol...well if he doesn't get it the first time maybe the second time will work!
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by Air-Jon
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
1,385 Posts
Awesome BeDe-5 Gary. I wish someone would make a nice, big 70-" span foamy BD for 80 or 90mm.
Air-Jon is offline Find More Posts by Air-Jon
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by efflux RC
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
9,540 Posts
Thanks Jon.
It the windrider 64mm hand launched version. Ming later came out with a 90mm version. Glass fuse with wood wings.

Here ya go.
http://www.windrider.com.hk/product.asp?id=164

I did a ton of mods to mine. including adding air retracts, gear, and a pointed nose (as one full size that I know of, had)

This was my foyer into making gapless Kevlar control surface hinges. Steve C offered some great info regarding the fabbing of the hinges.

I did't do a separate built thread, but documented the entire build in the windrider BD-5 thread. (2009?)

Here's few more shots.

Sorry for the "off topic' guys...... ooh wait we're still on topic ...........
Get Mings 90mm version, and put a JF 90 in it.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Jun 25, 2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by EJETS-II
TeamSiam
Graz
Joined May 2007
416 Posts
Tail cones and 70mm fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
Rainer,

I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind answering them.

Have you ever thought of making a carbon fiber tailcone with heatsink designed specifically for your Jetfan's? I like the idea of putting some of my ESC's in a tailcone if the jet doesn't have a proper space for it, or if I would like to shift a bit of weight aft to allow for more battery capacity or for ease of CG achievement.

Do you think you will offer a cut down Jetfan rotor to 70mm for us to use on our 70mm jets? I'm not sure how large of a market there will be for it (hopefully others would be interested), but I know I would purchase them.

Hello T-Cat,

At the JF-90V2 we didn't need a tail cone regarding the fine cooling effect of the gap between the motor and stator kernel. Also the costs fo a carbon cone doesn't fit to the low cost of the JF's.
The massive machined aluminum heat sink of Tam and the cone is nearly so expensive as the JF alone and is heavy, and changes the cooling from the gap to the surface of the heat sink.

Maybe a cone alone, or a cone with a much smaller heat sink, not disturbing the origing cooling concept may work, but anyway most of the ESC's are bigger than our heat sink could be.
Also the cables to the batterie should be as short as possible, the 3 phases to the motore are allowed to be enlarged.

BVM needs that to get the batteries near the fan, as he had the ICDF-tanks there before and didn't change the position of the fan to get a no "tail sitter" without batteries.

And sorry, no 70 mm fan planned this year.

Best greetings from Graz,
Rainer
EJETS-II is online now Find More Posts by EJETS-II
Old Jun 26, 2015, 06:10 AM
Find More Posts by mistairjoe
lake orion mi
Joined Sep 2002
1,227 Posts
Thanks Guys and sorry for the off topic foray...
mistairjoe is offline Find More Posts by mistairjoe
Old Jul 13, 2015, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
6,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJETS-II View Post
Hello T-Cat,

At the JF-90V2 we didn't need a tail cone regarding the fine cooling effect of the gap between the motor and stator kernel. Also the costs fo a carbon cone doesn't fit to the low cost of the JF's.
The massive machined aluminum heat sink of Tam and the cone is nearly so expensive as the JF alone and is heavy, and changes the cooling from the gap to the surface of the heat sink.

Maybe a cone alone, or a cone with a much smaller heat sink, not disturbing the origing cooling concept may work, but anyway most of the ESC's are bigger than our heat sink could be.
Also the cables to the batterie should be as short as possible, the 3 phases to the motore are allowed to be enlarged.

BVM needs that to get the batteries near the fan, as he had the ICDF-tanks there before and didn't change the position of the fan to get a no "tail sitter" without batteries.

And sorry, no 70 mm fan planned this year.

Best greetings from Graz,
Rainer
Thank you Rianer. I'm sorry for my very delayed response. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my inquiry and explain your thoughts as well. Thanks again!
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT