SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2014, 10:59 AM
United States, CA, Eastvale
Joined Sep 2007
257 Posts
Question
Apprentice SAFE receiver on other plane

Hi folks,
I noticed last night when I tried using Apprentice Rx with a HobbyKing motor and 30a ESC; does not work. Servos work but not throttle. Anyone else have problem with their Apprentice Rx w/ another plane?
leadpan is offline Find More Posts by leadpan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2014, 11:33 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,700 Posts
Suenaga has mentioned SAFE rx issues with non-HH ESCs. PM him.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jun 01, 2014, 10:11 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Jul 2013
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpan View Post
Hi folks,
I noticed last night when I tried using Apprentice Rx with a HobbyKing motor and 30a ESC; does not work. Servos work but not throttle. Anyone else have problem with their Apprentice Rx w/ another plane?
I haven't tried using the Apprentice rx in another plane. But... it sounds like it could be a case of your ESC not arming. My suggestion would be to find and dig into the technical material for whatever ESC you are using. Learn what the beep codes should be when it arms successfully and make sure that his happening. If it isn't, reading up on the materials for the ESC may give you some idea how to get the RX working with the ESC.
Flyswamper is offline Find More Posts by Flyswamper
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:45 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,337 Posts
I do not own an Apprentice, But I did install a SAFE/ ESC Board from a S model Super Cub, into the older Super Cub and it works perfectly in it.
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost