|Feb 06, 2014, 04:43 AM|
LOS ANGELES build logs
Be ADVICE : Is gonna be a very long thread so PLEASE have patience !
Earlier this week I took courage and I start working on these project .
That is a LOS ANGELES submarine bought it from someone on the forum .
- I started with rudders depth as required for the large volume of Sisyphus work ....
- after many, many hours of sanding an file I managed to do what you can see in the pictures...
HOW TO FIX :
1) file until get same length?
2) fill until get same length ?
- then continued with bow rudders ....NO problems here ,
- with tower is another story and I have some questions about the place to put axis for Bow Rudders ....( see pictures )
- I do not know what those two parts are and which should be put it ( see pictures )
1) what are those holes and witch should be drilled ( I think some of them should be don do the captive air !)
What should be the corect distance for depth rudders and steering rudders:
OK for now,
|Feb 06, 2014, 01:32 PM|
OK . THANK YOU ,
But I think is not right , and may be is going to be fix one day ! .
At least can I CLOSE it ? ( like the one when You sold something )
|Feb 06, 2014, 02:49 PM|
Marius, I would offer that you do not separate the topics anyways......If it applies to your LA Class sub, keep them together.
Love seeing you work on this!
|Feb 07, 2014, 03:20 AM|
HI @tchalfant ,
Of course is not a problem for me . I wheel take Your advice and keep them both active .
I DIDN'T WANT to be "out side of the lows" that's eat .
For the moment all I have is these :
- any suggestion about Reliable Speed Controller ......Fail Safe devices and what else should be ?
- the RC is FUTABA 6EXP - 6 channels (4 + 2 ) ,40MHz .
I know is an very old model but that's gonna be do the small budget
|Mar 18, 2014, 11:04 AM|
My BELOVED colleges I know is too soon for these stage of my project but I hope there wheel the time when I'm gonna need some Decals for my sub.
So there is some questions rising :
1) every type of subs has a different Decals ?
2) is necessary to buy a particular decals , for example My Los Angeles , or there are some general witch can be used , and by choosing what to put on them is what determine the particularity of a specific one?.
3) and of course where can be bought at decent price all of these ?.
Can You show me some pictures about what/where/how did You put Your Decals on Subs?, or guide to another place where I can find these answers .
|Mar 28, 2014, 03:18 PM|
Good Evening ,
- I advanced a little bit with component arrangement in WTC ....
- I mounted on a speed controller and receiver a piece of Velcro , and on PVC bracket also.....
- I put thicker wires to the motor ....
- I don't know what connectors to use for coupling the motor with speed controller and for connecting the battery to the speed controller ....
- I have not forgotten either the fuse that protects the receiver or the main switch ,
- I am most interested about what capacity should have receiver battery power ..... now I have 4,8 V = 4x1, 2V/2100mA - NiMh Accumulators ...
- is enough to power the receiver? .....
- if yeah, that autonomy would be? ...
I have some questions :
- what methods are most commonly used to isolate the power supply wires from the battery when they enter in the WTC ? ;
- can I put Sealed Lead Acid battery terminals in the in water if it does not fit into the WTC ? ;
- not is discharged or is short circuit?
Pictures next days . To day batery is empty
|Apr 01, 2014, 06:01 AM|
HI there , I have a bag pressure from a device to measure blood pressure and has the dimensions from the picture ...... would be enough water volume for my sub ?
What are the most used methods to calculate what volume of water is needed ?
PLEASE I need these answer FAST in order to buy the necessary length of the Acrylic Tube .
All the Best and CLEAR WATERS
|Apr 03, 2014, 01:16 AM|
Romania, HD, Sāntandrei
Joined Apr 2006
I belive it will be enough for your sub, but please take good care with that brass geared pump, i have used one in the past and the inside seals are not very good, water can easily reach to the motor under pressure. I would recommend using a Kavan geared pump. The Kavan is able to produce 4 to 5 bar without problems.
|Apr 07, 2014, 05:37 AM|
SALUT GEORGE ,
Thank You for telling me these .
I wheel take care about the pump . I am not decided eat if is going to stay in the same wtc with the rest of the components or in a separate wtc along with Rubber Balloon but separated by a Sealed Wall - with on O-ring .
Unfortunately I spent all my Founds and I don't have money for another Pump .
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Any indoor flying near Los Angeles?||Akura2||Micro Ready-to-Fly||7||Jan 20, 2014 09:48 PM|
|Found||Mobius Video Cable needed in Los Angeles Today||Mauronic||FPV Equipment (FS/W)||3||Oct 10, 2013 03:29 PM|
|Wanted||Windrider BD-5J EDF (LPU Los Angeles area)||Left Coast DJ||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||4||Sep 29, 2013 06:23 PM|
|Discussion||Testing 1/3 scale ASW in Los Angeles||rhokita||Slope||2||Sep 21, 2013 11:54 PM|