HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2014, 07:00 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys... this will help me out.

I have seen this model fly, so I have some idea of its ability and character in the sky.

I didn't get the opportunity to fly yesterday as it was way too windy for a maiden, so next weekend it my next open window.

To minimise any mishaps I was thinking of flying in a long grass field for a softer landing.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2014, 08:50 AM
JTI
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Nov 2013
26 Posts
Will hot water take the wrinkles out of the nose?
JTI is offline Find More Posts by JTI
Old Sep 06, 2014, 05:56 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
WHAT A BLAST! l manage to maiden her today and she was perfect. No trimming required 1/2 throttle hand launch and landing was a dream with throttle off and a little elevator.

Such an easy micro to fly.... you could fly it blind

thanks for all the advice... I now need to get me more lipos
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:37 AM
Jagd Flieger
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTI View Post
Will hot water take the wrinkles out of the nose?
Hello JTI

The hot water technique works surprisingly well, I usually get a small pot of water bring it to a boil, let it cool for a minute or two and then dip the damaged area in the water,that will bring it back to life. I was quite surprised how well that works especially on the UMX Mig-15, I damaged the nose a few times and it looked really bad, but after the hot water technique it was almost back to 100%. The surface will get a little rough after that, a bit of an alligator skin as it's called, and it will feel firmer or stiffer after that.

Thanks Sabastian
Sabastian is offline Find More Posts by Sabastian