HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Syma S33 will not lift off after crash!

I have a new Syma S33, was doing fine until one of the lower blades hit a chair outside. Not a big hit.

Now the heli will not lift off!
I can see this:
  1. Blade that hit the chair is one of the lower ones.
  2. The lower blades seem to have lost some of the connection with the gear.
  3. When I speed it up, both blades seem to rotate at high speed ok, I can "turn" left but not right, I mean, on the floor, motors running, I move the left-right controls and only left works. Right turn makes a sound but no turn.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Klimber
klimber is offline Find More Posts by klimber
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:09 AM
United States, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Nov 2012
212 Posts
Hold the large gears and see if you can turn either of the blade heads. If you can the gears or blade holders are loose or broken.
bobwrgt is offline Find More Posts by bobwrgt
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:40 AM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
I hold the lower large gear and can not turn the top blades. If I force a bit, I feel the gear jumping.
OTOH, if I hold the top large gear, I can freely move the lower blades.

So what part is broken?

Thanks in advance!
klimber is offline Find More Posts by klimber
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:25 AM
United States, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Nov 2012
212 Posts
Try tightening the set screw in the lower large gear. There is a flat spot on the shaft the screw sets in. On the lower blade holder there are four set screws to hold the blade holder to the shaft. Try tightening these to see if the blade holder locks to the shaft. The upper main large gear also has a set screw holding gear to shaft. Make sure this is tight. If none of this works you will have to take the gears and shafts out to see what will not hold.
bobwrgt is offline Find More Posts by bobwrgt
Old May 02, 2013, 09:28 PM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
I just got the syma s33 today and man i had the left throttle all the way down and the helicopter just started going by itself for no reason and here the throttle was off, so then i shut the reciever off,transmitter ! well i shut the helicopter off and said well lets try this again ! So turned the transmitter back on and then turned the helicopter on ! Then it seemed ok so i got it to hover and then all of a sudden the speed on the left throttle was in the same spot and then man the heli went nuts and was like it went to full power and andthen flew sideways and then it was knocked on it side and the motors were trying to spin then it stopped, mind you when this happened right before the heli tipped on it side and got hung up. i automatically, pulled the throttle to stop position, cause i seen it was gonna tip and hit something ! But even with the left throttle down, man the motors were still trying to turn ! So i shut everything down, checked for any damage and nothing ! Well i turned everything back on ! Everything lights up but now the motors or blades wont spin ! And this heli is suppose to have that protection in case the blades get hung up, its suppose to shut everything down automatically. And now nothing works ! But man even when i had the left throttle down so nothing would turn, all of a sudden man it took off for no reason and here i'am going nuts trying to shut it down ! Its like it had a mind of its own ! I bought it from Amazon so luckily they are paying to ship it back and refund my money ! I would like to get another one ! But man i dont know after all this crazy crap ! Was i sent a defective one or what ! I couldnt even get this thing to shut itself down, it was like it had a mind of its own ! And now the motors wont turn when i power it on ! I can turn the blades by hand and everything seem ok. So what, did something short and burn it self out ! Itsays that if the blades get hung up its suppose to have this automatic protection device that shuts everything down, and here it didnt and the blades still kept trying to spin till i finally shut the tranmitter off ! All i can say is man this was the freakiest thing i have ever seen a helicopter do ! And i do know how to fly these things ! So man i wonder what gives and whats wrong with this heli ! All i can say is man i'm still freaked out about what it did ! Like i said, its like it had a mind of its own and just went nuts ! Anybody got any ideas why this would have happened ! ?? Holy Cow
mrkeyboardman07 is offline Find More Posts by mrkeyboardman07
Last edited by mrkeyboardman07; May 03, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old May 03, 2013, 01:27 AM
DWTRIAC23
United States, MA, North Andover
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
Welcome to the world of Syma (cheap Chinese products)
dwtriac23 is offline Find More Posts by dwtriac23
Old May 03, 2013, 03:57 AM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,244 Posts
wow
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar
Old May 03, 2013, 11:08 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Yeah your right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtriac23 View Post
Welcome to the world of Syma (cheap Chinese products)

I do have other Symas and they do fly pretty excellent with some minor mods. BUt man Syma has to do something about this transmitter and signal thing cause man it wasnt responding to anything on the transmitter and man this thing just went into full throttle on its own when hear i even had the throttle shut all the way down and it was still going till i turned the reciever off ! So man all i can say is yep staying away from this model that for sure, This one has alot of bugs init is all i can say !
mrkeyboardman07 is offline Find More Posts by mrkeyboardman07
Old May 03, 2013, 11:53 AM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,244 Posts
its a fix it heli =new motors trust m new motors
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar
Old May 04, 2013, 06:27 AM
DWTRIAC23
United States, MA, North Andover
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
it is an awesome and very stable heli when it works right and is very capable of outdoor flight in light winds with just a couple mods. I would try to return it. If it happened on the first flight before any crashes they should replace it if they are a reputable company. Almost sounds like a bad transmitter or PCB board to me??
dwtriac23 is offline Find More Posts by dwtriac23
Old Jun 07, 2014, 12:47 PM
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
I had the exact same problem as described in the post after a crash too. The top gear wouldn't spin when I manually turned the lower blade. I think the problem is that the screws used for the upper gear are too short and they don't fully go through the plastic gear and into the metal rod. The fix is to take a longer screw from the lower back side panel and replace the two shorter screws that hold the upper gear to the metal rod. After installing the longer screw the upper gear will turn when you turn the lower blade.
jkrysinskihb is offline Find More Posts by jkrysinskihb
Old Jun 07, 2014, 11:54 PM
Flying at North Edward's
United States, CA, North Edwards
Joined Jun 2010
109 Posts
Check your radio. I had a problem like it. check the solder connections. The factory in China tack the connections rather than do a proper mechanical connection then solder. Once you go through them it should be good. For me part of the fun is fixing and modifying. I'm kinda sick that way.
kgoodone is offline Find More Posts by kgoodone
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:34 PM
Joined Aug 2014
1 Posts
Hi guys, my S33 g was flying great and then I dropped the controller now it won't lift off more than a foot of the ground could it be the controller is messed up and can it be fixed? I have the newer controller that has the blue light with sound
kittylover63 is offline Find More Posts by kittylover63
Last edited by kittylover63; Sep 12, 2014 at 11:19 PM.