HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2014, 09:35 PM
United States, OH, Sandusky
Joined Nov 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
Only one small problem. Once you tell all your buddies and they buy them too and you're fly"n the same time...well..."Is that your alarm or mine??? Must be yours...I just went up..." LOL
So true. I'll consider it a sacrifice for my friends. I introduced them to the alarms last year, and now everyone I fly with is using them!

Don -- I'm also interested in exactly which HURC servos you prefer. I don't see anything at their site that looks like their own/house brand. They carry EMAX, which I happen to have, but haven't actually installed in anything yet. Any experience with EMAX?
Knight Owl is online now Find More Posts by Knight Owl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:41 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Owl View Post
So true. I'll consider it a sacrifice for my friends. I introduced them to the alarms last year, and now everyone I fly with is using them!

Don -- I'm also interested in exactly which HURC servos you prefer. I don't see anything at their site that looks like their own/house brand. They carry EMAX, which I happen to have, but haven't actually installed in anything yet. Any experience with EMAX?
The only problem with metal gear servos is that they wear out over time and get slop. I am stuck on Dynam 7g servos and use them for almost everything! They don't wear out as easily and are super strong but light as well.
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:13 PM
United States, OH, Sandusky
Joined Nov 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
The only problem with metal gear servos is that they wear out over time and get slop. I am stuck on Dynam 7g servos and use them for almost everything! They don't wear out as easily and are super strong but light as well.
Thanks for the info. I actually just put some Dynams in a FT 3D build that I'm finishing as a night flyer. Everything tested good on the bench, and I hope to get some flying time on it yet this season.
Knight Owl is online now Find More Posts by Knight Owl
Old Today, 05:40 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,000 Posts
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...ervo-H-240.htm

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...ervo-H-430.htm

Look at any and all that they have. I may have said it too strong, since only some are house branded as Power-up. However, look at their prices for MG as well as non-MG servos and they are hard to beat. Never had one fail that I am sure of. I did have one that was DOA and it was replaced.

Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy