Closed Thread
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:08 PM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,830 Posts
Alert
RPG Warning built from a Traplet Plan

Not so long back it was noticed on another thread that an RPG was being built from what looked like altered plans.
This was questioned by myself as it just didn't look correct to any of my versions at all.

Anyway I know of a few that were built from the Traplet plan . These we have seen and they are identical to the original.
The last bit of a get together saw a new face and model, now this RPG had been built from an up to date Traplet plan but was dimensionally different. This has caused huge differences in CG positions etc making it almost impossible to fly and get off the ground.
There were reasons why it was designed like it was but the main alterations that are causing problems are the mast length and its angle of rake back. Its rear UC position and added wood and a longer nose with alterations around the base of the mast.
The RPG and the way it was designs all revolved around the mass of the wood used and where it was placed, the same with my other models. at least 100 grammes) and it will be obviously be 'heavier' to fly and not a lot like the original.

If at all you do plan on building from the Traplet plan then please speak to a gyronut who has built and flown one successfully. Or please just PM or Email me and I will try and help as best I can.
If you live in the UK I will always offer to give your model the 'once over' if you are prepared to come to the Midlands. And I know others who will do the same around the UK.

Big thanks to the guys who have put together both sets of plans and recorded the differences.

I am sorry for any confusion, this was all done out of my hands.

Regards

Rich
(Rich's Pusher Gyro)
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:26 AM
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
354 Posts
I was "the new face" Rich talks about and can confirm what he has said. I would like to thank Rich and his stalwarts for sorting out my Traplet Laser Cut kit RPG, which at least is now flyable, all be it heavy, and it is great fun to fly. I have now nearly completed a second RPG from the S.L.E.C. CNC kit and original WhirlyBird plan and confirm that there are differences. More when it is finished.
Tim
BigTradioman is offline Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:43 AM
Wolverhampton, England
Joined Jun 2010
378 Posts
HI Tim

It was nice to meet youat the flyin and I'm glad you have got to gripds with that RPG. Looking forward to seeing the next one go!
Be warned you are now addicted

Regards
Rich E
Ricardo1500 is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo1500
Closed Thread