HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:58 PM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
366 Posts
Trader Rating: 248
Last I checked it was 2.9% + .39 cent .
jrplane is online now Find More Posts by jrplane
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:28 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Sep 2009
108 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
yep 3% I just checked my account and they take out 3%
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:48 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 384
Chump change, for the limited security of assets.
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Sep 2009
108 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Chump change, for the limited security of assets.

I just pay it, i don't expect the buyer to pay it. For me I will not buy from anyone that wants me to pay there fees to collect my money for something there trying to sell.
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:18 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
Trader Rating: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz View Post
I just pay it, i don't expect the buyer to pay it. For me I will not buy from anyone that wants me to pay there fees to collect my money for something there trying to sell.
Yes you are right, but I also don't want to build those fees into the asking price.

The buyer should have a choice whether or not to pay the fee or use a different form of payment that will not cost anything.

Sellers fees are for legit businesses that move a lot of product. Selling on RC Groups is not a business. I am already trying to pass good deals to others in the hobby, no need for extra costs.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:00 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,689 Posts
Trader Rating: 122
from my understanding the best method is to get the buyers email, and send them an invoice from paypal, all fees are sent to the right person, and full paypal protection would be in effect, also descriptions can be given of goods or sevices provided in the sale, as well as the shipping price can be added to the total (that does'nt get taxed a fee i might add)
and the customer has a much better record of what they are buying, much better then sending a generalized description of a reason for just sending money to someone too
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:17 AM
welch
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I think in US Market , Paypal takes 3% .

But in CHINA , Paypal takes 4% .

Have you guys ever thought of using Credit Card payment in place of Paypal ?
welch is offline Find More Posts by welch
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
welch
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeenut View Post
To rell you the truth guys, payal has been skimming my profits on Ebay for years, I have no problem if someone pays with the "gift" option. Ebay charges me %10 which is highway robbery since they do absolutely nothing for it, and Paypal is just as bad. I know it can be bad for buyers but that happens in face to face transactions also. I worked for over 10 years to get my 100% feedback on Ebay and I treat any buyer here fair as well without having to get Paypal involved over a dipute. I look at every transaction as a verbal handshake deal and it's to be honored. The gift option is good with me. I wonder if this thread was instigated by or influenced by Paypal?

IF you do business with your Customers by face to face , not by online , Then paypal is completely useless !

The reason why he ( paypal ) can survive and charges so much is JUST because online trades are lack of security , that 's why paypal says he has the ability to protect the buyers . He charges so much fees on sellers but always buyers feel very good and feel it's free to use paypal , PROBLEM is seller still will rise price by 3% - 5% , then finally , it's still BUYER that pay such cost rise !

What a joke paypal plays with us !!!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:21 AM
welch
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz View Post
yep 3% I just checked my account and they take out 3%

Actually it's more than 3% if you are smart enough !

Because the Money that buyer sent you has Included shipping cost ! So , if shipping cost is very high , you need to lose a little profit to pay that shipping cost 's paypal fee .

You need to pay Product selling Price 's paypal fee + Shipping cost 's paypal fee , But you donn't make profit on shipping cost , So all these from your product profit
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:51 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,689 Posts
Trader Rating: 122
to the best of my knowledge paypal doesnt charge a fee towards the shipping cost if done using the invoice option

i could be wrong but when people pay my invoices the only money deducted works out fine by my calculations as being only from sale price not shipping too

ive even paid an invoice before with the cost as 1 cent and the shipping fee of 10.00 i havent asked the person yet if they were dinged anything over the 1 cent cost but i will find out and see

Quote:
Originally Posted by welch View Post

Because the Money that buyer sent you has Included shipping cost ! So , if shipping cost is very high , you need to lose a little profit to pay that shipping cost 's paypal fee .

You need to pay Product selling Price 's paypal fee + Shipping cost 's paypal fee , But you donn't make profit on shipping cost , So all these from your product profit
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by irun4fundotca; Apr 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:01 AM
Noobie
United States, LA, Fort Polk South
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welch View Post

As a buyer, I will do 4 thing every time I buy.

1. Quick payment.
2. Pay $1-2 more to cover what I call "the business tax" to off set what paypal charges (this tax is sent as a gift most of the time)
3. will pay extra cost of shipping if price is higher (but if the shipping is cheaper by more than 3 bucks I would like that money given back, or you be honest and say hey the shipping was X amount cheaper and I may tell you to pocket it as profit.
4. Leave honest feedback and I would expect the same, how else am I suppose to know if the transaction was up to par on my end of the deal. This also allows others to see that I am not a scam.

I have not done any buys that would require feedback here but on a few other sites I have.
TheCaption is offline Find More Posts by TheCaption
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Trader Rating: 286
Although PayPal takes out the 2.9% + $0.30 from each payment I receive, I save A LOT of money by printing out USPS shipping labels from them. The other day I could not get my printer to work so I took the package to the post office and mailed it first class with delivery confirmation and it cost me $2.80. If I used PayPal it would have cost me $1.64 for the same first class with delivery confirmation.
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:00 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,934 Posts
Trader Rating: 628
It's 2.9% + $0.30 flat fee. 3.0% is pretty dang close. For those of y'all who don't like gift payments because of the label printing issue, it's actually pretty easy to work around. Just open "multi-order shipping" in paypal, and then in the 'file' tab, chose 'create new orders'. Then just type in the address. Takes maybe 2 minutes...
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jgalexander; May 01, 2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old May 08, 2012, 04:48 PM
SoaringBob
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Can anyone tell how I can post a few items on the classified page for sailplanes. I have been messing around with this sight for a few hours and cannot figure it out. Thanks Bob
SoaringBob is offline Find More Posts by SoaringBob
Old May 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Mar 2011
33 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I bought a Tx/Rx using the regular purchase option, ehh whatever the default is called and PP did not charge the 2,9% fee plus 30 cents to the seller. I avoid gift because PP is a PITA for refunds as is but I did receive a refund after a RCGroups scammer tried to convince me the shipment (see complaint forum) went to wrong address.

Also, use a credit card over withdrawing from your bank because PP seems to care less when they have the upper hand. With a card, one phone call starts a charge back and usually works. PP will send a hater message but they won't close account on 1st offense plus you can have multiple accounts. Gifting is best for family & friends.
Seedyrom is offline Find More Posts by Seedyrom