SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,290 Posts
Here is a carbon 2.5" spinner:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-inch-car...item337cf08e90

I've bought a 2" and 3" from the same seller, they look nice. Only real problem is that the mounting screws tend to be too short, but a couple longer screws and you are in business. I've typically used some spare ones from a 3dhs or EF kit and cut off the excess length. They are metric 2 or 3mm if memory serves.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:45 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
My Velox has a Hacker A60-6XS But you can't just bolt one in....

SteveT
did you make that mount? looks nice, i was looking at this motor, what size prop are you swinging?
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
@ losi. I have a 68 Velox and while I haven't flown it on present electric configuration yet (used to have a DLE 20) it was a super insane tumble machine before. It tumbled as well as my 58" edge which is just nuts.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
did you make that mount? looks nice, i was looking at this motor, what size prop are you swinging?
A friend of mine with a CNC mill made the "X" mount for me, and I made the stand offs. If you are interested in one, I can get another "X" mount made, and make the stand-offs for you...but it would be just a bit different, as I am going to have him make me another "X" mount with 1/8" 60601 aluminum, instead of the 3/16".

As to the prop, it is an 18X10 Xoar, giving me these numbers..(but this was not with fully charge packs)....

Volts=23.3 max, 20.3 minimum
Amps=100.1 max 33.3 average
Watts= 2163 max 722 average
RPM=7079 max 3721 average...

Yesterday when I maidened the plane it was really windy, and I can't actually say the power was "WOW...look at that"...but, it certainly wasn't bad. I felt I needed a little bump in the middle on the throttle curve, which I have now done. I may try an APC 18X10, but if so, I will have to go to a Castle HV 110 ESC (which I have)...right now, I am using a Castle ICE 100...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:20 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
@ losi. I have a 68 Velox and while I haven't flown it on present electric configuration yet (used to have a DLE 20) it was a super insane tumble machine before. It tumbled as well as my 58" edge which is just nuts.
Hummmmmm wonder what I'm doing wrong? This one won't tumble at all. It's like it has very little elevator authority off throttle. Even crankshafts are lazy at best
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:06 AM
Custom Crasher
lowkeylaidback's Avatar
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
768 Posts
Wanted 3dhobbyshop 48" EPP Extra 330 Starboard main wing

Each post of this request was meant to target buyers of models from 3DHS that may like most have more then one model from that vendor as many here do and not use the classified adds this seem to be the only way to reach the buyers of this brand. A little dog not mine ruined my wing and I have not gotten a response from 3DHS since 10/9 about getting a new wing, as the wing is the only part that is damaged I am searching for a replacement
I need the starboard main wing for a 3dhobbyshop 48" EPP Extra 330, if you have one I am in the market, please send me a PM
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Last edited by lowkeylaidback; Oct 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:37 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
Each post of this request was meant to target buyers of models from 3DHS that may like most have more then one model from that vendor as many here do and not use the classified adds this seem to be the only way to reach the buyers of this brand. A little dog not mine ruined my wing and I have not gotten a response from 3DHS since 10/9 about getting a new wing, as the wing is the only part that is damaged I am searching for a replacement
I need the starboard main wing for a 3dhobbyshop 48" EPP Extra 330, if you have one I am in the market, please send me a PM
Might make sure you check your bulk/spam mailboxes to see if a reply from 3dhs might have slipped into there.
Also,just a word of caution,you might get popped for cross posting this request over lots of threads.. If you havent already,try posting your request in the classified section and maybe someone will have a crash unit that has a good part for you to put on your plane.Also,if you have a local craft/hobby store you might could find some pep and can just cut out a copy and make a wing. That might can get you up and flying
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:40 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,226 Posts
Next time just use the thread for the plane, the 3dhs fanatics thread, and the off topic thread. Oh and of course the classifieds. The people that have multiple planes from 3dhs are usually subbed to the fanatics and off topic threads so you're just asking the same people over and over again.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:17 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
So... I got around to checking the logging on my ICE 100 in my Velox maiden from Saturday.. .Looks like I might want to change my ESC to something a bit more robust...

Volts.... Max 25, Avg. 23.5, min. 20.3
Ripple...max. 1.37, avg. .57
Amps....max 110.9 avg. 16.5
watts.....max 2446, avg 371
rpm.......max 8057 avg 2556...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:20 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
So... I got around to checking the logging on my ICE 100 in my Velox maiden from Saturday.. .Looks like I might want to change my ESC to something a bit more robust...

Volts.... Max 25, Avg. 23.5, min. 20.3
Ripple...max. 1.37, avg. .57
Amps....max 110.9 avg. 16.5
watts.....max 2446, avg 371
rpm.......max 8057 avg 2556...

SteveT
that motor looks like a beast, how would you rate the power, like rocket fast or above average?
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:25 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
that motor looks like a beast, how would you rate the power, like rocket fast or above average?
Was really windy that day, and didn't get a chance to ring it out, and haven't had a chance to fly it since, so....we'll see...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Was really windy that day, and didn't get a chance to ring it out, and haven't had a chance to fly it since, so....we'll see...

SteveT
Cool, let us know, looks like a good 6s setup, probably what I would use in this plane as well.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
Cool, let us know, looks like a good 6s setup, probably what I would use in this plane as well.
I am going to have the parts laser cut for an extension box to replace the stock one, and it will also be lighter than the mount I am using right now...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I am going to have the parts laser cut for an extension box to replace the stock one, and it will also be lighter than the mount I am using right now...

SteveT
thats a good idea!
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Got a couple of good flights on my Velox today....found I can take some of the weight out of the tail, and the A60-5XS is a killer motor for the Velox....it has a LOT of power!! And it tumbles and snaps like crazy!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3D Hobby Shop Velox Revolution 47" 800mZero 3D Flying 8497 Dec 19, 2011 10:48 AM
Discussion 25 Flights: 3D Hobby Shop Velox Revolution Doc Austin 3D Flying 45 Apr 21, 2008 09:19 AM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 47" Velox: On 3S sun.flyer Electric Plane Talk 4 Dec 07, 2007 10:13 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 47" Velox: sun.flyer Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 07, 2007 01:23 PM