HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2008, 10:54 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Discussion
Epyaya LiPo batteries- experience?

A search didn't turn up to much on these batteries... have any of you guys used them?

They seem to be about 25% cheaper than TP and other brands... would you chance it?

The cost of batteries is starting to hurt my wallet. I would love to find something cheaper than Thunder Power!
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2008, 11:00 AM
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
http://epyaya.com/product_info.php?products_id=2299

There is a chart comparing it to a TP battery for discharge rate vs. voltage... is that worth anything?
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:47 PM
Joined Apr 2005
998 Posts
A lot of us have been looking for something cheaper than TP...and in the process, we've spent more on lousy cheap packs than we would have if we'd just put the money down on the good ones. I bought four 1300 3s Apex packs from them a year and a half ago, and they were great...but it's always a crap shoot. Who knows what sort of crud any given manufacturer will put out in the next batch? Good luck!
roidspop is offline Find More Posts by roidspop
Old Jan 02, 2008, 07:26 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
I have never spent TP kind of money and I don't think I have wasted my money, But I have not ventured into the cheapo cells yet either,

PQ and Maxamps have been my packs of choice.

Highflier
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Jan 03, 2008, 09:12 AM
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Thanks, guys.. valuable input from both of you. I am leaning towards just dropping the money on the TPs but I am starting see the limits for me in this hobby. I really don't feel great about spending $70 on a TP 3s 2000mah pack so I can't ever see buying a 4s or anything bigger.

Any chance that they will ever come down in price at all? They haven't budged in a couple years now...they just keep offering more heavy duty packs and higher prices.
Old Jan 03, 2008, 09:25 AM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
What is your application? I frequently buy my lipo's on a clearence sale. Of course that means I am getting 15C battieries when 20-30C are the standard, but I am playing 1/2 price and using them at 10-15C then it is a bargin.
what pack config do you need 3s? 2100's or so???

Highflier
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Jan 03, 2008, 12:49 PM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38
A search didn't turn up to much on these batteries... have any of you guys used them?

They seem to be about 25% cheaper than TP and other brands... would you chance it?

The cost of batteries is starting to hurt my wallet. I would love to find something cheaper than Thunder Power!

Been using a 1350ma for about a year. No problems. Still plenty of punch.
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Old Jan 03, 2008, 01:13 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,728 Posts
My experience with Epyaya lipos has been very bad. I've only used the 800 mAH 3S and 1350 mAH 3S packs. Both have swollen cells after only a half dozens cycles or so. Epyaya replace them at no cost, but the replacements have also ALL swollen.

I believe the Epyaya cells are the same as the Apex Packs which they sold and have all but dissapeared under that brand name. I also believe that the Vislero brand cells are the same.... all of these coming from Danlions company. I have tried them all, and ALL have swollen after short and non-strenuous use. The swollen packs continue to deliver power and perform OK, but this is not a good sign I would not buy any of these brands of lipos again.

For 1/2 the cost of these "budget priced" packs, I'm now giving the Hobby City (United Hobbies) "Loong Max packs a try, and while mine have only been through 8-9 cycles, they are showing none of the swelling signs of the others.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 03, 2008, 02:40 PM
Dublin, CA
Joined Jan 2007
150 Posts
I'm with Tom Frank on this one. A while back I purchased four Epyaya packs. Two 2s 2050 and two 3s 2100. All have puffed with only a handful of charges and not pushed hard. Epyaya's customer service is great as they replaced all the packs for free. However the new packs all ended with the same results. So, to make it short I won't buy their packs again.

John
JT_Redmist is offline Find More Posts by JT_Redmist
Old Jan 03, 2008, 03:42 PM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
My two Epyaya 1350 packs puffed too after about a year of use. I feel I got my $ worth out of them, but probably won't buy any more.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal