SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:24 AM
Dubai
Joined Apr 2007
63 Posts
Discussion
Which Blades on 3 Blade Hirobo Lama 315 SA

Hi,
I got now a 3 blade rotor head for the Lama 315 SA 30size from Hirobo.
The head came with wooden blades. But this blades are very suspect for
me. You have to put some lead bars in fill the room with epoxy and cover
the hole blades with shrinking tube. Also the blade holders are looking not
trustworthy. (See pictures)
Now my question: Which blades to put on at best?

Thanks and regards Uwe.
backsida is offline Find More Posts by backsida
Last edited by backsida; Dec 19, 2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2007, 09:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Looks like you have old sets of blades. The new from Hirobo ones are also wood but no need to glue in the lead. It comes already shrink wrapped. The only gluing needed is the metal blade grip bearers. Be sure to order the right hand rotation ones. My Lama flies fine with these new blades. You can see flying shots of my Lama over at www.runryder.com under wilerbee in the scale gallery,
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:56 AM
Dubai
Joined Apr 2007
63 Posts
Hi, thanks for your comment.
I saw your Pic., very nice work. You are in HK? I lived in HK for 2 years very nice place.
Now I'm in Dubai, so I coming (back) to my question. Ordering take long time so I like to put some other blades on that I can buy local.
What kind of blades would be OK?
Regards Uwe.
backsida is offline Find More Posts by backsida
Old Dec 20, 2007, 02:31 AM
Kamikaze Heli Pilot
Japan
Joined Jul 2005
466 Posts
I have been struggling with the handling of my Lama for nearly a year now.

My kit had the pre-weighted wooden blades, but I still had to shrink them myself.

I have just installed a set of Hi-Products 550 mm blades specifically for the Hirobo MRBIII head and the rigid spindle system. Apparently, this will be the key to getting the handling sorted.

The wooden blades (according to the experts) are two narrow, too short and too stiff. The Hi-Pro blades are much more flexible.

No chance to try them yet due to weather but as soon as I get them tested, I will post a message and where to source them.
archiebald is offline Find More Posts by archiebald
Old Dec 20, 2007, 05:32 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Yes a good set of fibreglass or carbon 550 blades will also do nicely. Check out bellblokes gallery in runryder, I think he is using 550 mm Funkey blades. Funkey also makes a 560 mm semi-symmetrical blades also. They are cheap and of fibreglass.

Thanks for the nice comments and good luck.
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee