HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:03 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
I was not clear, as most of the time. I will try again. With the plane trimmed for hands off level flight you should be able to go inverted and still have hands off level flight. I do not under stand but the length of the plane plays a role in this. James, please correct me if I am wrong.

Again, If you are happy with the way it flys - it is flying as beautiful as the covering job you put on it. Just fly it a enjoy a really good looking airplane!
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:33 PM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
856 Posts
What you are checking with the amount of down to hold inverted flight is the C/G. If it is back, it will climb, if it is front, it will descend.

L.
Cherokee Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:40 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
You are right Cherokee Flyer. I stand corrected. When I think back I was moving the wing forward to get the CG back further. I was just remembering it flying better after I moved the wing forward. Sorry
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:27 PM
Joined Sep 2007
856 Posts
No reason to apologise, I just learned that late in life! Easiest way to check the C/G after you have it close.

L.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:33 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4 Posts
Hi, I saw this thread and had to have one! It's in the mail. I have built a few arf's but this will be my first kit build. I have a extra e flight park 450, park 400 and a 25amp electrafly esc laying around...which motor would be better? Will the park 400 be better? I'm assuming a 10x4.7 prop will work with either motor. I don't have a watt meter to test different prop combo's or know how to use a wattmeter. I would like good vertical pullout. I'm not new to flying but this electric stuff is over my head. I have a few 1500 to 2200mah 3 cell lipo's to power it. I also have a hurc 18 amp esc but assume the 25 will be better.
crrdr97 is offline Find More Posts by crrdr97
Old Jun 17, 2014, 01:13 AM
Flying Inverted
Joined May 2006
22 Posts
Nice looking plane!
StearmanSam is offline Find More Posts by StearmanSam
Old Sep 02, 2014, 12:43 PM
Joined Sep 2007
856 Posts
James,

I finally put the long fuselage on the S/S and got the heat gun out like you told me to. Wow does that smooth out the airplane, I didn't think it would make that much difference. It is an entirely different airplane, nice and smooth.

L.
Old Sep 02, 2014, 03:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
Can you explain this Cherokee? I am thinking you take a heat gun to the CF fuse and bend it until square, is that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer View Post
James,

I finally put the long fuselage on the S/S and got the heat gun out like you told me to. Wow does that smooth out the airplane, I didn't think it would make that much difference. It is an entirely different airplane, nice and smooth.

L.
Old Sep 02, 2014, 04:43 PM
Joined Sep 2007
856 Posts
Yep, some of the 10mm square tubes that James got were twisted, so you use a heat gun and GENTLE heat to square up the wing and tail. The tube is an extended one that he has for the SlowSticks. Makes a big difference how it flys. He gives an explanation a couple pages back. See report 2510.

L.