HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

200 SR X RTF with SAFE

Fly SAFE with the Blade 200 SR X

Splash

Train with help from SAFE!

Blade has a excellent stepping stone helicopter from the very beginner trainer to flybarless collective pitch. Using the newest gyro technology, Blade has utilized it to your advantage. The blade 200 SR X is capable of limiting the angle of attack to help beginners keep the helicopter upright and in control with the built in SAFE technology. This also allows the pilot to have a panic switch to level the helicopter if you get lost in your orientation. You can grow with the helicopter using the 3 steps of learning, all based on the SAFE integration. Coming in as a RTF, the Blade 200 X uses the trusted DSMX 2.4ghz transmission. This helicopter is a wonderful choice for the pilot that is looking to move forward in flybarless technology.

Features

• SAFE™ technology
  • Panic button
  • Intermediate mode—increased control authority with self-leveling and a high bank angle limit
  • Experienced mode—full control authority with no bank angle limit
  • Beginner mode—limited flight envelope with self-leveling and a low bank angle limit
  • Brushless motors
  • Strong main shaft
  • Flight time up to 10 minutes

For more information on the Blade 200 SR X click here.

Last edited by ndfly700; Sep 08, 2014 at 09:09 PM..

Discussion

Old Sep 09, 2014, 09:28 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
I am in the process of doing a full review of this helicopter and I have found it to be an excellent trainer and more. It lifts off into a nice hover and has limited tilt in beginner mode which makes it easy to control in calm conditions with less chance of a beginner over controlling the helicopter which is a very common beginner problem. In intermediate mode it is an excellent fixed pitch helicopter and easily penetrates in a breeze or slight wind and does everything I ask it to do. I'll save the rest for my full review but I can tell you I recommend this helicopter! Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2014, 10:15 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,919 Posts
Just to help simplify things for folks, here is the main thread for the 200 SRX.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2089784

And here is the best repair & troubleshooting thread, for those who don't want to scan through 200 pages.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2221880
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Sep 09, 2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:45 AM
"Devil Dog"
Joined Aug 2014
92 Posts
Good addition Steve!
Junkman2008 is offline Find More Posts by Junkman2008
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:28 AM
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
I have the 200srx with safe. I think safe is awsome for planes because I have a friend that bought 2 planes and the 200srx. He can fly the planes in beginner mode but that it. He couldnt fly a paper airplane. But I think the safe sales pitch on the heli is a little bold. Because although the safe works on the heli, you still have to stop it going away from you, etc, he thinks hitting the panic button will stop the heli to a hover and thats not going to happen when he has no idea he hauling away doing 360s! I just think they are to easy in saying panic button! You still have to have a idea what your doing to get back to the hover. Just my thought.
scaneagle62 is offline Find More Posts by scaneagle62
Old Oct 21, 2014, 03:39 AM
"Devil Dog"
Joined Aug 2014
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaneagle62 View Post
But I think the safe sales pitch on the heli is a little bold.
Yea, that sales pitch is what made me buy one and after I realized that it didn't do what they misled me to believe, I never used it again.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:16 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
Joined Nov 2012
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Yea, that sales pitch is what made me buy one and after I realized that it didn't do what they misled me to believe, I never used it again.
Before it was even released, some of the veterans here pointed out that the
200 SRX "Safe" function would most likely be useless to the rank beginner.

Some sharp old-timers prowling these forums.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HK450GT Lights
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:25 AM
"Devil Dog"
Joined Aug 2014
92 Posts
To bad that I didn't find these forums until after I bought this bird.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:43 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
Joined Nov 2012
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that's a bummer.

I actually only remember one specific thread where it was tossed out there,
but there were several seasoned pilots that agreed with the prediction, and made
convincing arguments.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HK450GT Lights
Old Oct 22, 2014, 05:42 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
I think the SAFE technology works better than I expected with a helicopter. But it doesn't let a beginner skip learning how to be oriented with the helicopter. Yes the helicopter will continue to drift in the last direction directed but it is easy to level off and keep it from crashing when outside in open space. You can land and walk and retrieve in most of these situations. The 200 SR X is not as easy for a beginner to fly as the Blade 350 QX in Beginner mode. It will take more time to learn and control to fly but you can do it without breaking her and having to buy a lot of parts which was what we all did years ago when learning to fly a helicopter. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Seahawks
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2014
334 Posts
Quote:
JM what would you have bought instead of the 200SRX?

Thanks!!
Palm Desert Heli is offline Find More Posts by Palm Desert Heli
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
"Devil Dog"
Joined Aug 2014
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Desert Heli View Post
JM what would you have bought instead of the 200SRX?

Thanks!!
A Blade CX2 to replace the one that died. I was no where near ready for a 200SRX.