HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Not difficult at all, all he needs to do is have extensions in the bind port and carry a bind plug with him

Sort of, I run a Satellite stand alone from the CC board flex-port, conventional binding will not work

when I upload the new configuration I then have to open and change a few settings in the CC GUI that will allow the Satellite to go into bind mode WITHOUT being plugged into a receiver, disconnect from the computer, power the board, satellite will be in bind mode, Bind with TX. I then have to go back into GUI take it out of bind mode and save. It's not hard or time consuming... just a few min more than it use to be when using the DM8 module with no Model match.

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Safe to assume it's the cost of the board for just using one for two rc and not the cost of the sat rx?
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:25 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz View Post
I
Now that I'm using the DX8, model match is requiring me to rebind the satellite each time I switch between the two copters, is there any way to turn off model match? Is it possible to have 2 model memories using the same reveiver ID? I tried copying the quad memory to another slot thinking the bind data would transfer with it...nope.

Rebinding each time is not really a big deal... just a step I'm not use to doing when switching between these two small multi's.
Is it possible to use the model import to avoid rebinding? You could export the two model configurations to the SD card and then import them into the same model memory as needed. This may avoid rebinding.
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:57 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,075 Posts
The problem is that he is using different protocols (1024/22 vs. 2048/11) for the two products.

Re-binding is necessary with a module in that situation.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,609 Posts
There is a bug in the current DX10t firmware. If you enable Amps in telemetry, you cannot select the alarm values. The screen is empty.

Since there are hopefully the sensors coming (or you build them yourself), I would love to see the telemetry features better tested
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Last edited by Mukenukem; Oct 11, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Safe to assume it's the cost of the board for just using one for two rc and not the cost of the sat rx?

Neither really, Board is about $100 and satellites from $10 to $40 depending on brand name or knock-off.

why not have another boad and Satelltie? well, I just don't fly either mini enough to justify it. I hardly ever take both out at the same time and even if I did it takes around 5min to switch between the two frames... just not worth spending the money for yet another flight controler... I have

2 Copter controls
12 MultiWii based boards
And all these boards are flying at least ONE multi rotor....

I DONT NEED MORE
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:25 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
So you have all these items to control a multi copter and just one copter?

Just trying to understand, why not just use the one that works best and not have to worry about binding every time?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
So you have all these items to control a multi copter and just one copter?

Just trying to understand, why not just use the one that works best and not have to worry about binding every time

I have multi's for each board, in the case of just these two micros I share one board between the two BECAUSE I robbed the other CC board the was dedicated to the small Tri and mounted it on a FPV Tri-copter. Rather than buy yet another board I just decided it was easier to swap the one CC board between the Two mini copters.

I have 6 Tri- copters that all have dedicated boards/receivers and the one mini that shares its board/receiver with a mini Quad, total of 7 Tri-copters.

Then I have 7 quad copters that all have dedicated boards/receivers along with the small quad that shares it board/receiver with the small Tri-copter, total of 8 Quads.

I Could use a separate receiver for each of the mini's BUT I use a mounting ring that attaches to each of the mini frames as a module that the FC and also the Satellite receiver are attached too, it's just easier swapping the whole thing over as a module and rebinding than swapping it over and then changing satellite receivers.

I hope this all makes sense...

John
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:04 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Yes, was just curious.

Binding will just have to be a step you need to do when you swap out stuff.

Have fun
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:57 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
There is a bug in the current DX10t firmware. If you enable Amps in telemetry, you cannot select the alarm values. The screen is empty.

Since there are hopefully the sensors coming (or you build them yourself), I would love to see the telemetry features better tested
Has there been any info as to when we will see a current or mAH sensor?
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:05 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Has there been any info as to when we will see a current or mAH sensor?
I think some German company had them on their website. But none in the States yet.
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,609 Posts
Build it yourself ! http://rctronix.steinonline.de/wp/?p=18

It is a private project, with schematics and hex file for the Atmel !

I have built 2. One for my T-Rex 700, one for my glider. They use Powerbox and show used capacity. Currently without alarm. Piece of cake to rebuild ! And they are working fine....
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Build it yourself ! http://rctronix.steinonline.de/wp/?p=18

It is a private project, with schematics and hex file for the Atmel !

I have built 2. One for my T-Rex 700, one for my glider. They use Powerbox and show used capacity. Currently without alarm. Piece of cake to rebuild ! And they are working fine....
Then how about you build me about 5 of them and I'll gladly pay you for them
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:30 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Yes be nice if someone had them up for sale, I'd take a couple at a reasonable price.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:55 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,609 Posts
Currently my "dealer" has no 100A sensors. Also, the project of Jürgen is private. If I build them and sell them, that would be unfair. But it is really no rocket science, have a look at the schematics. A microcontroller, current sensor, voltage reglator, 2 capacitors, some resistors and a LED. Maybe he releases a layout, too.