SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
DX-18 Update 1.03

Been flying my UltraBandit now for 12 flawless flights with the DX-18 /1222 DSM2 combo. Minimal Fades compared to my 12X..... Full house with TM1000, GPS, JetCat Sensor, Altitude, Airspeed, and G meter----->STi.

Question is: What is the RF Binding update specifically adressing in the 1.03 update? Is there any need to re-bind after the update?

TA
Tom Antlfinger is offline Find More Posts by Tom Antlfinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:28 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Dx18 Thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...585650&page=69

Improved RF binding performance
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:06 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Antlfinger View Post
Been flying my UltraBandit now for 12 flawless flights with the DX-18 /1222 DSM2 combo. Minimal Fades compared to my 12X..... Full house with TM1000, GPS, JetCat Sensor, Altitude, Airspeed, and G meter----->STi.
Sounds great, Tom!

Quote:
Question is: What is the RF Binding update specifically adressing in the 1.03 update? Is there any need to re-bind after the update?
It addresses the need that some guys (not all) had that meant they needed to hold the tx against the rx antenna, usually on the ultra-micro models. You don't need to re-bind after updating.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Thanks Andy......and Freechip......:>)
Tom Antlfinger is offline Find More Posts by Tom Antlfinger
Last edited by Tom Antlfinger; Oct 10, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Hi Andy,
I am an avid model airplane pilot from Germany. Since 4 years I fly with the spektrum systems without problems. In February 2012 I bought a DX10t with software version 1.02. Even so I was always very happy. 4 weeks ago I made a software update to 1.04 and have many interferences and holds about 250 meters at different gliders. The radio was posted to the service, and completely changed. I was very happy about the new DX10t, but now there are some more problems.
1. 4 models with AR6255, AR9000 with 2 satellites and AR7000 with 1 satellite have many problems with the range. 5 to 10 holds for a 10 minute flight. This is too much! With my first DX10t with airware 1.02 I have not this problems.
2. This receivers you can bind only after 3 to 5 attempts. When binding, there are too many failed attempts.
3. An AR 5000 receivers can not be bound.
But the model can be flown without problems!
4. For receivers which were bound with DSM2, you can not see the transmission method DSM2 or DSMX in the left tupper corner, why?
Can you help me? The service advises me to a renewed Update 1.04 from the community site. I have already 1.04 in the DX10t. What can I do?
Sorry for my bad english!
Bernd
emodell is offline Find More Posts by emodell
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,075 Posts
1) One hold is too many!
2) What happens if the transmitter antenna is against the receiver antenna? Can you contact Horizon DE about this?
3) This is because the radio transmits DSM2 when it thinks it is un-bound. It has to transmit something, and DSM2 22ms/1024 is the lowest it supports, so that is what it sends.
4) I have never seen this. I suspect this is the same as 2 and 3, though, based on your other comments.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
I've ran into a little problem using my new DX8 in place of my DM8 module and 9C.

With the module I didn't have model match, nice feature to have but it's causing an inconvenience when using using a satellite and Copter control board.

I use the copter control board W/ satellite on a micro quad and Tri copter, switching between the two is simply unhooking the ESC leads removing 3 nuts and mounting the module on the tri or quad. I then flash the board with the correct configuration and fly... well I use to without model match!

Now that I'm using the DX8, model match is requiring me to rebind the satellite each time I switch between the two copters, is there any way to turn off model match? Is it possible to have 2 model memories using the same reveiver ID? I tried copying the quad memory to another slot thinking the bind data would transfer with it...nope.

Rebinding each time is not really a big deal... just a step I'm not use to doing when switching between these two small multi's.

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Receiver not only learns the radio coding but also the memory location. So each time you change model memory using the same receiver you will need to rebind.

No way to turn off model match.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:04 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
Model Match is based on the Tx Id and the model memory position.You may be able to defeat it by binding the Board and Remote to say Model 1.Then after you swap and reflash the board Copy the other model file to the position the Rx is bound to.Im not sure this would work but you can try it.
The best thing to do is probably to rebind when you swap.Less chance of a mistake/accident.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Receiver not only learns the radio coding but also the memory location. So each time you change model memory using the same receiver you will need to rebind.

No way to turn off model match.

bummer, in this case anyway. thanks for the info.

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:19 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
You can bind two Rx simultaneously to a DX8 if it is in DSM2 not DSMX mode. Not sure if this will get around the problem.???
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz View Post
bummer, in this case anyway. thanks for the info.

John
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
His problem is that he's using one receiver for two rc and changes model programming.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:39 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
Ah, thanks. More difficult problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
His problem is that he's using one receiver for two rc and changes model programming.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:49 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Ah, thanks. More difficult problem.
Not diffucult at all, all he needs to do is have extensions in the bind port and carry a bind plug with him.

For what ever reasons one would want to only use one receiver for multiple rc then with model match one needs to BIND when changing model memory.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:53 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
OK, you win. What I should have said is "More difficult solution"
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Not diffucult at all, all he needs to do is have extensions in the bind port and carry a bind plug with him.

For what ever reasons one would want to only use one receiver for multiple rc then with model match one needs to BIND when changing model memory.