SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 14, 2014, 08:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2014
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangnamit View Post
Here are the gws 5043 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAPLC&P=ML

They have 4mm shaft holes you need drill out to 5.5 or so to fit the prop adapter.
Thank You. So I have to drill them out then. Rats is nothing in this hobby easy? LOL.

Is there a prop adapter that will work instead?
Little Cow is offline Find More Posts by Little Cow
Last edited by Little Cow; Sep 14, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:55 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Johnnymeg's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,204 Posts
You'll Have to drill them out, the prop adaptors are silly for being the wrong size. Its not hard just place the hub flat and run the drill fast without too much pressure and it will just bore the hole out.

Did you get the wing back together yet ?
Johnnymeg is offline Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2014
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
You'll Have to drill them out, the prop adaptors are silly for being the wrong size. Its not hard just place the hub flat and run the drill fast without too much pressure and it will just bore the hole out.

Did you get the wing back together yet ?
Almost. Now I am just waiting on the props as the spare was pretty bent.

The only repair I am worried about is the elevon tear/break. I have to test if it hold up or is to stiff to fly right.

Do you have a sale right now. Any chance on me getting a deal?
Little Cow is offline Find More Posts by Little Cow
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2014, 01:41 PM
Registered User
Bookstar75's Avatar
Joined Feb 2005
552 Posts
Hey guys,
I bought one of these wings and it has become my FAVORITE little plane! LOVE IT!!!
Well, today I left my wing outside and we have a puppy and it decided to eat it!!! Its gone...the puppy even chewed up my electronics Im super sad. But it was my fault!

Im on a limited budget and would more then love to buy a new one, but cannot really afford $125 right now. I am wondering if anyone has a used one (with the same type of fast set up that Johnny uses) that would like to sell to me for cheaper? If so, please PM me. I can pay through PAYPAL. I live in Minnesota.

Thanks!!!!
Bookstar75 is offline Find More Posts by Bookstar75
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:28 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Johnnymeg's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,204 Posts
Haha that's terrible. I shouldn't be laughing. I sent you a pm hope that will help.
Johnnymeg is offline Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 09:24 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2014
539 Posts
Hey If I post my dx6 2014 .spm file is there anyone that can adjust it for mixing?

Just wondering out loud. Thanks
Little Cow is offline Find More Posts by Little Cow
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 07:44 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Azarr's Avatar
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Cow View Post
Hey If I post my dx6 2014 .spm file is there anyone that can adjust it for mixing?

Just wondering out loud. Thanks
What type of mixing do you need? If you have wing type elevons selected, the elevon mix is just automatic. I've never tried editing an spm file, but here's mine from my 18. Set up a new model using this and see if it works for you. Or you can open it in Wordpad and see how it compares to your file.

If you have some specific questions re your transmitter, you might want to ask in this thread. Andy Kunz who is the Spektrum software developer monitors the thread and is more than helpful.

You probably need to rename it ---------- Mini PopWing.spm

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Sep 17, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:07 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Johnnymeg's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,204 Posts
The mix I was trying to figure out is the aileron to elevator mix. So basically when he banks the plane left or right it adds a little bit of up elevator so he can begin his turns instead of the wing rolling and dropping.
Johnnymeg is offline Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:27 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Azarr's Avatar
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
The mix I was trying to figure out is the aileron to elevator mix. So basically when he banks the plane left or right it adds a little bit of up elevator so he can begin his turns instead of the wing rolling and dropping.
That's just a standard mix in the DX6, Aileron master - elevator slave and can be done with any available P-mix. FWIW, I had a similar problem on my first flight, almost like it would tip stall in a tight turn, adding up elevator just made it worse. I ended up adding 9g of weight to each wing tip and once the CG was sorted out, add down thrust (washer under the bottom motor screws) to get it to not climb severely when throttle was applied.

Our weather has turned cold and the evening light is getting shorter. Definitely a fun wing and a nice power combo, looking forward to more flights this weekend.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
5 Posts
Are these pretty much prebuilt? And what is cost...think I saw $125 somewhere??
19th_AT is offline Find More Posts by 19th_AT
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2014, 04:10 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Azarr's Avatar
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19th_AT View Post
Are these pretty much prebuilt? And what is cost...think I saw $125 somewhere??
http://www.team-legit.com/ Basically you just have to glue on the tip plates, everything else is done for you.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2014, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2014
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
What type of mixing do you need? If you have wing type elevons selected, the elevon mix is just automatic. I've never tried editing an spm file, but here's mine from my 18. Set up a new model using this and see if it works for you. Or you can open it in Wordpad and see how it compares to your file.

If you have some specific questions re your transmitter, you might want to ask in this thread. Andy Kunz who is the Spektrum software developer monitors the thread and is more than helpful.

You probably need to rename it ---------- Mini PopWing.spm

Azarr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
The mix I was trying to figure out is the aileron to elevator mix. So basically when he banks the plane left or right it adds a little bit of up elevator so he can begin his turns instead of the wing rolling and dropping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
That's just a standard mix in the DX6, Aileron master - elevator slave and can be done with any available P-mix. FWIW, I had a similar problem on my first flight, almost like it would tip stall in a tight turn, adding up elevator just made it worse. I ended up adding 9g of weight to each wing tip and once the CG was sorted out, add down thrust (washer under the bottom motor screws) to get it to not climb severely when throttle was applied.

Our weather has turned cold and the evening light is getting shorter. Definitely a fun wing and a nice power combo, looking forward to more flights this weekend.

Azarr
Thank You very much. Sorry for the late reply. Just busy busy busy. I will try it out this weekend if I get a chance and post results. Thanks!
Little Cow is offline Find More Posts by Little Cow
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2014, 09:33 PM
Registered User
RacingJake's Avatar
Joined Jul 2013
159 Posts
Tonight was a fun night to fly ! We had some big clouds that the city lights lite up and the green leds looked great in the air.

I wish I had another person there or should of brought my cap-cam cause off to the left we had alot of cloud to cloud lightning and a pic or video of the mini popwing flying with all the lightning would looked awesome too!

I fly across the street from a Super Wal-Mart and from what I hear I'm getting a big crowd of people just looking up at the night sky trying to figure out what it is
RacingJake is offline Find More Posts by RacingJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2014, 02:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2008
5 Posts
Simulate the insanely fast mini pop wing

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so I don't know if it has already been shared before, if it has, then I apologize for repeating.

If you wish to practice the insanely fast mini pop wing in RealFlight, here is a model that is close to the mini pop wing in terms of wingspan, motor etc:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=12719
sensorboy is offline Find More Posts by sensorboy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2014, 08:56 PM
Please excuse me..
represent's Avatar
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
807 Posts
Got mine today. As many people who have come before me have said, this is possibly the most fun $120 I've spent in RC.

Maidened by myself on battery 1, only took a few minutes to trim out. I had 3 dual rates set up, and the lowest rate worked great. Went and took my parents to lunch and stopped by the park to show it to them for battery 2, they couldn't believe how fast it was! They've seen me flying things since high school and 10 years later they said this was their favorite plane.

I ordered more batteries. Nice work Johnny
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Blade 130 X BNF brand new, factory sealed KiTCyclic Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Jul 09, 2012 08:53 PM
For Sale Brand new V1 Beast BNF josephcharles Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 14, 2012 09:10 PM
Sold SOLD INSANE HORSEPOWER NEW Jett F.I.R.E. .50 & Pipe fierce Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Mar 08, 2012 06:38 PM
For Sale Brand New MSRX BNF with new gear and battery reaper60 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 04, 2012 05:26 AM