Mar 27, 2015, 05:22 PM
ancora imparo
Apologies for the obvious question, but you are sure the satellite is the correct version for the receiver? You cannnot mix a DSM2 sat with a DSMX Rx and vice versa. They look the same.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2015, 07:43 AM
ancora imparo

Revised Instructions

I have posted slightly revised instructions for the Lemon Receivers on the Instructions thread here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...97&postcount=2

There is minor rewording to clarify some things and inclusion of a notification of the new EU changes to DSMX transmitters, but the major change is a correction to the description of default fail-safe modes for the receivers which have a User Preset Failsafe button.

A user spotted an error in the original version and alerted us to it. Thanks Jeff!
Mar 28, 2015, 01:54 PM
I have tried it close and far away. Also I have about 20 of the regular $5 lemons that work fine. Just the dsmx ones that won't bind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
Have you made sure you have ample distance between the transmitter and the receiver? In most cases, binding works fine at fairly close range but some receivers require the transmitter to be 1-2m away and one of mine would only bind at nearly 3m.

Also, are you holding the bind button too long? It should be released when you see a change in the receiver light. That is, roughly when it goes to slower blink. In some cases, holding all the way through the bind process can cause problems.

If that doesn't do it, I'd be inclined to look for help on a Taranis/OpenTX forum. This sounds more like an issue between the transmitter (OpenTX firmware) and the module, rather than a receiver issue per se.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:55 PM
Anyone having trouble emailing lemon-rx ...???
I have had and order in for several days and it doesn't show as shipped. I tried to email and ask when it would ship , and the email bounced back...
Help...!!!
Rod
Mar 30, 2015, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrleap
Anyone having trouble emailing lemon-rx ...???
I have had and order in for several days and it doesn't show as shipped. I tried to email and ask when it would ship , and the email bounced back...
Help...!!!
Rod
I had similar experience recently, my last order took 2 weeks to ship. My previous 2 orders all shipped within days. Email went unanswered.
Mar 30, 2015, 02:22 AM
they posted a few pages back. they're in the middle of moving premises so there will be a short delay. two weeks was mentioned but I can't remember from what date. look back a few pages for fmak's posts (they have green highlighting on the left panel)
Mar 30, 2015, 08:14 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo42
I have tried it close and far away. Also I have about 20 of the regular $5 lemons that work fine. Just the dsmx ones that won't bind
Have you tried forcing your Tx to use DSM2 vs DSMX? That may tell you something about the signal being transmitted from the Tx that would require reconfiguring.
Don
Mar 30, 2015, 08:59 AM
I lost the antennas on my dsm2 6 channel. Anybody have a replacement idea?
Mar 30, 2015, 09:02 AM
Hopeless Quad/Heli addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
I lost the antennas on my dsm2 6 channel. Anybody have a replacement idea?
All you should need is a piece of wire trimmed to ~31mm.
Mar 30, 2015, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmon77
All you should need is a piece of wire trimmed to ~31mm.
Piece of servo wire work?
Mar 30, 2015, 09:33 AM
Hopeless Quad/Heli addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
Piece of servo wire work?
That should work just fine
Mar 30, 2015, 12:00 PM
68 years an RC flyer
The 31mm length is theoretical and doesn't allow for the portion of the antenna on the circuit board, or the effect on tuning of the circuit to which it's attached.

The actual length of the antenna wires, measured from the edge of the circuit board, is 25-26mm. (This measured on six various Lemon 6-channel receivers.)

Note that a longer antenna will likely reduce range somewhat. It's probably not that critical but there's no reason not to get it right.

Cut the wire a bit long, solder in place, then trim to length.

Be sure to reinforce the soldered portion with Goop or similar to prevent breakage. Some people also glue on a piece of round toothpick to support the antenna wires.

Any time you mess with the antenna or change the installation, you should do a careful reduced power range check. It should give at least 25m with solid control.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:24 PM

Lemon-Rx

Great...!!
Thanks for all the heads up on Lemon shipping delays...!!
I can relax a little now.... LOL
Mar 30, 2015, 02:05 PM
I have a dsm2/x dx7 upgrade question. I've moved to another brand system that has a more compact telemetry setup built into ever receiver at a good price. However, I still like the bnf planes that support the dsm2/x setup, as well as the lemon rec prices. Some really nice BNF planes I think we all agree!
I'm not requiring much more memories and model mix config that my Original DX7 can provide but I do want to have X capabilities since dsm2 seems to be phasing out.
Mo think spending less than $100 for a good working dx7 upgrade will satisfy all my needs and I know the original owner, me.

I called Spektrum tec to ask about the final outcome of the mod operationally, but no call back in over an hour and still waiting.
I'm thought I'd just ask here hoping Andy or others could advise me in what I'll end up with.
I'm thinking being I'm in the USA, I'll get both dsm2 and X capability? If so, how does one tell the tx what mode to be in? Is there a menu option added? A new manual?
My local club has 6 dx7's for trainer systems so I'm sure we'll upgrade them if mine works out. I'm sure we'll want to use only x receivers and see no reason not to buy and try lemon's. I think we want to go the X receiver technology for any replacement receivers being a very busy field.
Thanks for any advice that helps me decide to send mine in for the upgrade.
SM
Mar 30, 2015, 02:33 PM
I have not had my DX7 done, but did have my 9303 updated.

After conversion the Tx selects the appropriate protocol at bind on a per model basis and stores that data with the rest of that model's parameters. It does not tell you what is selected. However, you can confirm by cyclic the receiver power without cycling the tx. DSM2 receivers will flash the orange LED to indicate power interruption. DSMX receivers will have caused the Tx to use DSMX at bind so will be operating in DSMX mode and will not flash the LED after an Rx power cycle.

Quick Reply