HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2015, 03:28 AM
Joined Oct 2013
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
That's very pretty ,I do like those canopy's I just find them too fragile for my piloting.
paint the inside with a thin layer of plasti-dip, works great
porcupine5 is offline Find More Posts by porcupine5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2015, 04:31 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoace View Post
I much prefer the fp100 v1.......Got 2 of 'em, both tweaked for lift/thrust and stability....They are both very punchy.....That being said.......There's no such thing as too much power....I'd love to be able to purchase a brushless version to tinker and play around with if for nothing else than just longer flight times........Yea, an Hfp100s(v1) would rock ......... Kato
+1! Was really disappointed with the V2, it didn't bank!! Have added spacers for more pitch and fitted bulleted HCP blades to the V1 which add a little bit of stability back to offset the lowered headspeed. It's flying the best ever.

Tried an HCP motor but didn't increase headspeed and some 9T pinions have just arrived to fit on the HCP motor (slightly longer can so should have more oomph). Great bird for training the 3 axis skills, possibly even a little harder to fly than the HCP. Just ordered a second
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Jan 27, 2015, 07:33 AM
Master
Weilbach, Germany
Joined May 2001
2,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subpixel View Post
I don't think any of them will work at all, even if any of them do work it would only be in 3axis mode, best off asking HiSky_Official about it though
Thanks for that. The reason for asking is that I fly Mode 4 and HiSky doesn't offer that.

Chris P
ChrisP is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP
Old Jan 27, 2015, 09:44 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingboats View Post
+1! Was really disappointed with the V2, it didn't bank!! Have added spacers for more pitch and fitted bulleted HCP blades to the V1 which add a little bit of stability back to offset the lowered headspeed. It's flying the best ever.

Tried an HCP motor but didn't increase headspeed and some 9T pinions have just arrived to fit on the HCP motor (slightly longer can so should have more oomph). Great bird for training the 3 axis skills, possibly even a little harder to fly than the HCP. Just ordered a second
I am also disappointed with the HFP100 V2.

I don't have a HFP100 V1 but I like my HCP80 V1 and HFP80 V1 better.

My HFP100 V2 is also erratic at times. I found 2 issues with the head:

1. The swash has vertical brackets for the balls. There is very limited clearance for the links. The swash links would rub against the brackets with a bigger throw. There is binding on mine, stopping the servo to go back after a full aile. Normally we don't expect long vertical brackets there unless we have long stands for the balls to extend them out.

2. The feathering shaft with clips was installed badly from factory that one side of the hub was clipped off to allow the clip to get on. The hub was distorted and the shaft would not be able to move evenly. Basically the dampers won't work. Normally we should have a pair of washers on each end since the blade grips do not have any bearings for the clips/hub to rub against. Anyway we should have more clearance there even if we are too cheap to provide any sliding surface in between.

And I broke one ball off the blade grip when pulling the link off to check the hub. I am not impressed at all.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; Jan 27, 2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:44 PM
Bryan, Texas
Joined Jun 2014
82 Posts
HCP100 manual

Does anyone know where online I can find a manual for the HiSky HCP100?
riverrat88 is offline Find More Posts by riverrat88
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:55 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,423 Posts
I was pretty happy with my HFP100 V2. It was a relaxing lunch time flyer, for the last 6 months. Until yesterday when it lost its marbles. Forward flight became reverse. After checking all the TX settings and re-binding it behaved for a few seconds, and then reversed its self into the Oak tree line river bed. At least I still have my HCP 80 and 100 to take its place.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:29 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat88 View Post
Does anyone know where online I can find a manual for the HiSky HCP100?
I downloaded one from somewhere but I can't post it here, it's a 10 MB PDF file. I thought I got it from the MassiveRC site but I can't find it there any more.

PM me with a valid email address and I can try and send it to you.
dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
France, Upper Normandy, Rouen
Joined Jan 2014
416 Posts
Here is HobbyKing FBL100 manual (same bird):
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...X161601X40.pdf
sdelaroq is offline Find More Posts by sdelaroq