SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:02 AM
When are you no long a newbie
USA, MA, Maynard
Joined Jul 2010
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_SC View Post
One of my projects this winter while I'm not flying is to setup my planes as Gliders. These are all 3D type airplanes.
Hey Neil, will you help me setup my Extra MX on my 14SG?
Got a few flights in today with my foamies before tomorrow 's snow.
Probably will have to stick with helicopters for the next few weeks.
Dany
dpelletier is online now Find More Posts by dpelletier
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2015, 01:33 AM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelletier View Post
Hey Neil, will you help me setup my Extra MX on my 14SG?
Got a few flights in today with my foamies before tomorrow 's snow.
Probably will have to stick with helicopters for the next few weeks.
Dany
Hey Dan. First time I've seen a club member on RCGroups. Cool. So how many flights do you have on your MX now? If you've flown it, you must have done something right on the 14SG Like I said above, I've set all of my models up in Aircraft mode but I'm planning on creating Glider mode versions to take advantage of flight conditions and such. I plan on scratch building a foamie this winter that will utilize butterfly mixing with the flaps and ailerons and that apparently can only be done in Glider mode. I'm also planning on buying an FMS 67" Corsair EPO foam warbird and will want two flap settings. Apparently you can only do that in Glider mode. Are you planning on making the club auction Sunday?
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:06 AM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
951 Posts
What are the chances that Futaba will offer a receiver like the Spekrum PowerSafe RX with a dual power supply bus?
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Jan 25, 2015, 03:12 PM
When are you no long a newbie
USA, MA, Maynard
Joined Jul 2010
127 Posts
I've not yet built my MX... takes me a long LONG time to build things, even ARFs.

The nice thing about not having model match on the Futaba system, other than the telemetry, is that you can have more than one model setup on your transmitter for the same receiver and aircraft. So you could create new Glider models and still keep your Airplane models as backup.
I may do mine in Glider mode as well from the start even if I keep real basic to start.
Being a helicopter guy, I am accustomed to using flight conditions.
Dany
dpelletier is online now Find More Posts by dpelletier
Old Jan 26, 2015, 02:08 PM
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Here is what I would do. I would open up the radio, remove the ratchet spring (flat metal plate), bend it so that it pushes harder on the ratchet and re-attach it. Test until you get the feel that you want.

- Birger
...Remember its metal rubbing against plastic though... too much pressure will wear it down...
ripacheco is offline Find More Posts by ripacheco