Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by RocketRobin
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
694 Posts
Discussion
Man Dies in Micro RC Aircraft Accident

City considers restrictions on RC aircraft usage.

During the late afternoon on Saturday 18.04.15 a man was observed flying a small radio controlled aircraft at Prince's Island Park, in the middle of the city of Calgary Alberta Canada. Some observers described it as a model of a P-51 Mustang, which is apparently a world war two era fighter-bomber plane.

After several minutes a heavy set man wearing an ill fitting suit and a plaid jacket ran into the park and began chasing the plane, screaming in a shrill voice, “Birdie, birdie, birdie!!!” over and over again.
Soon after the model landed on the grass and the heavy set man pounced on it and stuffed the entire model into his mouth. A few seconds later the man appeared to be in distress and was rolling around on the ground. A small crowd had gathered and several observers called EMS on their cell phones, whilst others took pictures and texted them to their friends. Those equipped with more expensive smart phones vied for the best video shots.

A tall unkempt elderly man wearing a very short black three piece suit, rubber boots and well worn ten gallon cowboy hat made of straw embossed plastic showed up, shook his head and proclaimed, “He ain't never ate a styrofoam airplane before! He ate bugs and beetles, baby birds in the nests and duckling oft the pond. He ain't never ate a styrofoam airplane before.”

Minutes later Emergency Medical Services showed up, performed a tracheotomy on the patient and rushed the suffocating man to Boothills Hospital. Upon verification that his health care card was valid, he was immediately sent for X-ray, ultrasound, CT scans and blood tests. 14 hours later he was sent to surgery, where the physician proclaimed him to be dead. Said the doctor, “ He had a little styrofoam propeller end thing stuck in his esophagus. If I had gotten to him 10 hours sooner he'd be drinking his food out of a styrofoam cup right now”.

Reporters form Globalcity News asked mayor Naheed Nenshi if there was anything he could do, Nenshi responded, “ Well, we don't have the provincial or national funding to get foam eating homeless people off our streets, so our only choice is to ban foam model airplanes from our parks.”
When asked if wooden models would be banned too, Nenshi appeared to be incredulous. “Do you mean these people are eating wood too!?!? I thought it was the rich elite that were chopping down the trees in the parks to improve their view of the skyline. Excuse me, I have a hair appointment.”

There it is in black and white. 50 (FIFTY!!!) grams of flying death. Will you allow this in your city parks?

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by alset
Gunbarrel, CO
Joined Dec 2006
128 Posts
That is exactly why I ALWAYS build with balsa and tissue.
alset is offline Find More Posts by alset
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:08 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alset View Post
That is exactly why I ALWAYS build with balsa and tissue.
Studies show that 80% of the world's population doesn't use tissue. They use their left hand.

Cheers!
Rocket
Old Apr 18, 2015, 01:27 AM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
800 Posts
For a second I thought this was serious. Then I saw who posted it and my mind changed.
Julezwatts is offline Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Apr 18, 2015, 02:00 AM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
For a second I thought this was serious. Then I saw who posted it and my mind changed.
Haven't you seen Tropic Thunder? You never go full retard.

Cheers!
Rocket
Old Apr 18, 2015, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by OldRCNut
Still Flying
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Mar 2013
178 Posts
We Need to be Cared For

Rocket,

Good point.

We need the government to protect us from ourselves. It's a wonder we have gotton as old as we have without more government control in our lives.

Fly while you still can,
OldRCNut is offline Find More Posts by OldRCNut
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
5,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRobin View Post
There it is in black and white. 50 (FIFTY!!!) grams of flying death. Will you allow this in your city parks?

Cheers!
Rocket
Oh my!

I suppose some of us are in great danger. I know! We'll have to outlaw public parks.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Apr 18, 2015, 07:12 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
694 Posts
At this time Prime Minister Stephen Harper has set aside 6.5 billion to finance a Royal Commission to investigate the immediate impacts of flying Styrofoam in public parks.
When queried about the costs of such a study, Mr. Harper replied, "The last Royal Commision on sewage was a monumental success. Now we know why sometimes feces float, like senators!"

Cheers!
Rocket
Last edited by RocketRobin; Apr 18, 2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by alset
Gunbarrel, CO
Joined Dec 2006
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRobin View Post
Studies show that 80% of the world's population doesn't use tissue. They use their left hand.
I wonder if that's why I'm having trouble with my planes. I launch them with my left hand. They all fly like crap.
alset is offline Find More Posts by alset
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by Speedy Gonzales
Joined Nov 2012
178 Posts
Nope. Your left hand is not appropriately trimmed. Check relevant posts using search tool. Cos will not let left hand newbies pollute the fieces post.
Speedy Gonzales is offline Find More Posts by Speedy Gonzales
Old Apr 20, 2015, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,247 Posts
I put vicks and chilli sauce on my planes to stop them eating them...
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid