Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenDrumstick View Post
What website?
RCGroups, a little ways back in the sport cub s thread...
Julezwatts is offline Find More Posts by Julezwatts
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2015, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by schuey19
Australia, NSW, Forest Hill
Joined Sep 2013
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
The CC will not be continued. Dave from Horizon confirmed a little while ago that there are no plans to halt the production run.

Many Hobby stores and Model Flight were reporting that the CC was discontinued, which was apparently a massive spread of misinformation. It could be the same with the P-51. I'd suggest ordering the Mustang off of the website if your hobby store isn't stocking them.
Midelflight are listing the CC again, but now at $229 AUD, 30 more than it used to be. Glad I raced out and got one when I did, esp as I got it for 140!

Back to Mustang, mine is starting to show signs of tiredness. Roll rate to the right is fine, but lazy to the left. Checked the controls internally, and all seems well, servo is noisy though so I regularly lube it with fine motor oil.
schuey19 is online now Find More Posts by schuey19
Old Mar 06, 2015, 11:22 PM
Find More Posts by rbwood
3D Printed RC Planes
Joined Nov 2014
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeu48 View Post
Idea...
When you turn on the trans make sure the throttle AND throttle trim are all the way down. Then connect the plane battery and try it. This happened to me the other day and making sure the throttle trim was zeroed out solved it...
Thanks, that fixed it! After months of messing with it and getting a new motor, and trying different things, just turning down the trim fixed it. Haven't flown it yet, but I'll probably take it out tomorrow.

Thanks!
rbwood is offline Find More Posts by rbwood
Old Mar 07, 2015, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by Throttlehold
United States, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Sep 2014
2 Posts
Servo reversed by itself

Has anyone had a servo reverse by itself without going into the transmitter settings and actually changing it? Here's what happened to me today: I was flying my P51 and crashed it into a lightpole (I was distracted at the moment). The plane fell to the ground. I inspected it and it looked fine so I tried to take of again. It immediately rolled and flew into the ground. I did this a couple more times before I realized the ailerons were reversed! I went into the settings and set the ailerons to reverse and they were right direction again and then I was able to fly it.

Any ideas how the ailerons reversed on their own? Could it have been the crash? Any insights appreciated.
Throttlehold is offline Find More Posts by Throttlehold
Old Mar 11, 2015, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by bergenflier
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
Today I unofficially maidened my P-51D w/ AS3X. It was in the air for only 15 seconds after 2 flights so that does not count as a maiden. I had a tiny block of ice up the nose but I shook it out. If there is any more ice, it should be melting and draining from the P51's 3 holes by the tail. It was pretty nice in the air! Had to land it since a Red-Tailed Hawk tried to make a dive for it.
bergenflier is offline Find More Posts by bergenflier
Old Apr 02, 2015, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by kelchm
United States, PA, Shippensburg
Joined Jan 2015
47 Posts
Just took mine out for a first flight today. It flew very well despite having some wind.

I did find that I really couldn't get the battery far enough forward that I didn't need some significant down trim -- is that normal?
kelchm is offline Find More Posts by kelchm
Old Apr 02, 2015, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by bergenflier
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
The UM warbirds CG's freuqently shift beyond the battery bay- forward or backward.
bergenflier is offline Find More Posts by bergenflier
Old Apr 05, 2015, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by GBLynden
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelchm View Post
Just took mine out for a first flight today. It flew very well despite having some wind.

I did find that I really couldn't get the battery far enough forward that I didn't need some significant down trim -- is that normal?
That is normal and see the video below to show how no LG can amplify that issue even more.

First flight with no landing gear!

Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 Mustang BNF WWII Warbird - First Flight With No Landing Gear (2 min 1 sec)
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Apr 06, 2015, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by pjdog350
Joined Apr 2013
1,004 Posts
The P-51 is a great flier! Good job GBLynden.

jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
Old Apr 06, 2015, 11:51 PM
Find More Posts by GBLynden
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdog350 View Post
The P-51 is a great flier! Good job GBLynden.

jack
Thank you sir and yes it is!
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Apr 08, 2015, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney
Toronto Canada
Joined Dec 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlehold View Post
Any ideas how the ailerons reversed on their own? Could it have been the crash? Any insights appreciated.
I had the same thing happen to me on another AS3X aircraft.

In the manual there are instructions on how to reverse the ailerons for the AS3X. I've forgotten the entire procedure, but part of it it involves moving the sticks to the extreme upper left and in my case I believe that this happened when I was flying in windy conditions just before a crash.
Martyn McKinney is offline Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney