Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 01, 2006, 10:31 AM
Its Falling With Style
Dallas
Joined Jan 2005
344 Posts
Discussion
phoenix set up

I just got my phoenix sim last night as well as my new futaba 7chp. I got it set up last night had started flying around just fine, but I need help tweaking. I'm new to sims so I don't know whats standard.

- What is the best way to switch between heli and planes?
I go to the your controller menu and switch between futaba w/ collective ( I set up w/ the V shaped throttle curve, if I move that back to / and set up a normal, idle 1 and idle 2 in the controller will that have the same effect?) and just futaba for planes. I don't change my controller at all.

Should I switch between models in my controllers memory? (e.g. set up my controller as I would for a heli but switch off ccpm for helis, and then switch to a plane set up like I normally fly. Would I need to set up differently if I used a plane on the sim w/ elevons vs a regular 4ch)

Will my dual rate switch and idle up switch work even though they're not assigned channels?

My flap/ hover pitch knob ...channel 6 also does not seem to move much of the red bar during and after calibration. I don't know if thats a problem.
comets8518 is offline Find More Posts by comets8518
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2006, 11:57 AM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
to get full functionality you need to use the pitch control in the transmitter. i use one memory on the simulator.

first in phoenix in the control profile

Aileron = Channel 1
elevator = Channel 2
throttle = Channel 3
rudder = channel 4
gear = channel 5
collective pitch = channel 6
engine tilt (for the tilt rotor model) = channel 7
tick the "governor throttle cut out" tick box at the bottom

in the radio set the the radio to helicopter mode using swash 1

enable throttle hold
leave the throttle curve in normal mode standard 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100%
enable idle up 1 and 2 set the throttle curves to 100, 75, 50, 75 and 100%
inhibit hover pitch and hover throttle
assign channel 5 to switch B
assign channel 7 to switch A

that will get helis flying as you want them simply use normal mode for flying planes.
Ade is offline Find More Posts by Ade
Old Dec 01, 2006, 12:16 PM
Its Falling With Style
Dallas
Joined Jan 2005
344 Posts
sounds great.

Being new to heli radios I have one further question.

There is one 3 point switch on the top left of my radio. I guess switch G. I believe its Channel 5 and is currently set for gear"

I assumed that was used to switch between normal, idle 1, and idle 2. is that correct?

I just read assign switch b to ch 5 and a to ch 7. makes more sense now since I can move g away from ch 5.
thanks a lot for the help.
comets8518 is offline Find More Posts by comets8518
Old Dec 01, 2006, 12:57 PM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
no probs

Ade
Ade is offline Find More Posts by Ade