HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:18 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenV1 View Post
Just something about the freewing that don't look right, nacelles look too long!
Anyboby tell me more about the Hc Mossie, is it still available!
I have the P/Z but still haven't built since Christmas. lack of scale props kill's it for me!
the hc hobby mossy has 1 real good thing going for it the scale retracts and timed doors apart from that in my opinion i didnt like it i bought the hc hobby b25 though thats a nice scale adaptation

i know what u mean about the mossy props not being scale and that was something i had a personal issue with but those 2 bladers give it all it needs in the air in standard 3s form this pz mossy flies so well it should b spending more time in the air than in the hanger so those 3 bladers arnt an issue for me anymore
u should get that mossy strait out and build it ur gonna kick urself for not doing it sooner when u see how she flies

jeff
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:18 AM
Gear jammin,Foam crackin!
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Apr 2013
1,278 Posts
Got me going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus1 View Post
Was just admiring my P47 this morning after flying in perfect calm conditions... Call it summer bliss!
Yeah, she does look good. And this morning is perfect for a little juggling. And since the LHS just got me a new Jug kit, time to take advantage of the dead calm.

Sean
RavenV1 is offline Find More Posts by RavenV1
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:20 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,476 Posts
I can't really comment on the scale flaws of the Freewing. I'm not really that knowledgeable about mosquito's. I do not own the plane or any Freewing but I was very impressed with the quality level on my friends mossie. Real nice foam quality, sprung metal struts, correct clam shell gear doors etc.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:24 AM
Gear jammin,Foam crackin!
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Apr 2013
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
the hc hobby mossy has 1 real good thing going for it the scale retracts and timed doors apart from that in my opinion i didnt like it i bought the hc hobby b25 though thats a nice scale adaptation

i know what u mean about the mossy props not being scale and that was something i had a personal issue with but those 2 bladers give it all it needs in the air in standard 3s form this pz mossy flies so well it should b spending more time in the air than in the hanger so those 3 bladers arnt an issue for me anymore
u should get that mossy strait out and build it ur gonna kick urself for not doing it sooner when u see how she flies

jeff
A fellow has one at the LFL and I do mean too. Just too many others to fly at the moment! Been trying to kill my Dynam Trojan and P-51 just to open up a couple slots on the wall. Guess I'll have to fly them harder. Could be a good day today though, expecting big turnout at the flightline. Time to put the combat boots on
RavenV1 is offline Find More Posts by RavenV1
Old Aug 17, 2014, 02:43 PM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
176 Posts
mayday mayday

whilst we r on the subject all the talk about hc hobby inspired me to get my b25 in the air after about 6 months of being grounded due to no props...
so i went out this morning and got some new 10x7 apc 2 bladers
fitted the model up and did all the checks ..i run her up 2 see what sort of pull i was gonna get and in holding the model back bursting the throttle the new props provided near twice the static thrust of the previous 3 bladers

so off to the field with a very stiff breeze to say the least
up she went and was performing flawlessly after a couple of high circuits to get her trimmed out i brought her in low for a nice eye level pass...so i could admire my new paint scheme i powered out of the pass pulling her up vertical the apc giving very good climb rate....then BZZZZZZZZ the right motor had worked its way out of its mount and was dancing inside the cowl

i turned up wind but had far to much altitude to bring her in i tried not to use the throttle much as i pulled her round in the circuit dropping my alt coming down wind with a 5lb model and no power all i could do was try and keep her level while she dropped like a brick

this is what happend nxt
hc hobby b25 emergency landing (0 min 44 sec)
Old Aug 17, 2014, 06:17 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,476 Posts
My old FMS Bf-109E project that never seems to end.

FMS Bf-109E with Mr RC Sound 4.1 (0 min 30 sec)
Old Aug 17, 2014, 06:48 PM
"the bouncer"
Australia, VIC, Vermont
Joined Nov 2006
4,737 Posts
Good Save Jiggs , Not many twins come down in one piece with a motor out of action .
mackone is online now Find More Posts by mackone
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:07 AM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackone View Post
Good Save Jiggs , Not many twins come down in one piece with a motor out of action .
thanx mack....my heart rate went up just a bit when the motor parted company...i couldnt even use the other motor to try and feather her down cause of the vibration of the BL that had got free and was spiraling inside the cowl

damage report ...
1 gear door needs 2 new hinges
nose gunner needs a new barrel
left engine nacelle needs re-bonding to wing..impact poped the old glue joint clean apart
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:11 AM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
My old FMS Bf-109E project that never seems to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzb...ature=youtu.be
sounds awesome...just listened to it through the hall speakers at work.
one of the best ive heard
i would like a sound system for my hellcat but i really dont know where to look first u can never distinguish what they actually sound like through the computer speakers and i dont wanna spend loads on a system....

how does she cope with the xtra weight...??

any flight footage...??

jeff
Old Aug 18, 2014, 03:30 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,414 Posts
Quote:
i would like a sound system for my hellcat but i really dont know where to look first u can never distinguish what they actually sound like through the computer speakers and i dont wanna spend loads on a system....

any flight footage...??

jeff
I have the MrRC Sound system in my 1400mm Hellcat, and it sounds great. You would need to get the WWII chip separately, as it has the P&W Double Wasp engine as one of six different engine sounds on that chip. About $23 for the chip.

The system does come with a six sound chip, but the P&W engine is not on that one.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Aug 18, 2014, 06:19 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,476 Posts
Quote:

any flight footage...??

jeff
I got mine second hand so I saved a few $ but still not cheap. Only one transducer though so its loud in the room but not too loud outdoors when flying. I'm going to buy another TT-25 to see if I can get it to the volume I want. I was planning to use it interchangeably w/ my Hellcat as well until CarToon rained on my parade.
I thought the P&W sound was on there.

Weight is no problem as the plane is overpowered anyway. Handles it with no problem.

Alan
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:30 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,414 Posts
My mistake on that one, Alan. The P&W sound is on the standard chip. I got it confused with the Wright Cyclone, which is on the WWII chip.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Aug 18, 2014, 03:53 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,791 Posts
Repainted my friends old Plane Old Crow P-51 into Dolly . This is the Durafly and will be flying it Wed at Apollo
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Aug 18, 2014, 04:47 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Jan 2014
186 Posts
Looks good Mike.
Dawgface is offline Find More Posts by Dawgface