Old Apr 13, 2014, 02:55 AM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee8249 View Post
First day comments, anyone?
No data connection at field. Cant text, cant make phone calls. Motel WiFi spotty.... Been trying to upload all round scores for u since ur post... but no go... so tying to post up tobround five unlimited....hopefully it goes thru...
fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:15 AM
Joined Mar 2007
37 Posts
Congratulations to Art for his wins in Open Expert, RES and Grey Cup! Old Timer...you still got it! Next time try not to kick my butt so bad.

Also, congratulations to Steve Garland, Bobby and the rest of the winners.

Tuan...thanks again for all of your help and I will see you soon.

A big thanks to all the workers and everyone who came. See ya next year, Ed Stewart
newvision is offline Find More Posts by newvision
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:40 PM
Joined Mar 2007
37 Posts
Larry Jolly check your pm call me

Ed Stewart
newvision is offline Find More Posts by newvision
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:50 PM
Bad command or file name
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2013
366 Posts
Are the final results posted anywhere? Also it would be nice to see the results of each round.

Tom
Imageek2 is offline Find More Posts by Imageek2
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:36 PM
in the air
in the air
Joined Aug 2006
121 Posts
Great Job Charlie T! Thank you for keeping this contest alive. I had a blast! A bigthanks to Larry Jolly and Mike Padilla for helping me Fly one of my best contest. This was my first contest back in 99 and will always do my best to fly in it. The NEW field has many different personalities, great time thanks for the fun.
THE EYE is offline Find More Posts by THE EYE
Old Apr 16, 2014, 05:56 PM
Fresno Flier
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
The 33rd Fresno Classic is in the bag. It was a great two days of flying. The thermal cycles were very pronounced on Saturday. The air seemed to turn from warm to cool and back in seconds. Since is was open winch, launch timing was very important. The launch windows were announced at the beginning of each round and remaining time in the window was announced several times during the round. Sometimes waiting to launch was a good idea sometimes not!

Sunday's lift was more consistent. The turn-out was 31 flyers for 41 flights (some pilots in multiple classes). What a great group of flyers. They were very competitive, but we saw so many pilots helping each other out. Several pilots were new to contesting and some took the opportunity to have their set-ups analyzed or adjusted by visiting experts. Lots of smiles and laughter.

We (the Fresno guys) had a great surprise. On Sunday one of the founding members of the club came by and introduced himself. Only two or three of the current members were in the club when he was. When he left flying for other interests, the most common plane was an Oly 2. So, you can imagine his wide eyed amazement to see a modern 4 meter Unlimited ship or a carbon laden RES!

So, here are the winners:

Unlimited (1st to 5th); Art Markiewicz, Bob McGowan. Steven Garland, Mark Browning, Kent Nogy.

2 Meter (1st & 2nd); Bob McGowan, Mark Browning.

RES (1st to 3rd); Art Markiewicz, Larry Jolly, Robin McGowan.

Woody (1st); Bob Brown.

Silver Cup (Highest scoring pilot in any class 62 years of age or older in 2014); Art Markiewicz. His high score (and the highest in any class) was in RES.

Thank you to the pilots and the Fresno Soaring Society members for great event.
Charlie Thompson CD
Charlie T is offline Find More Posts by Charlie T
Old Apr 16, 2014, 05:58 PM
Fresno Flier
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
Ooh forgot. The scores for all of the pilots will be post soon at RC Soaring.com.
Charlie T is offline Find More Posts by Charlie T
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:47 AM
Bad command or file name
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2013
366 Posts
The scores are up at RCSoaring.
Imageek2 is offline Find More Posts by Imageek2