Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:46 AM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Alex, nice idea to fix the FreeIMU right on the Mega. It saves a lot of weight and unnecessairy wiring.

Merry christmas to you and all others here.
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:45 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
@weldmonkey. If you have exactly this WMP+ then your 5V connection should be on pad 2 instead of pad one wich is not connected.
If your sensors are capable of outputting 5V levels to the arduino wich in this case seems correct then i suggest you power them with 5V ( the pads are there).

In the mean time i have succes with my schematic concerning mag and LLC. I only had to connect a 3V connection to the LLC to get no i2C errors. Software pullups are enabled.
Merry Christmas to you all
The working schematic is:
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:42 AM
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraf View Post
@weldmonkey. If you have exactly this WMP+ then your 5V connection should be on pad 2 instead of pad one wich is not connected.
If your sensors are capable of outputting 5V levels to the arduino wich in this case seems correct then i suggest you power them with 5V ( the pads are there).

In the mean time i have succes with my schematic concerning mag and LLC. I only had to connect a 3V connection to the LLC to get no i2C errors. Software pullups are enabled.
Merry Christmas to you all
The working schematic is:
Thank you sir for the response. I already have the sensors except the ADXL345, I was going to use the nunchuck but from looking around it seemed like it would work better and have less errors with the ADXL. Honestly not sure what WM+ I have its an original Ninentendo but I havent pulled it yet, maybe I will do this this weekend and take a look. I will try to update the schematics I made as well to your suggestions for a good final look. So the WM+ can be powered by 5v? (If I have the one pictured) So then Pin 1 would have NC and pin two would be powered by 5v?

Thank you again so much for your help.
weldmonkey is offline Find More Posts by weldmonkey
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:48 AM
Multicopter Nut
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2011
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weldmonkey View Post
I just got my Flyduino and flydusense v1.2 and wondering if it will work with the following sensors:

Shown in the Top.jpg
WM+
ADXL345

Shown in the Bottom.jpg
HMC5883L
BMP085

If anyone has any suggestions or can tell me if this looks right or wrong, I appreciate it. I am new to MultiWii and Flyduino. I spent a long time researching a quad and the Flyduino always ended up looking like the best choice. Sorry for the somewhat crude cut and paste photos just wanted something quick to have someone with a clue to look at. If it looks right I will make a better version for others to use as a reference in the future. (Photos are to scale, except WM+ just estimated the size of this.)
I'm building a similar setup, just instead of the ADXL I'm using a nunchuck board slaved to the WM+. And I'll go 5V on the nintendo combo and add a LLC before the 3.3V Mag & Baro.
For your 3.3V setup, you shall analize the SCL/SDA lines for pull-up resistors. There's a couple of 4k7 on the Mag that fit the description, but I can't see clearly what's on the Baro. Keep just one pair, and setup the software pullups accordingly.

I am researching keeping the wires to a minimum. All GND and +5V lines on the RX are tied together, so I'm going to use all three wires on throttle, then only the PWM wire for the rest of the channels. Accordingly, the ESCs generate their own +5V and get GND from BAT-so only the PWM wire is required. And I'll get a single BAT- wire to a Flyduino GND. Less useless copper to lift and fly around.

Oh, and Merry Chrismas everyone !
ThePara is offline Find More Posts by ThePara
Last edited by ThePara; Dec 25, 2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:12 PM
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
Ok per suggestions here are updated drawings let me know if these look better. I think the Power on the bottom side for the IMU is only 3.3v if its 5v can someone let me know so I can power the boards here. I also snaped a pic of my actual WM+, which doesnt look much different than the one I used in my first drawing.

Anyone use or compare the nunchuck accel. to the ADXL345? Can I use the nunchuck or is it better with the ADXL?

Thank you everyone for the help and quick responses.
weldmonkey is offline Find More Posts by weldmonkey
Old Dec 25, 2011, 04:49 PM
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
Now you have a WMP+ with 7 pads thus i think this time the first pad as in your original drawing needs the 5V.. You can safely try this out because it won't give signals if connected wrong.
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:34 AM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraf View Post
Now you have a WMP+ with 7 pads thus i think this time the first pad as in your original drawing needs the 5V.. You can safely try this out because it won't give signals if connected wrong.
I made this mistake too and no problem , only things happen the wm+ don't work.
claustro is offline Find More Posts by claustro
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,218 Posts
Tested my Flyduino Quad with 4s lipos today.
Woohoo - and up it goes!

Flyduino Quad Straight up! (2 min 7 sec)
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2011, 02:31 PM
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2010
52 Posts
flyduino throving vertical test by Bovi:

Quad throwing 6 (0 min 30 sec)

Quad throwing 1 (0 min 43 sec)
capo is offline Find More Posts by capo
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
64 Posts
It is flyduino mega with drotek 10dof.
Working fine.
bovi is offline Find More Posts by bovi
Old Dec 26, 2011, 05:25 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
you guys are crazy, but at least you build pretty rock solid copters
Merry crsitmas to all you guys and thanks for all the replys,
also a honor seeing the master itself using some of my parts, hope you will have some fun Alex, really.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Last edited by Goofy23; Dec 26, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:28 PM
try to fly
Germany, MV, Rostock
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Hallo alle,
hoffe Ihr hattet schöne Feiertage.
ich habe immer noch das gleiche Problem, das ich in der GUI nichts auslesen kann. Nun habe ich festgestellt das zwischen GND und CTS eine Verbindung besteht oder ein Kurzschluß, also 0 Ohm, kann aber auf dem Schaltplan nicht erkennen ob das so sein soll. Hat jemand eine Idee? Ich habe das Flyduino Mega V2.1. Es liegt aber nicht an der Lötstelle, ist alles sauber verlötet. Kann ich sonst Cts am FTDI trennen?
Danke im voraus,
Bernd.

Hello all,
hope your happy holidays had.
I've still got the same problem that I can read anything in the GUI. Now I've found that between CTS and GND is a connection or a short circuit, ie 0 ohms but can not see from the diagram if you want to be. Does anyone have any idea? I have the mega Flyduino V2.1. It is not at the solder joint is soldered everything clean. Else I can disconnect the FTDI Cts?
Thanks in advance,
Bernd.
Krasi is offline Find More Posts by Krasi
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:53 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
716 Posts
Thanks!!!

Hiya,

Hope everybody had a good festive Season and are looking forwards to a great New Year.

I have to tell everybody about this great dealer i have found, He sells brilliant products for the multiwii at a fair price and more to the point he stands by his products, anything not up to standard and he replaces it without arguement. Infact he has replaced things even without me asking, How good is that? I am of course talking about The Flyduino man Paul Bake aka Goofy23.
I dont really have to tell most of you because you know yourself from the dealings you have had with him.
Im not going to embarrass Paul by saying any more except i wish him, and his business every success in the coming year and i for one will look to his products before i look anywhere else.

All the Best
Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:52 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Oops, Paul, haste mal wieder jemanden glücklich gemacht?
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:29 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
I wonder if anyone using the Flyduino centerplate is having mag problems: Is the mag behaving weird if you throttle up?

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister