HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:44 PM
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2004
3,509 Posts
Careful!

Chief High Horse is offline Find More Posts by Chief High Horse
Last edited by Minhuahua; Feb 19, 2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: title change to reduce confusion with foamfly.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:43 PM
Oceanside CA
Joined Dec 2004
4,046 Posts
Lighthouse

Only problem with eherm... showing up and people randomly appearing is that around this time of year conditions are horribly hard to predict, but another option would be the big slope (lighthouse) I just 5 mins from my house Where ever you hold this I should be able to be there providing the date and place are reasonable. I got a new 5 spar Raider that will be sure to cut some stuff in half, break a few control rods.. smash weasels to bits
Mr. Innocent is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Innocent
Last edited by Mr. Innocent; Aug 19, 2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:12 PM
So-Cal
Joined Apr 2004
539 Posts
Sorry, a bit off topic...I flew that bowl Mr. I. I drove into a gated neighborhood to the base and hiked that steep trail to the to top. I scouted for ds potential on the North side of the bowl (Where the photo is taken from roughly), but it looked ill-suited. Great lift even super light winds. Too bad that area is being developed.

Ryan
d.s.stunner is offline Find More Posts by d.s.stunner
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:44 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,856 Posts
I'll be there with my arsenal. Actually only one good combat wing, and a couple a really sorry backups. My good combat wing is a Bee with ribbon spars and goop and the other two are my own designs with lots wear. All up weight of the Bee is in the 19 oz range! I will have a whole team of Lumberjacks for some FS aerobatics and DS if available.

I fly on Ch 20 some planes and Ch 30 for others with Ch 34 as a backup.

If your itching for a yard sale (pieces floating back to earth all over the slope) take on my 72" Lumberjack proto. It's a beast! I can see the headlines now Lumberjack slashes weasel in two! (Predator's smack talk is rubbing off on me)

I've cut a few combat wings in two with my LEG 60" P51 but I tend to stay away from the combat stuff with it. It really isn't a fair fight!

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:38 AM
Less Whinning, More Flying
SF Bay Area, USA
Joined Feb 2003
1,753 Posts
Foam COMBAT no moldies welcome ;-)

Man, that is sooo elitist!!!
Sailhigh is offline Find More Posts by Sailhigh
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:24 PM
PNF
Los Gatos, CA
Joined May 2005
4,422 Posts
I might have to make a road trip just to kick your (planes')

infopimp is offline Find More Posts by infopimp
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:25 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,904 Posts
Buncha foamy snobs!!!! So-- maybe a slightly beat JW could participate!! Course, my mini weasle can RAGE with really light wind!!!
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Dec 16, 2005, 01:38 PM
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2004
3,509 Posts
Chief High Horse is offline Find More Posts by Chief High Horse
Last edited by Minhuahua; Feb 19, 2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 02:24 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,856 Posts
I haven't had much luck on the CO and Kansas combat circuit in 2005, so I figure a little CA beat down is a good way to start off the new year!

Since getting the new Bee, I've been getting alot more kills with about the same amount of hits as before. The Bee just recovers so much better than any of my combat wing designs. No more Drone work for me!

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Dec 16, 2005, 02:30 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhuahua
PGR-
I know you have not posted here but I still expect your support on this.
I figured I'd quietly ease in all unannounced and unexpected and give everyone an aerial spankin'

All the arrows in my quiver fly on ch. 28.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Dec 16, 2005, 02:43 PM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
I'd love to join..... just a little to far away and no days off.

Enjoy!!!

Post some pictures and video please!

Dave, i am sure a mod will change the tittle for you after a while. One of the reasons i preferred the old forum moderators. They are much more involved and you know who to ask to change a tittle. Oh well.

Jos.
Kimble_Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Kimble_Schmitz
Old Dec 16, 2005, 04:50 PM
Oceanside CA
Joined Dec 2004
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.s.stunner
Sorry, a bit off topic...I flew that bowl Mr. I. I drove into a gated neighborhood to the base and hiked that steep trail to the to top. I scouted for ds potential on the North side of the bowl (Where the photo is taken from roughly), but it looked ill-suited. Great lift even super light winds. Too bad that area is being developed.

Ryan
It isn't being developed up there, only on the areas where you see it flattened out waaaayyyyy further to your right looking up at the radio tower. I've checked with the people doing construction up there and the least they are doing around the flying spots is making the paths more walkable. I live in that gated community.
Mr. Innocent is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Innocent
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:40 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,693 Posts
Don't force me to put a RX back into my XR.....

T
Foam elitists!
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:39 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,904 Posts
Yeah--- I don't want to HAVE to root for Texas--- but you're gettin me close pardner!! I'm gonna come SPANK you with my Mini Weasle-- and getting someone else to fetch your plane I would say is a sign of intelligence-- if NOT good flyin skilZ!!
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:54 PM
Striving to Rip the Bring
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
Don't make me bust out the 36" arrow! I just don't want to be resposible for your broken planes.

Maybe I can get the ritewing proto done; it won't make you feel so bad if I smash you with the same size plane

--Alex
raptor22 is offline Find More Posts by raptor22
Last edited by raptor22; Dec 16, 2005 at 07:41 PM.
Closed Thread