SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 03, 2014, 05:00 PM
Senior Moment
United States, OH, Athens
Joined Aug 2014
9 Posts
Question
COX P-39 Airaconda LineControl Plane

I have inherited a 1970's COX P-39 Airaconda Line control plane.

It is in the original box and has all parts, minus fuel, a working 1.5 Hobby Battery and any Glow Plug wrench.

However, all parts are there, and I'm in the process of cleaning the evaporated fuel residue off the plane parts. The engine has been freed up and the glow plug tested, it's intact.

Any recommendations on where and what fuel I need for the .049 Glow Plug engine would be appreciated.
Please pardon if this is in the wrong forum. Please move if necessary.
Kirk G is offline Find More Posts by Kirk G
Last edited by Kirk G; Sep 03, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2014, 03:55 PM
central CA
Joined Aug 2002
348 Posts
Cool find! My wife found the pt-19 in the box still, I would post this question on the 1/2a sub forum, those guys have the info you need
draftman1 is offline Find More Posts by draftman1
Old Sep 08, 2014, 10:27 PM
Balsadustus Producerus
Escondido, CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,024 Posts
In the day, Cox sold a 'Blue Can' glow fuel which was 15%, and 'Red Can' which was 25% nitromethane. and an all-castor oil package. Might be difficult finding that today, as most hobby shops selling commercially-made fuel will have about 17-18% oil, but you should be safe using something in that range, and add enough castor oil--medical grade from a pharmacy is OK--to raise the oil content a little. Two ounces to the quart should be enough. Those plain-bearing, lapped-piston .049s need a little more oil in their diet.
Balsabird is online now Find More Posts by Balsabird